Photo

Will Bynum drawing interest from the Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 15, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Small at 6'0

Quick

Can't play defense

Yup, I know who is going to be our coach next year

Have someone better in mind that the Lakers can afford?

Aside from Delonte West whom no one knows where his mind is gonna be nor where his commitments lay.

I myself wouldn't focus on a point, unless they are preparing for injuries and are intending to waive Duhon.

But do you know of a tall to mid ranged point guard that's quick and can play defense?   

Aside from Delonte whom again, no one knows where his mind is or where his commitments are currently.   In terms of who the Lakers could afford, what point guards would you go after?  If any

And if I'm a betting man, if D'antoni is still coach at the beginning of next season if we lose 2 games in the first week he won't be anymore. 

And undersized point guards that could only shoot threes and couldn't play defense was a trend long before coach outscoretheopponent got here.  

fisher2.gif

Phil(if he is here next year after that first week) could use Will very well imo.

Edited by Majesty, June 15, 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#62 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 16, 2013 - 02:01 PM

The negativity on here is kind of annoying.

Poor Lakers fans, it sucks that we win more than anyone else.

it sucks that we have had 2 of the best 3 guards of all-time. It sucks that we have had All ofthe best centers to ever play the game, here.

It sucks that Kobe is no longer better than L:EBron, whi is currently in the Finals.

It sucks that Magic got surpassed by MJ when Magic was past his prime.

Lets go through a timeline.

Going 4 4th straight finals , Kobe hurt his foot and had a bad knee, Pau was mentally exhausted and Phil was at the end of his rope. 

We got swept by Dallas(who won)

Tried to trade Pau for CP3. 

We had Mike Brown, and we actually did a little better in the playoffs than we did the previous season, with Phil. Welost Odom and Fisher thatyear.

Sessions walks, and we have no real point guard.

We trade for Nash, and then flip Bynum( who was injured) into Dwight(who was hurt)

Expectations are through the roof, even though Dwight is hurt and NOT the player he ended up being or will be moving forward.

kobe was playing for self, because he had the notion that NOW, all he had to do was score.

Nash broke his leg, the second game.

Pau should have sat out the first month of the season or so, where he had NO lateral quickness, no lift, and was hurting the team by taking up minutes.

jamison was playing very passive.

And all people can seem to focus on is, the 15 game stretch( at he most) where the Lakers played at a faster tempo than was optimal.

there are at least 7 reasons that we were losing 17-25

including Mike Brown's Princeton(Kobe suggested it), No Nash, No Blake, lack of togetherness, lack of time on court, lack of training camp. Out of shape big man. Horrible 3rd string point guard

#63 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,364 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Bynum is a baller. I wish we'd stop looking at the glass half full when it comes to players like Blake. The best you will ever see from him is how he played at seasons end and that won't win a championship. Teams benches are ridiculously good these days. We need better than Blake, Meeks and Clark. Especially on the defensive end. If we don't make major moves or get lucky and find a Kawhi Leonard or Paul George we are in Deep Doo Doo  

#64 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:14 PM

Bynum is a baller. I wish we'd stop looking at the glass half full when it comes to players like Blake. The best you will ever see from him is how he played at seasons end and that won't win a championship. Teams benches are ridiculously good these days. We need better than Blake, Meeks and Clark. Especially on the defensive end. If we don't make major moves or get lucky and find a Kawhi Leonard or Paul George we are in Deep Doo Doo  

if he's playing like that off the bench and we're healthy I beg to differ.   If Blake continues to play that way off the bench and be top 15 in the league in 3 point shooting and being a good defender I'd say we'd have a pretty good shot as long as the rest of the bench followed suit.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#65 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Keep mistaking this for a Andrew Bynum thread.

Don't ever want to see that name inside Lakers Talk again. Somebody edit the title to "Pistons PG Will B."
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#66 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 21, 2013 - 12:01 PM

If true, Duhon, Morris, Goudelock and DJO won't be returning.

This is the deepest PG draft I have ever seen...we can pick up a floor general better than Morris in the 2nd rnd.  Unless we clear some roster spots, amnesty MWP and trade Pau, I don't see us adding to the $80 MILLION lux tax check we will have to cut this year...

#67 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 12:51 PM

GCMD , what do you think of the guard out of VT, who led the nation in scoring?

#68 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 22, 2013 - 08:31 AM

:turrible:  :clap2:  :turrible:  :smh: You dont get lucky & find a Kawhi or PG. You develop that player who already has natural athletic talent.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#69 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 04:21 PM

GCMD , what do you think of the guard out of VT, who led the nation in scoring?

Erick Green?  Very fast.  Ability to score in transition, from the perimeter and off the bounce in half court sets is amazing.  Would instantly be a player that could crack our second unit.  Excellent size for a PG, long arms and good lateral speed.   Needs to get stronger but I'd LOVE to pick him up in the 2nd rnd...doubt he'll fall that far.  I'd be shocked if he fell farther than 33rd pick...

He reminds me of Kevin Johnson...doubt any of you remember him...PHO Suns, back when Barkley was there?

#70 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:06 PM

Erick Green?  Very fast.  Ability to score in transition, from the perimeter and off the bounce in half court sets is amazing.  Would instantly be a player that could crack our second unit.  Excellent size for a PG, long arms and good lateral speed.   Needs to get stronger but I'd LOVE to pick him up in the 2nd rnd...doubt he'll fall that far.  I'd be shocked if he fell farther than 33rd pick...

He reminds me of Kevin Johnson...doubt any of you remember him...PHO Suns, back when Barkley was there?

Damn, you must think we are kids,

KJ was a 20, 10 guy with HEART and I remember him being one of the BIG shot type of players.

i cant think of a guy who plays like him , maybe deron in some ways, but I loved KJ and that Suns team was the team I liked when the Lakers were DOWn

Which was 10 years under JERRY BUSS AND JERRY WEST.

So get off Jim Buss' backs every one.

The great Doctor could do NOTHING in the Jordan era but witness.

this is the LeBron era.

Get over it, and ENJOY all the moments your team has to offer.

#71 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,166 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:40 PM

KJ dunked on Hakeem sometime back in 2007 was nasty...

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, June 24, 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users