No replies to this topic

#1 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:12 PM

163480236-002.jpg

Since accepting an offer on Monday to join Nebraska coach Tim Miles' staff, longtime Georgetown assistant Kenya Hunter has heard the same question over and over again.

Why would the longest-tenured assistant at a tradition-rich program leave for a school that has never won an NCAA tournament game?

Hunter admits going from Georgetown to Nebraska is unusual, but he sees it as a risk he has to take to help advance his career. If Hunter can help reverse the fortunes of the long-struggling Huskers program, he believes it will make him more marketable as a head coaching candidate in a few years.

"I'm really excited about the chance to go to a new program and help it rebuild," Hunter said Tuesday. "I'd been at Georgetown for six years going on seven. I thought it would be a good time to make a change and learn a different way. Obviously Nebraska is known for football, but with Coach Miles coming in last year and winning games, the excitement for basketball is growing. I wanted to be part of that."

Read more: http://sports.yahoo....-190650374.html

Georgetown is one of the elite basketball schools. I've been reading more into it, it seems he is Georgetown's best recruiter. He's been there since 2009. He was also an assistant at NC State for 2000-2004 when NCSU made some deep runs in the tournament.

He's already talking to some of the best 2014 recruits. Hope he gets a few to commit to NU :rock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users