#41 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 30, 2013 - 11:03 AM

Learn to use apostrophes correctly, and no, not at all. If that was my intention, I wouldn't have explained why I disliked the album.

I just can't understand why this received so much praise when it really doesn't come close to being a coherent or consistent album, especially from publications who make it their job to listen to music. This isn't a good album because it's all over the place on every track. People seemed to love it because it was "new" and "edgy" but it's not because Techno-pop (which is what this album is) has been done many times before and much more effectively. Honestly, the only reason this got so much publicity was because Kanye released it. If it were any other artist, this experimental pile of crap wouldn't have seen the light of day.

I guess the shock value of Kanye's edgy release wore off really quick, I haven't heard anything about this in over a month nor do I know anyone that is still bumping this. I honestly forgot about this album until I saw this thread bumped. MBDTF in comparison was a great album (his best work musically to date) and I still listen to it every now and then almost three years after it came out. Yeezus? Recycle bin after two days.

#42 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 30, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Learn to use apostrophes correctly, and no, not at all. If that was my intention, I wouldn't have explained why I disliked the album.

I just can't understand why this received so much praise when it really doesn't come close to being a coherent or consistent album, especially from publications who make it their job to listen to music. This isn't a good album because it's all over the place on every track. People seemed to love it because it was "new" and "edgy" but it's not because Techno-pop (which is what this album is) has been done many times before.

I guess the shock value of Kanye's edgy release wore off really quick, I haven't heard anything about this in over a month nor do I know anyone that is still bumping this. I honestly forgot about this album until I saw this thread bumped. MBDTF in comparison was a great album (his best work musically to date) and I still listen to it every now and then almost three years after it came out. Yeezus? Recycle bin after two days.

No, I think he meant that you ARE an opinion lmfao. I agree though, I only liked three songs. Bound 2, black skinhead, and hold my liquor. The rest of the album didn't feel like kanye.

#43 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I just can't understand why this received so much praise when it really doesn't come close to being a coherent or consistent album, especially from publications who make it their job to listen to music. This isn't a good album because it's all over the place on every track. People seemed to love it because it was "new" and "edgy" but it's not because Techno-pop (which is what this album is) has been done many times before and much more effectively. Honestly, the only reason this got so much publicity was because Kanye released it. If it were any other artist, this experimental pile of crap wouldn't have seen the light of day.

You got it, grammar police. I'll learn it as soon as you learn that your opinion is not fact.

Edited by Paris, July 30, 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#44 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:53 AM

Reading comprehension would be nice, I never once said that. I've merely explained why I don't like this album at all and why I don't understand the high praise it initially received. Hell, I specifically did that in that reply you just quoted.

I'm still waiting on anyone to explain WHY this album is any good. All I've heard so far (from both reviews and people I know) is that it's good because Kanye made it. That's it.

#45 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Reading comprehension would be nice, I never once said that. I've merely explained why I don't like this album at all and why I don't understand the high praise it initially received. Hell, I specifically did that in that reply you just quoted.

I'm still waiting on anyone to explain WHY this album is any good. All I've heard so far (from both reviews and people I know) is that it's good because Kanye made it. That's it.

Don't wanna butt in, but that statement in itself is hard to explain. What makes any album good? Being critically acclaimed is one thing, but for someone to say they like it and think it is good is not such an easy thing to explain. I like it, think it is a good album. I like the lyrics of it, not the most lyrically album, but nice word play in songs and thats something I look for in music. Unlike most I like when there is a little instrumental interlude in a song, allows me to enjoy the instrumental more. Not the biggest fan of autotune but didnt go too over board with it so it didnt take away much for me. Just  my opinion on why I like the album and think it is solid, def not his best work but still an album I can listen to and enjoy.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#46 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:11 AM

Thanks, finally an actual response.

I have no problem with experimental albums at all, but Kanye was all over the place on this one. All in all, I thought it was a pretty lazy release, like he cobbled it together a few weeks before it was due. I don't think it even compares to his better works, despite how crazy some people were about it hours after it leaked. This was such a letdown for me, one of the few albums I was really looking forward to.

#47 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thanks, finally an actual response.

I have no problem with experimental albums at all, but Kanye was all over the place on this one. All in all, I thought it was a pretty lazy release, like he cobbled it together a few weeks before it was due. I don't think it even compares to his better works, despite how crazy some people were about it hours after it leaked. This was such a letdown for me, one of the few albums I was really looking forward to.

I heard rumors that it was a rushed album. That's why he's supposed to be making a part 2. And I agree it isn't his best album, but I just find it good. Only song I don't like is I Am A God.

Album just sounds so majestic in my Beats, LOL.

#48 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 04, 2013 - 10:57 PM

This album was trash in every aspect outside of production

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#49 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 22, 2013 - 06:52 PM

This album is diffrent and still is a good album the point of this album was to be different not typical kanye

• 40,377 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 02:02 AM

Kanye West "Yeezus" (Movie Trailer)

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users