• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#341 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,526 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:53 PM

if they buy him out, he wont be a Celtic player tho

No he won't but he'll still have been a celtic player when this all happened. Hence he could have been involved in discussions,

For all the league knows doc told pierce and kg to get waived and come to LA before he was traded
Posted Image

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:54 PM

100% truth.

This pisses me off. And I'm just a fan.

Can't imagine how Dwight feels.

Fantastic and why shouldn't he? After all he's got a coach whose greatest strength & emphasis is post-play & defense.

yo.

#343 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,350 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:55 PM

No he won't but he'll still have been a celtic player when this all happened. Hence he could have been involved in discussions,

For all the league knows doc told pierce and kg to get waived and come to LA before he was traded

LOL. I'm just saying that the Celtics were planning on releasing him even before this whole trade talk 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#344 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,526 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Again it's my opinion. I don't know how much the league is willing to be lenient about
Posted Image

#345 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,350 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Again it's my opinion. I don't know how much the league is willing to be lenient about

We'll see, it will be interesting 

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:58 PM

You never know for sure with Stern. He's certainly capable (as we all know) of being highly unpredictable. It just might depend on what agenda he ultimately has.

yo.

#347 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,350 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:02 PM

You never know for sure with Stern. He's certainly capable (as we all know) of being highly unpredictable. It just might depend on what agenda he ultimately has.

that if the C's decides to keep or trade him to the Cavs,  which the Cavs have offered two 2nd round picks. The Celtics haven't accepted or declined that offer as of yet 

#348 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,073 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:13 PM

100% truth.

This pisses me off. And I'm just a fan.

Can't imagine how Dwight feels.

Dwight is the one "waiting" and being "patient" to be courted.  He knows the Lakers aren't gonna do anything till he says what he's gonna do.  How is he being "silent" a problem with the Lakers?  

CP3 wasn't silent, he spoke up, and got what he wanted.

Dwight is being silent because he wants to be courted and feel like a free agent, CP3 didn't care about all that.

Blaming the Lakers for waiting on Dwight's decision is silly.  Dwight could make it all end if he went to them and said "this is what I want and I'll re-sign"  but he hasn't.   That's on him and his need to be courted.  Cp3 just did the opposite.  

Where in the world is it the Lakers fault for Dwight being "silent" and not revealing anything about what he wants?  Mitch even stressed how important it would be to know soon, but Dwight is gonna draw this out.  And that is the Lakers fault how?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#349 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Something tells me CP3 wins MVP next year

#350 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:02 PM

I honestly don't think they'll let pierce go to LA either. Any Boston player can be argued as under the table.

This is a peculiar situation where the league stepped in because two teams were trying to pull a fast one on the league

I don't think the league lets any current celtics players go to the clippers

But that's just my opinion

There is no issue with Pierce.  The Celtics were going to release him regardless (before any of this started).  His release saves the Celtics money and that's why he was going to get let go. 

Kevin Garnett is the one that might be screwed.  There is no way they can do a straight up deal anymore but what people are talking about now is can the league block a trade if it's a three or four team deal with pieces going to other teams.  

The fun won't start until the trade talk between the two teams start up again. 

#351 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,073 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Ultimately the reality of the situation is that the Celtics may have just given up their coach and could get virtually nothing for him.

If the Clippers don't decide to take Pierce or Pierce doesn't wind up going somewhere like Miami then the Celtics basically have nothing left.   Except Rondo coming back from injury and Garnett who could ask to be traded or maybe even retire if Pierce is gone.

Then Boston goes into full on rebuild mode.

The question is, will Rondo want to be a part of that?   With 3 years 11 million left on his contract what if he asks for a trade as he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process coming off of injury?

Celtics could actually be done for a while right now imo I mean back to where they were before the big 3 there was formed.

The only worse thing that could happen would be if VDN somehow became their coach.

The me that respects their franchise for their accomplishments and now seeing what it may come to is like this :no:

But the Lakers fan that hates the Celtics within me goes like this :dance:

Edited by Majesty, June 23, 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#352 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:34 PM

All this means to me is Brian Shaw is still out there, just waiting for the Lakers to wake the hell up.

Dallas is going to offer Pierce more money than Pierce and at this point in his life, this is the last time he will be able to make top flight money.  I still think Pierce winds up a Maverick.

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ultimately the reality of the situation is that the Celtics may have just given up their coach and could get virtually nothing for him.

Not gonna' lie, I immediately thought of Chris Broussard as I read that.

Celtics could actually be done for a while right now imo I mean back to where they were before the big 3 there was formed.

The only worse thing that could happen would be if VDN somehow became their coach.

Good. Here's to hoping that happens & there's already been brief reports/speculation as to VDN as a possible candidate for them so it's not as unlikely as it may seem.

yo.

#354 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,073 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 09:11 PM

All this means to me is Brian Shaw is still out there, just waiting for the Lakers to wake the hell up.

Dallas is going to offer Pierce more money than Pierce and at this point in his life, this is the last time he will be able to make top flight money.  I still think Pierce winds up a Maverick.

Honestly Garnett could too if he wished it.  He'd do better than Brand did in a similar role. 

#355 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,629 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 24, 2013 - 04:58 AM

Celtics fans were getting full of themselves for a while there. They forgot that Boston isn't an attractive destination for free agents, any talent they get will have to be through trades or the draft. They may have the most rings, but they gotta remember that the majority of those were won during the 50's and 60's. Then after a few with Bird in the 80's, they sucked for 20 years.

It's about time they're knocked back to reality.

#356 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 24, 2013 - 05:10 AM

So Clippers managed to get a good coach while the Lakers have a coach that nobody likes. 

If the Clippers don't decide to take Pierce or Pierce doesn't wind up going somewhere like Miami then the Celtics basically have nothing left.   Except Rondo coming back from injury and Garnett who could ask to be traded or maybe even retire if Pierce is gone.

Then Boston goes into full on rebuild mode.

The question is, will Rondo want to be a part of that?   With 3 years 11 million left on his contract what if he asks for a trade as he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process coming off of injury?

The me that respects their franchise for their accomplishments and now seeing what it may come to is like this :no:

But the Lakers fan that hates the Celtics within me goes like this :dance:

You can't say the Celtics are giving up on Doc when in reality Doc already stated he doesn't want to return. So what is the team going to do if a coach said he rather do sideline commentators than coach for your team? Yes the Celtics didn't get great value back but atleast they get something.  So you can't say they didnt get anything back.

To me, Clippers and Celtics are the two teams that I hate the most. I do enjoy the Celtics becoming irrelevant in the next coming season but at the same time the Clippers are going to be considered one of the favorites to come out of the west. THat to me is a nightmare in itself.  I dont know anybody here on this messageboard hate the Clippers as much as  do since I proclaimed myself to be the #1 clipper hater. I hope that the Clipper still suck even with Doc and KG and Pierce. Ofcourse hoping is different than reality and reality is the Clippers are making things happen while the Lakers still have MDA and still are too stuck up their asses they are not willing to do things right.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#357 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:02 AM

but the clippers are still the clippers...

don't forget for the first several years in boston, he was loathed....

things could turn bad...

#358 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Something tells me CP3 wins MVP next year

Depends, even MJ on great seasons got passed over by 'surprise' players who drastically improved their team even if their stats weren't as high. This would make me believe a 20/10 season from Paul with Doc and a minimum 60 win season (which is very possible with proper coaching and that much depth). Although the other argument is the MVP voters (media) infatuation with Lebron will want to make it a 3 in a row MVP, joining Wilt, Bill, and Bird.

Most people on here agree that Doc being the coach instantly elevates them as actual threats to come out of the West along OKC. Considering Grizz and Nuggets are gonna fall back because of coaching blunders, Lakers are well you know, Spurs older and maybe still emotionally worn down. Really only leaving Warriors and Rockets, neither which I think can beat a focused Clips or OKC team. 

While coaching players like Griffin and Jordan to play defense and rebound might create tension at the beginning, anyone here think the Doc hire is overrated or not gonna pan out as well as expected?

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 12:36 PM

but the clippers are still the clippers...

Denial. These are not the Clippers of old, especially not with CP3 as their franchise player. They've been legit ever since he arrived. You can't just laugh at them anymore like old times.

In fact, they are clearly better than us right now and were last year as well despite them not making it past the first round either. It sucks to admit, but it's the harsh reality.

yo.

#360 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:06 PM

I still rank Clippers below OKC, Grizz, and possibly Spurs.

They need to get rid of Jordan to get a PF. I have a feeling Clippers will also offer Griffin and Bledsoe for Dwight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users