True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:01 PM

it has a pulse

Source involved in Celtics-Clippers discussions tells Yahoo! Sports: "Not looking good, but I wouldn't say (it's over) for sure

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#42 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,918 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Final hurdle remains unchanged: Clips don't want to part with DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe in deal, sources tells Y! Ainge wants Bledsoe.

#43 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:32 PM

Doesn't phase me as a Laker fan.

Pierce  Terry and Garnet are deminishing and in my opinion this is to big of a blockbuster to happen.

Why would the Celtics have both Eric Bledsoe and Rondo???

In my opinion, a Pau Gasol trade to the Celtics would happen before Garnet in Pierce go to LA.

gasoft for rondo!

Posted Image

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,454 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Kg and pierce can't even move anymore

Let people assume that the Clippers would be deadly with the both of them with Pierce coming off his worst year and Garnett having to be their new center in the west.

Clippers with all their depth was still a first round exit, take away some of their depth and youth(Bledsoe especially) and give them Pierce and Garnett? 

Oh I will laugh for days  :laughing: 

They aren't getting Doc either.

Final hurdle remains unchanged: Clips don't want to part with DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe in deal, sources tells Y! Ainge wants Bledsoe.

Not wanting to part with Bledsoe I understand... but Jordan??!?!?   Garnett despite him likely falling apart sooner rather than later is an upgrade over Jordan in every way but youth and athleticism and at the very least could play the second half =p   Bledsoe I get, but Jordan!?!?!

hope everyone that thought the Clippers were somehow going to make a smart business move has crashed back to reality.  It only took a few hours :smh:  

It's the 11th Commandment..

Thou Shall not steal

Thou shall not kill

The Clippers shall always be, the Clippers.

Edited by Majesty, June 15, 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:59 PM

it has a pulse

:laughing:

yo.

#46 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Let people assume that the Clippers would be deadly with the both of them with Pierce coming off his worst year and Garnett having to be their new center in the west.

Clippers with all their depth was still a first round exit, take away some of their depth and youth(Bledsoe especially) and give them Pierce and Garnett?

Oh I will laugh for days :laughing:

They aren't getting Doc either.

Not wanting to part with Bledsoe I understand... but Jordan??!?!? Garnett despite him likely falling apart sooner rather than later is an upgrade over Jordan in every way but youth and athleticism and at the very least could play the second half =p Bledsoe I get, but Jordan!?!?!

hope everyone that thought the Clippers were somehow going to make a smart business move has crashed back to reality. It only took a few hours :smh:

It's the 11th Commandment..

Thou Shall not steal

Thou shall not kill

The Clippers shall always be, the Clippers.

You must of misread lol clippers are already offering Deandre Jordan and a 1st rd for KG and Doc. Clippers will not just up both and an extra 1st rd pick and mortgage their future just for a 1-2 year window.
Posted Image

#47 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,199 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 15, 2013 - 09:33 PM

Would surprise me if the celtics had a fire sale soon.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 10:01 PM

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons 7h

2 things I'm hearing: Celts holding tight for Bledsoe in this Clips deal, and C's trying to dump 1 or 2 contracts in it (Terry and/or Lee).

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons 7h

PS: something like Doc/KG/Terry/Lee for Jordan/Bledsoe/Butler/picks is Boston's ideal scenario here. Youth + future cap space + picks.

Any of you hear the rumor going around that the Celtics might seriously be interested in Vinny Del Negro if they ultimately part ways with Doc? What are they thinking?

Edited by    , June 15, 2013 - 10:17 PM.

yo.

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,454 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Any of you hear the rumor going around that the Celtics might seriously be interested in Vinny Del Negro if they ultimately part ways with Doc? What are they thinking?

Why would they get Vinny? he aint in the deal ;)

I think its ESPN starting to pull things out of their you know whats.   Like they do with every story.

Edited by Majesty, June 15, 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#50 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,294 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 15, 2013 - 11:02 PM

Great. Now Shaw and Hollins are on the Clips radar. Two coaches who understand how to use their big men. Then again, A frontcourt of Jordan and Griffin has to be one of the most offensively inept post-tandems the league has. Still, what a waste.

#51 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 11:26 PM

Ah gotta love the typical Lakers homers on this site that can't seem to see anything but from a purple and gold perspective.

Ignorant.

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,454 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 11:29 PM

Great. Now Shaw and Hollins are on the Clips radar. Two coaches who understand how to use their big men. Then again, A frontcourt of Jordan and Griffin has to be one of the most offensively inept post-tandems the league has. Still, what a waste.

would love to see Hollins try to run double posts through Griffin and Jordan.. would be hilarious!!

Not sure Griffin or Jordan would grasp the triangle either.  Unless they have a second legit option no matter who their coach is its gonna be Chris Paul carrying them all again.

Shaw should have gotten the nets job!!! 

But you know a place Shaw could fit?  Denver, if they get Igoudala back.

Edited by Majesty, June 15, 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,454 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Also

Clippers-Celtics Trade Fails, Rivers To Stay With Celtics

http://www.sportscit...ics/2013/06/15/

Edited by Majesty, June 15, 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#54 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted June 16, 2013 - 07:48 AM

CP3 has probably given them reassurances that he'll re-sign. I don't think there's any way they take in KG's contract or go after a coach who doesn't have interest in coaching a re-building team otherwise.

I thought them firing Del Negro could've been independent from CP3. Del Negro's contract expired and they've already had him around for a long time. He's coached the team when they haven't had a lot of talent and when they have. I think they could've just come to the conclusion that they don't want him around whether they're going to be contending or not.

Posted Image

#55 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:29 AM

CP3 has probably given them reassurances that he'll re-sign. I don't think there's any way they take in KG's contract or go after a coach who doesn't have interest in coaching a re-building team otherwise.

I thought them firing Del Negro could've been independent from CP3. Del Negro's contract expired and they've already had him around for a long time. He's coached the team when they haven't had a lot of talent and when they have. I think they could've just come to the conclusion that they don't want him around whether they're going to be contending or not.

I don't think he's given the Clippers any reassurances. 

The Clippers, along with every other team in the NBA knows that CP3 wants to win.  Every pitch to CP3 will be about why they are the best place for him to win and why its the best situation.

If the Clippers go out and get a coach like Doc Rivers, and put another winner in Kevin Garnett next to him, despite them being the Clippers, it will be difficult for CP3 to not re-sign with them.   Then you have them wanting to sign Paul Pierce if and when he is released, that would give CP3 the best chance to win outside of him wanting to sign with Miami and playing with LeBron James. 

This is what scares me about the Dwight situation.  You have the Clippers making a major effort to give that winning situation to CP3 and meanwhile we have the Lakers who are content with a below average coach that Dwight has already voiced his displeasure with through the media and their pitch is going to be "We are the Lakers and we have cap space in another season."

#56 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted June 16, 2013 - 10:26 AM

I don't think he's given the Clippers any reassurances. 

The Clippers, along with every other team in the NBA knows that CP3 wants to win.  Every pitch to CP3 will be about why they are the best place for him to win and why its the best situation.

If the Clippers go out and get a coach like Doc Rivers, and put another winner in Kevin Garnett next to him, despite them being the Clippers, it will be difficult for CP3 to not re-sign with them.   Then you have them wanting to sign Paul Pierce if and when he is released, that would give CP3 the best chance to win outside of him wanting to sign with Miami and playing with LeBron James. 

This is what scares me about the Dwight situation.  You have the Clippers making a major effort to give that winning situation to CP3 and meanwhile we have the Lakers who are content with a below average coach that Dwight has already voiced his displeasure with through the media and their pitch is going to be "We are the Lakers and we have cap space in another season."

I do. I think it's why the Clippers have been able to be very aggressive. It would be a disaster if they make the deal with Boston and CP3 ends up leaving. You have would have the contract of an old player and a coach would doesn't want to be a part of a rebuilding project. It would set them back when it comes to rebuilding.

What I'm still hoping is that the Lakers have changes planed, but won't do them until he gives them the go-ahead. I hope that he'll test FA, then give them the go ahead to make the moves and re-sign with them afterward.

I could be wrong on both counts. I'm just speculating. But, I think it makes some sense. I'm more confident in my theory about the Clippers than the Lakers. The Lakers could be waiting to make roster moves, but I'm not so sure about the coach. I think it's hard to make a coaching change quickly like that.

Edited by Japago, June 16, 2013 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image

#57 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,918 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 12:56 PM

Celtics and Clippers have had no conversation today on proposed deal, league sources tell Y!

#58 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted June 16, 2013 - 01:32 PM

Offering Blake and Bled for Dwight? Damn they really are going all out.

#59 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,285 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 16, 2013 - 06:30 PM

They're not offering Griffin and Bledsoe for Dwight.

That was an idea Mychal Thompson had on Friday and somehow it's become an actual rumor.

#60 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 09:27 AM

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers are discussing possible compromises to including guard Eric Bledsoe into the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal with hopes of completing an agreement on Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Discussions over a blockbuster deal reached an impasse on Saturday when Boston general manager Danny Ainge held firm that Bledsoe had to be a part of package that included DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick, but sources say that Boston has shown a willingness to find another asset to supplant Bledsoe and complete the complicated deal, sources said.

The Clippers are prepared to give Rivers a five-year deal to coach and believe acquiring Rivers and Garnett – who will waive his no-trade clause – will lock up the re-signing of free-agent superstar Chris Paul, sources said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users