• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,325 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 10, 2013 - 06:39 AM

The Charlotte Bobcats are looking to make a splash this summer and are open to trading their first-round pick in a package for an All-Star-caliber player. There are rumors the Heat will be looking to deal Chris Bosh, and the Bobcats, who are under the salary cap and could accept Bosh's near-maximum deal, could be a prime candidate.

Let's say this rumor is true, but we come in and give up Pau for the 4th pick. You think the Lakers would do it? 

I doubt you would get a player of Pau's value back even at that high in the draft, but you would get younger player. Also this draft is considered really weak.

Edited by Chad, June 10, 2013 - 06:43 AM.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 10, 2013 - 06:46 AM

I can't imagine Pau Gasol having that kind of value. He's old, slow, plays no defense, and settles for long jumpers. So us getting the 4th Pick in the draft would be highway robbery.

Edited by Windu, June 10, 2013 - 06:46 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,751 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 10, 2013 - 06:56 AM

Of course they would do it but no way the Bobcats are that poorly managed. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 10, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Let's say this rumor is true, but we come in and give up Pau for the 4th pick. You think the Lakers would do it? 

I doubt you would get a player of Pau's value back even at that high in the draft, but you would get younger player. Also this draft is considered really weak.

I really doubt that the Bobcats will be willing to trade for Pau, since he's on his final year of his deal and probably will walk next summer. However, the part about Miami is interesting. Obviously they're going to try to get something for Bosh, who is overpaid and underperforms in his current role, so i could see Miami dealing Bosh to Charlotte for a pick and a player. Regardless of where Bosh ends up, he can choose to become a FA, but probably wont since he wont make as much anywhere else. 

Another option is Pau for Bosh, which i think both Miami and LA would consider. Miami need a REAL big-man and Pau is a better fit than Bosh. Bosh on the other hand is a better fit in LA next to Howard - if he re-signs. Unfortunately, it would effectively take LA out of the Free Agency class of 2014. 

#5 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,751 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 07:37 AM

Miami needs a physical big man that can score.  Pau does not fit anything that they are trying to do.  They can get a better value for Bosh elsewhere.  I love what Pau has done for the Lakers but lets stop thinking he's going to bring in anything great back in value.  They may luck up and trade him for a reach deal.  Me personally I'd like to see Bargnani and Ross for Pau.  Not a fan of Bargnani but he is talented and maybe a change of scenery next to Dwight will allow him to flourish.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 10, 2013 - 07:59 AM

Says alot about the current stages of both Bosh and Pau that they are on trade block rumors over a 4th draft pick in a predominantly average draft and still people say it would be a bad move on the part of the Bobcats.

#7 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 10, 2013 - 08:11 AM

We would be lucky to get that for Pau.

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,751 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Everyone says "oh the draft is avg" until a gym pops up.  They have said this the past 2-3 years.  Look how Lillard, Klay Thompson and Iman Shumpert and Kahwi Leonard turned out.  Countless other guys producing.

Says alot about the current stages of both Bosh and Pau that they are on trade block rumors over a 4th draft pick in a predominantly average draft and still people say it would be a bad move on the part of the Bobcats.

#9 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 10, 2013 - 10:36 AM

we couldnt get that deal b4 all of Paus large list of injuries over the past 2 seasons. why would he get it now coming off more surgeries?

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users