#1 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,078 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 07, 2013 - 05:08 PM

i'll post this one as it just happened on a friends status 

Lebron may not have the heart, or the wisdom... but his skill and athleticism FAR surpasses Kobe and MJ. That much has been settled, if you don't like it go look at the stat-sheets.

how does one reply to such things? lol

ap1.png

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 07, 2013 - 05:28 PM

i'll post this one as it just happened on a friends status 

how does one reply to such things? lol

My suggestion.... surround yourself with better friends.

#3 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 07, 2013 - 05:44 PM

Post Wilt's stats...

#4 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,665 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:25 PM

So what if LeBron flops? You gotta do what you gotta do to win!

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:30 PM

Cant knock any sense into lebron nut huggers. My brother has been one for the last few years and the stuff I hear from him is crazy. He has been saying LBJ is better than jordan for the last 3 years or so. Lebron fans normally arent the people that understand the game of basketball and dont have any knowledge of the past greats, they see a 6'8 guy throw down a strong dog and say OMG best player ever. Just have to brush it off and say watch the finals... They wont have anything to say when the spurs bring it to the heat this series.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:52 PM

For people who say they dislike the guy, so many of you talk about LeBron almost exclusively.

Gotta be something else about basketball to talk about rather than give so much attention to a player or players you supposedly dislike.

#7 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,905 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Come on!!! Everyone flops!!!

#8 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,078 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 07:28 PM

For people who say they dislike the guy, so many of you talk about LeBron almost exclusively.

Gotta be something else about basketball to talk about rather than give so much attention to a player or players you supposedly dislike.

lol theres not a more interesting story in todays nba than lebron right now. 

Edited by RobBlake, June 07, 2013 - 07:29 PM.

ap1.png

#9 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 07, 2013 - 07:56 PM

lol theres not a more interesting story in todays nba than lebron right now. 

Which is kinda sad about the sport in some ways.

#10 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,078 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Which is kinda sad about the sport in some ways.

i was gonna elaborate on that.. but i didn't figure i needed too... my thought exactly

ap1.png

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 07, 2013 - 08:18 PM

The argument you posted (OP) is valid if we're talking just athleticism, I believe.  Jordan was an athletic freak, but I think James has him there.  Kobe's athleticism was notable as well, at one point, but never on LeBron's level.

But skill-wise, there's no argument...both Kobe and Jordan are/were more skilled than LeBron.

The problem people get caught up in is that LeBron puts up big numbers in other categories, such as rebounding and assists, which makes him seem like he's on top of the food chain in NBA history.  It doesn't mean he has a better overall game than those two, though, because LeBron still has openings in his game where he can improve...not number-wise, but skills.

For example, he can give you 30, but he's not a complete scorer.  If he doesn't get the lane, he won't put up 30 PPG averages.  Kobe, Jordan, even Durant?  Different story.  Those three can average 30 on jumpers, and get fouled consistently without going to the rim...at least Kobe and MJ (Durant has yet to develop a post game).

Also, defensively, LeBron isn't an elite on-ball defender.  Help defense?  There's no question he's incredible.

---------

The craziest thing I've heard is that LeBron is better than Jordan and Kobe because he took his team to the Finals without any help.  Wold those same people rank Allen Iverson over Kobe and Jordan?  Iverson actually won a Finals game "all by himself" back in 2001, while LeBron was swept...so are we supposed to argue that Iverson is a top five player of all time?

In the same boat, people put down LeBron for having one ring.  Karl Malone is the greatest PF of all time (sorry, Duncan has actually played center most of his career), and he has zero rings to his name.  Charles Barkley is a top three PF of all time, zero rings.  Malone and Barkley have zero rings because of Michael, Magic, Bird and Hakeem...the same way LeBron failed to get his for so long because of Kobe, Duncan, and zone defense.

While I just can't stand him, wishing he lost every game for the rest of his career, LeBron will go down as a top 10 player of all time...unfortunately.  The only way I'll be happy with that is if he goes back to Cleveland, to win them a championship, and to basically patch up The Decision and all of the attention-whoring and dancing he was doing the last couple of seasons with the Cavs and his first season in Miami.

#12 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,078 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 08:56 PM

The argument you posted (OP) is valid if we're talking just athleticism, I believe.  Jordan was an athletic freak, but I think James has him there.  Kobe's athleticism was notable as well, at one point, but never on LeBron's level.

But skill-wise, there's no argument...both Kobe and Jordan are/were more skilled than LeBron.

The problem people get caught up in is that LeBron puts up big numbers in other categories, such as rebounding and assists, which makes him seem like he's on top of the food chain in NBA history.  It doesn't mean he has a better overall game than those two, though, because LeBron still has openings in his game where he can improve...not number-wise, but skills.

For example, he can give you 30, but he's not a complete scorer.  If he doesn't get the lane, he won't put up 30 PPG averages.  Kobe, Jordan, even Durant?  Different story.  Those three can average 30 on jumpers, and get fouled consistently without going to the rim...at least Kobe and MJ (Durant has yet to develop a post game).

Also, defensively, LeBron isn't an elite on-ball defender.  Help defense?  There's no question he's incredible.

---------

The craziest thing I've heard is that LeBron is better than Jordan and Kobe because he took his team to the Finals without any help.  Wold those same people rank Allen Iverson over Kobe and Jordan?  Iverson actually won a Finals game "all by himself" back in 2001, while LeBron was swept...so are we supposed to argue that Iverson is a top five player of all time?

In the same boat, people put down LeBron for having one ring.  Karl Malone is the greatest PF of all time (sorry, Duncan has actually played center most of his career), and he has zero rings to his name.  Charles Barkley is a top three PF of all time, zero rings.  Malone and Barkley have zero rings because of Michael, Magic, Bird and Hakeem...the same way LeBron failed to get his for so long because of Kobe, Duncan, and zone defense.

While I just can't stand him, wishing he lost every game for the rest of his career, LeBron will go down as a top 10 player of all time...unfortunately.  The only way I'll be happy with that is if he goes back to Cleveland, to win them a championship, and to basically patch up The Decision and all of the attention-whoring and dancing he was doing the last couple of seasons with the Cavs and his first season in Miami.

i totally agree.  I knew lebron was just a beast athletically but skill wise? no way

ap1.png

#13 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 580 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 08, 2013 - 02:57 AM

Post Wilt's stats...

Post oscar robinsons stats 

he actually averaged a triple double for a season

#14 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 08, 2013 - 09:51 AM

Post oscar robinsons stats 

he actually averaged a triple double for a season

No one ever talks about Big O what he did was just crazy. Sure he did it in a different era and made himself look like a man against mere boys. No one will ever put up numbers like Big O did, ever.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 08, 2013 - 09:51 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 08, 2013 - 11:41 AM

LeBron choked in the Finals because his dad wasnt around.

Remember that.

LeBron actually elevated teammates! I can't name a player he pushed to be better

#16 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,737 posts

Posted June 08, 2013 - 11:49 AM

It all depends when LeBron retires or seem to be on the decline .. its a better evaluation not only to him but to any player..

I'm one of many, that say LeBron will decline as soon as he loses his athleticism, his post game is not premium, unless he works on it , i dont see him being evaluated couple more years from now as what some claim he is now..

LeBron picks his shots and passes the ball more than shooting it, it makes you curious what if his teammates cant get it going, then what ? I have respect to his game though, he's still unstoppable.

Edited by fozi, June 08, 2013 - 11:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users