Photo

Paul George Hoping For Max Contract

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,643 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 08, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Paul+George+Indiana+Pacers+v+Miami+Heat+

Paul George will become eligible for a contract extension this offseason and would become a restricted free agent in the 2014 offseason if a deal with the Indiana Pacers is reached.

“I would hope," George said when asked about getting a maximum contract. “I would hope. Max guys get the job done at this time (the playoffs).’’

George said he is clearly focusing on the playoffs at this point.

“I haven’t really put my mind to that right now,’’ said George. “I really want to focus on what’s at the plate now."

http://www.foxsports...045&feedID=3720

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,243 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 08, 2013 - 12:44 PM

If the pacers were smart they would extend him ASAP to max. Though I have a feeling they will want to ride his cheap contract for one more season and then they will [expletive] everything up with him when he's a restricted FA. 

#3 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,792 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 08, 2013 - 12:50 PM

I love the fact that he didn't mention hoping it was the pacers giving him that max... Haha

2div

#4 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 08, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Paul George much like Hibbert still actually need to develop more, Hibbert with his consistetncy and Paul George needs to be more assertive if he wants to lead this team and bail them out of their dry spells. Danny Granger probably when healthy has a more polished skillset, but I am almost positive we won't see anything resembling that 25 ppg from years ago.

Plus George's defense and more all around game are great, in some ways he might not be worth a max contract but in realitty the Pacers can definitely afford it, Vogel just has to be the coach and learn how to make this work.

But ultimately this team severely needs a true PG.

• 40,450 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 01:00 PM

PG needs to grow mentally tougher most definitely. Saw too much almost quit and giving up attitude/body language in him. The truly great ones never do that. They push through and keep shooting, keep being aggressive. It's a mindset and he's shown glimpses, but he needs to put it all together and become consistent with it.

He needs to realize and accept that when you're the guy, you can't have those lapses. The team depends way too much on you.

Also, he has to improve his overall FG% and become more consistent with that as well. Try to work it up to at least 45.

yo.

#6 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 08, 2013 - 07:18 PM

In his dreams

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#7 RobBlake

RobBlake