#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,495 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 13, 2013 - 04:57 AM

HELL NO...On the one hand, Wade is absolutely washed-up, this guy has completely lost his explosiveness and athleticism and he has never been able to shoot the ball so he is just an above-average player in this league right now. On the other hand, Bosh has regressed and he is just a spot-up midrange shooter. His D is atrocious, his post-game is done (has he forgotten how to play back to the basket?). None of these guys are All-Stars any longer. If they want to come to LA for the mid-level exception, they can join the Lakers. 

Bosh expands his range so LeBron can drive to the basket and he stands on the perimeter for that very reason and prefers mid range and he shoots over 50% from there with LeBron driving or dishing.  Their offense isn't designed for him to be posting up.   He still can attack from there and has shown he can, he just isn't asked to.  Their offense is ran through LeBron getting to the basket and dishing along the perimeter or the mid range.  He's asked to spread the floor so when LeBron drives he can dish to either side for an open mid range shot or finish at the rim.

The Spurs if they take the drive away(like Indiana did) Bosh is on the perimeter with a broken play given to him for a three.  Which he actually has been hitting but it's not the shot he wants.

It's hard for Bosh to get rebounds standing along the perimeter or the three point line.  But that's how one dimensional Miami's offense is. 

It's designed for LeBron to create for everyone off the drive, once that's gone it's a broken play.

But you pair Bosh with Dwight and with Kobe and that's a very deadly combination as both Kobe and Dwight could and would set up Bosh for wide open mid range shots which is his game.

Only one person on Miami would be considered for a double team, that's LeBron.

Dwight and Kobe face it near every game.  

I'd rather have Bosh taking those mid range shots than Gasol if I had a choice.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,565 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:06 AM

Bosh expands his range so LeBron can drive to the basket and he stands on the perimeter for that very reason and prefers mid range and he shoots over 50% from there with LeBron driving or dishing.  Their offense isn't designed for him to be posting up.   He still can attack from there and has shown he can, he just isn't asked to.  Their offense is ran through LeBron getting to the basket and dishing along the perimeter or the mid range.  He's asked to spread the floor so when LeBron drives he can dish to either side for an open mid range shot or finish at the rim.

The Spurs if they take the drive away(like Indiana did) Bosh is on the perimeter with a broken play given to him for a three.  Which he actually has been hitting but it's not the shot he wants.

It's hard for Bosh to get rebounds standing along the perimeter or the three point line.  But that's how one dimensional Miami's offense is. 

It's designed for LeBron to create for everyone off the drive, once that's gone it's a broken play.

But you pair Bosh with Dwight and with Kobe and that's a very deadly combination as both Kobe and Dwight could and would set up Bosh for wide open mid range shots which is his game.

Only one person on Miami would be considered for a double team, that's LeBron.

Dwight and Kobe face it near every game.  

I'd rather have Bosh taking those mid range shots than Gasol if I had a choice.

I completely agree but if we did do a Bosh for Pau deal we'd be looking at a payroll of about 50 million going into the 2014 free agency - and that's not counting Kobe. Also, like someone mentioned; Miami could get a better deal than Pau.  

#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:52 AM

Bosh if he's cheap, I wouldn't even think of going after Wade.

#44 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 13, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Gun to my head.....um.... I'll probably just get shot.

Neither TBH.

#45 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:28 PM

Bosh if he's cheap, I wouldn't even think of going after Wade.

Posted Image

#46 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,084 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 13, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Man, I see why GMs take vision. 

Bosh playing with Kobe and Dwight, or any guard and Dwight, is the PERFECT third guy. Now, for a guy like LeBron who just wants to drive, Bosh is misused FAR more than Pau, but media never talks about it.

ANYHOW.

Wade is far from done.

20,5,5 on 50% shooting this season.

#47 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Don't look at a stat-line and come to that conclusion, he's been a shell of himself all year long. He's only going to get worse, reckless guards like him don't age well at all.

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Vintage Wade tonight. Didn't look injured AT ALL. Driving, jumping, dunking, stealing, blocking shots. He looked like a beast. Yeah, LeBron finished with a point more overall on the night thanks in large part to his sudden stat-padding at the end of the game trying to one-up Wade, but Wade was the MVP of this game no quesiton about it despite what the media might say.

yo.

#49 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,084 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:27 PM

LeBron has an EGO problem and it WILL drive Wade out of Miami, or maybe he'll push Bron away.

Wade played a similar way in Game 4 or 5 of the 2011 Finals, where he was EVERYWHERE, but we know what Lebron did in those Finals.

L.A.K.E.R. - I 'm not going off "stats", and I'm not going off of "what he used to be", which is a KEY mistake in player evaluation, I'm looking at what he can do.

I view Wade as that Chris Paul level, but more valuable b/c he has more defensive value.

Even when banged up, Wade can RISE to the occasion. He and Manu have some of the same DNA Kobe has. They are get it done type of players.

Now, manu is DONE.

Wade as a "Ray Allen", obviously not a shooter, but as a veteran who can be a sixth man, and a winning type of player, would be an asset.

Hell, Vince Carter had good moments THIS seaosn and he's been out of All-Star contention for like 4-5 years now.

2014 is after next season. Wade will still be that 15 points on 45%, with INTANGIBLES... at the LEAST

• 40,431 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:29 PM

LeBron has an EGO problem and it WILL drive Wade out of Miami, or maybe he'll push Bron away.

You saw it too? It was so obvious near the end of this game. Wade had to know it more than anyone.

yo.

#51 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,084 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Wade and LeBron have been going through this all post season.

LeBron = Great teammate...Not a GRAET leader though

It's always pointing the finger. And ALWAYS, a moment of spoiled behavior

#52 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:17 PM

L.A.K.E.R. - I 'm not going off "stats", and I'm not going off of "what he used to be", which is a KEY mistake in player evaluation, I'm looking at what he can do.

I view Wade as that Chris Paul level, but more valuable b/c he has more defensive value.

Even when banged up, Wade can RISE to the occasion. He and Manu have some of the same DNA Kobe has. They are get it done type of players.

You're kidding, right? He's had one good game in the entire postseason, and he was struggling for most of the year due to his body breaking down. Raw boxscores won't show it, but he basically thrived off LeBron's greatness this season for easier opportunities. His stats are as solid as they were a few seasons back, but he's not playing anywhere near the same level. He's clearly not capable of playing at the top 5 level he was in previous years. He's not the same disruptive force on the defensive end night and night out like he used to be, can't penetrate at will whenever he wants (settles FAR more often nowadays), and he's obviously not as athletic as he was even two seasons back. He's not going to get any better at this point in his career, it's all downhill the rest of the way.

It isn't something a simple knee procedure can fix either ala Kobe. Kobe had a complete offensive game extending from the post all the way to beyond the arc, a threat anywhere on the court at any time. Wade has been the same exact player for much of his career, slightly improved his shooting, and with diminishing athleticism his lack of a fundamental offensive game is going to hurt him later in his career. LeBron has his strength, size and quickness on the low block to aid him once his athleticism and speed start to diminish, but Wade doesn't have that luxury. He's an undersized slasher with a streaky perimeter game and elite quickness whose play is going to take a nosedive a few seasons from now. I'd be shocked if it doesn't.

You'll see flashes every now and then of him at his best, but he's not the same player he was in his prime. Only going to get worse, not worth having an undersized SG who can no longer penetrate and isn't a threat to score consistently from 16+ feet out.

#53 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,084 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:36 AM

You keep making the"what he used to be" argument.

First- I am not looking at Wade as a Max player

Somewhere around 6/7 million.

Last night wasn't just a "good" game. He still has speed, athletic ability, defensive instincts, big BALLS, and can still be the best player on the floor, amongst the best in the game.

#54 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,086 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:05 AM

I mean for fantasy sake sure why not Wade at 6mil but in reality that isnt going to happen.  I dont see in any scenario why D Wade would come to LA in 2014.  Bosh possibly but Wade just dont understand why he would do it. 

You keep making the"what he used to be" argument.

First- I am not looking at Wade as a Max player

Somewhere around 6/7 million.

Last night wasn't just a "good" game. He still has speed, athletic ability, defensive instincts, big BALLS, and can still be the best player on the floor, amongst the best in the game.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#55 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,084 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:28 PM

Bosh at 14 million - 16 might be the route to go

#56 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,174 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:31 PM

That's way to high

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#57 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,086 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:32 PM

How so? Bosh can still give a team 20/9 and great defense.  Look at his numbers when Wade is out.

That's way to high

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#58 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 5,602 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Heck no. We'll most likely be getting Love soon who's a far better PF. I'd rather have a rim protector at C.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,495 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:46 PM

Once again... Bosh  

:bounce:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#60 Ham