#61 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,152 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:57 AM

is Kidd half black I can never tell 

I think he is part of the albino african american club along side  Daren Williams, Mike Bibby, Delante West, Douge Christie, Stephon Curry, Clay Thompson and Blake Griffen. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#62 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,134 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think he is part of the albino african american club along side  Daren Williams, Mike Bibby, Delante West, Douge Christie, Stephon Curry, Clay Thompson and Blake Griffen. 

lol if you gonna list their names atleast spell them right lol 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#63 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,446 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Why so many of you saying Kidd coaching won't work? Why not? Why does he need to be an assistant before he becomes HC? Why should he learn the ways of dinosaurs like Sloan and MDT who have never won a damn thing? So he can learn wtf not to do but in process become conditioned to doing the wrong thing regardless? What will you say when it works? You'll say we should have hired Kidd. And then everyone will start debating what player to hire as the Lakers HC. I think Kidd is gonna be fine and change the way many people think about players making a coaching move. Franchises should be hunting for new young blood. Not old and defeated coaches who's game plans have only proven not effective in winning chips.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 13, 2013 - 01:41 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#64 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 13, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Missing the point entirely LakersGAFan.

True Lakers Fan, I don't pay attention to the the ratio of one skin color to another - it never occurs to me and I really don't care about someone's appearance, I care about their skills and smarts.

Also, I'm not assuming anything, I'm going from prior experience watching basketball and their coaches for the past three decades.  Precedence and the way the game works matters.

#65 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,446 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:53 PM

The coaches of the last 30 years are dead or retired. No top college coach wants to be in the NBA. Players becoming coaches seems like a new progressive reality. Who would you rather have Dantoni or Kidd? I'll take uncharted waters with potential over a decade of failure.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#66 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 13, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Who would you rather have Dantoni or Kidd?

I'd like to see you coaching instead of MDA...no offense.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#67 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,446 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'd like to see you coaching instead of MDA...no offense.

:laughing: non taken and ditto.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#68 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,879 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 14, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Yep, you would do a better job than D'antoni. It's a shame that the Lakers aren't smart enough to hire you or better yet Derek Fisher. We would go to the Finals for sure.

Jim Buss is going to regret not signing you.

#69 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,152 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 14, 2013 - 12:08 PM

Yep, you would do a better job than D'antoni. It's a shame that the Lakers aren't smart enough to hire you or better yet Derek Fisher. We would go to the Finals for sure.

Jim Buss is going to regret not signing you.

Reason he said that is he wants people to know that D Antoni is the worst coach in the NBA and even a regular joe can do a better job. It shows how bad MDA is.  Only you are the one in this entire forum think MDA is a good coach and only you willing to argue for him. I sit back and watch every post you have about MDA and it wouldn't be surprising if we found out that you are related to the guy.  I respect your defensive post for MDA but if everybody is against MDA, does that mean everybody is wrong except for you?  I'll take the 99 percent of the people in here who think MDA sucks as a coach.  I cannot understand how a person who have a screen name with  basketball and IQ in it have such lack of IQ for basketball and not able to see MDA suck and players cannot excel under him.

Edited by epicwolf, June 14, 2013 - 12:11 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#70 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Reason he said that is he wants people to know that D Antoni is the worst coach in the NBA and even a regular joe can do a better job. It shows how bad MDA is.  Only you are the one in this entire forum think MDA is a good coach and only you willing to argue for him. I sit back and watch every post you have about MDA and it wouldn't be surprising if we found out that you are related to the guy.  I respect your defensive post for MDA but if everybody is against MDA, does that mean everybody is wrong except for you?  I'll take the 99 percent of the people in here who think MDA sucks as a coach.  I cannot understand how a person who have a screen name with  basketball and IQ in it have such lack of IQ for basketball and not able to see MDA suck and players cannot excel under him.

A regular joe would likely quit coach in  the NBA before they got to 10 wins.

Coaching in the NBA isn't that easy nor simple and most people would crack by the third week.

Even professional scrubs in the NBA would beat the average joe 30 to 1 in a game of basketball. 

D'antoni is not a good "coach" and often is inept to what he has if he has to adjust his system. D'antoni is inept.   But an average joe off the street wouldn't do better just because they talk it.   They'd have to manage player egos and implement it to success along with scouting other teams and making adjustments.

I'm willing to bet D'antoni is better than a good 70% of the people not coaching in the NBA right now regardless of what Phoenix Suns team he had, I'm willing to bet 95% of the people that talk trash on D'antoni wouldn't be able to help coach a team to 50 wins let alone 10 even with the players they have.

D'antoni isn't the best coach for the Lakers, but the "average joe" wouldn't fair any better and would probably fair worse and be pulling his hair out at the stress of the NBA schedule and coaching preperations game to game before the first 2 weeks and would crack.  

It would take a lot more than going into practice one day, saying "run the triangle" and doing it.

Look at Mike Brown, he had the system the Lakers should be using but he had trouble implementing it and worked his butt off trying to find the right way to do so and had to bring in Bickerstaff to try to learn to manage player egos among other things.   A lot of people that bash probably couldn't deal with the stress or the hours he implemented in over those week stretches before cracking under the pressure and "re-signing".

No average joe could coach in the NBA, there's a reason they get paid millions to do what they do.  

Even the worst coach in the NBA could outcoach 90% of the mudslingers on the forums.

There's people on this forum that could outcoach D'antoni though.  But the knowledge of people here, from West Coast to Real Deal to fido is different from the average joe that thinks if we let Dwight walk we could use that money to sign Chris Paul :smh:

Edited by Majesty, June 14, 2013 - 10:01 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#71 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,879 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 10:27 PM

D'Antoni has a 2-0 record against Phil in the playoffs.

Against the Greatest Ever, when he  had Kobe Bryant.

He is not a great coach by any means, neither was Mike Brown. But Mike Brown seemed, at the time, like a coach who had accomplished a lot of good things defensively in this league, including his work for the Spurs.

D'Antoni was pretty good in the Desert. New York is a different story. I thought he was dealt a bad hand when the Melo trade messed up a pretty good season, he and Amare was having. Then the injuries never stopped, and worst yet, they followed him here.

I don't LOVE or even like D'Antoni. But I am not a prisoner of the moment. This is STILL the guy who was viewed by some of the greatest basketball minds of the moern era, as a offensive whiz in this game. 

i thik as a man, he deserves a training camp. 

Why is that a person of low IQ, or a person of low rational?

If the Spurs were an LA team, would ANY of the big 3 remain after about 6 years of disappointment in the playoffs from the Spurs?

We traded Pau after his first mishap. We got rid of Odom and Bynum and Fisher, and got Nash and Dwight and Hill,Jamison.

We made the moves but it's still as if the basketball gods have sent the message that this was not going to be our year.

Next year we're the underdog, with a Heat team that is getting worn out from wearing the crown for the past 3 seasons. I can see us winning it all next season, against the odds. With  Dwight of course

#72 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,183 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 14, 2013 - 10:40 PM

The way I see it is this way, if D'antoni doesn't make adjustments he'll be fired within the first week of the season if he's not "flexible" as Mitch has said.  If we're struggling and not winning after D'antoni has had a full off-season to come up with something then he'll be gone rather fast. 

But it's not in the season I worry about D'antoni it's the playoffs.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#73 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,879 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don't worry about MDA in the playoffs. He isn't the reason Stern suspended Amare or Nash busted his nose.

Did Phil get out coached in 2008? No!
Celtics were better. Pistons were too.

We beat Doc Rivers two years later with BETTER PLAYERS.

#74 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 16, 2013 - 05:00 AM

I wonder what system he's going to implement  :eh:

33bkfif.jpg

#75 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,472 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:48 AM

I don't worry about MDA in the playoffs. He isn't the reason Stern suspended Amare or Nash busted his nose.

Did Phil get out coached in 2008? No!
Celtics were better. Pistons were too.

We beat Doc Rivers two years later with BETTER PLAYERS.

but Phil is 100x the coach MDA is........

#76 JaLakers24

JaLakers24

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Name:Ja
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted June 16, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Well this news came out of left field for me. He retires one day and the next day he is hired as a coach.

Well, I wonder how he will do without preparation. Although he has been a player for so many seasons, I think it would have been easier for him to transition to coaching as an assistant first.

#77 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:09 AM

Wait, did someone really bring up D'Antoni's record versus Phil Jackson in the playoffs?

Oh dear...

#78 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,879 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 07:54 PM

The point of that was a coach like D'Antoni can avoid get outcoached by the best coach ever, if he has the BETTER players!!!

I don't even like D'Antoni. But misinformation is worse than MDA in my opinion, so I keep it 100.

#79 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,770 posts

Posted June 28, 2014 - 05:16 PM

After denying Jason Kidd's demand to oversee basketball operations, Nets have given Bucks permission to speak to him: http://nyp.st/1wXnIwr 

Can confirm @TimBontemps report: After making a failed power play to run basketball ops, Nets letting Jason Kidd interview with the Bucks.

Jason Kidd demands to run basketball operations w/ Nets, denied. Kidd will speak to the Bucks about their coaching job. (via @TimBontemps)

Only 1 season, that was pretty fast.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, June 28, 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#80 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,770 posts

Posted June 28, 2014 - 06:10 PM

Bucks coach Larry Drew & front office was unaware Jason Kidd was about to interview for their jobs, sources told ESPN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users