Photo

Kobe wants to wants to be "back next season with a vengeance"; wants "two more cracks at it to win seven NBA titles at least."

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,127 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 14, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant set off a mild panic among Lakers fans on Friday afternoon when he selected "The Last Chapter" as the slogan that best represents his comeback from a ruptured Achilles tendon.

"The Last Chapter," you see, sounds a lot like the quote Phil Jackson gave when he decided to return for his final season with the Lakers in 2010-11, and seemed to imply Bryant was thinking of retiring after next season.

Bryant

Far from it, a knowledgeable source told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Friday.

Bryant wants to be "back next season with a vengeance," the source said. And he wants "two more cracks at it to win seven NBA titles at least."

http://espn.go.com/l...ccording-source

Edited by True Lakers Fan, June 14, 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,400 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Fantastic to hear, but let's be real here, he's obviously gonna' need a ton more help to even have a chance as well as a different coach.

yo.

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,127 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 02:32 PM

in my opinion I think if he didn't tore his Achilles this upcoming season would be his last  

#4 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,127 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 02:48 PM

does this put a damper on the 2014 plan?  If it does. time  to go all out these last 2 seasons 

#5 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 02:56 PM

does this put a damper on the 2014 plan? If it does. time to go all out these last 2 seasons

That was the plan from the start. Why do you think we gave up all these draft picks?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#6 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,127 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:04 PM

That was the plan from the start. Why do you think we gave up all these draft picks?

I was talking about the cap space for the FA 

#7 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:08 PM

"A source with knowledge of the Lakers' thinking told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the team was planning to open extension talks with Bryant as soon as they were allowed to under NBA rules, which ironically came right after he ruptured his Achilles in a game against Golden State on April 12."

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#8 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,127 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:09 PM

Interesting 

#9 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,356 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:35 PM

Why do I have the sudden urge to hit the gym after reading the title!

Kobe always pumps me up! Let's go Mamba!

#10 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Why do I have the sudden urge to hit the gym after reading the title!

Kobe always pumps me up! Let's go Mamba!

Me too lol this pumped me up big time. The Lakers aren't stupid they know how much respect Kobe deserves to be given in return for everything he's done for this franchise. Get it done Lakers-lock him up, resign Dwight, amnesty Ron, get rid of Pringles or AT LEAST have him hire a respected defensive assistant and go all out the next two seasons trying to get Kobe at least one more ring. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 14, 2013 - 03:47 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#11 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,469 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Been saying it all along.

If Kobe can walk after winning his sixth ring, he's going for 7. He doesn't wear number 24 because there's 24 seconds on a shot clock. He doesn't wear number 10 in the Olympics because of the soccer connection (he does actually, but you get my point). It's not some coincidence.

This man will not rest until he surpasses the GOAT. It's literally what he's been working 17 years and counting for. Don't fool yourselves.

As a great man by the name of Kanye West once stated,

"Tryna get that Kobe number, one over Jordan."
iyjywo.jpg

#12 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,773 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 03:55 PM

The pick we gave away was because we'd be a title team last year and this year ..

There is nothing to go all out for, IF Kobe can return strong and Howard signs with the Lakers, and surrounded with better supporting cast, which is difficult, then we might be contenders...

For some reason i feel this is a word from Kobe especially at this time to erge Howard to feel the Lakers are not out of the convo yet ..

Edited by fozi, June 14, 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#13 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 04:30 PM

It has been reported by Ramona Shelburne that Kobe wants to play longer after next season is over.  Is it a surprised that Kobe wants to play until he's 40? If you think Kobe is going to retire after next season, you probably don't know Kobe at all. Lakers is the ONLY team Kobe wants to play for. Unlike players now a days have no respect for this franchise, Kobe respect this franchise and know the Lakers is the IT franchise and to win a championship wearing the purple and gold is better than winning it with any other team.  So the lakers have an issue here. How are they going to sign Kobe to an extention and not damaged the huge cap room for 2014?   If you are the Lakers, what would you do?  Are you going to let Kobe play for someone else? Are you going to extend his contract? Are you going to hope kobe will be willing to have a major pay cut?  We dont know how Kobe will be after the injury. What would you do?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 14, 2013 - 04:36 PM

You can keep this talk in the thread about Kobe wanting to play two more years.  Merging.

#15 BLK MAMBA 81

BLK MAMBA 81

Rookie

• 285 posts
  • Name:Jackal Phrenic 210SA
  • Fan Since:96 - Forever
  • Fav. Laker:MR. 81

Posted June 14, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Great read! Excited for this man, now for the team to put in the effort! You got the chief getting ready now you little Indians fallow.

#16 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 14, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Alot of people will blame him of the same attitude other players get when they conitnue to play when they are past their prime.

Still this is fundamentally different because Kobe while not the athletically dominant guard, is still playing at a high level. It is one of the reasons why I do think he still does not get the respect he warrants, he just deeply wants to be great, but is willing to sacrifice and put in all the work, injury or not.

I do trust Kupchak that he is and willing to alwyas improve the roster unlike other financially aware GM's, but obvioulsy this new orginzation is dysfunctioanlly trying to get used to it, or unsuccesffuly imposing their will just because they own the team like Jerry Jones. Something will give in these next two seasons.

#17 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted June 14, 2013 - 06:27 PM

thats the spirit kobe. win.

Posted Image

#18 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted June 14, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Gonna take a huge paycut I think in that FA year. Can't afford to lock him up to a 30 million type of amount. 15-20 should be more than reasonable and that may be too high a number. Sadly I highly doubt he gets his wish of the rings. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#19 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 14, 2013 - 11:46 PM

kobe is the best

!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#20 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:01 AM

Signing him to an extension before the 2014 "plan" would be the dumbest thing this front office could ever do.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users