Photo

Who are you more comfortable with winning this year?

Lebron duncan

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are you more comfortable with winning this year? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Who are you more comfortable with winning this year ?

1. Lebron's second in a row (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. Duncan's 5th (30 votes [93.75%])

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 07, 2013 - 01:17 AM

Lebron winning his second in a row and 2 of the last 3 finals will solidify his case, while Duncan winning his 5th will resurrect the "player of the last 15 years" debate about him and Kobe.

What do you think ?

Edited by Saber, June 07, 2013 - 01:17 AM.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#2 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 01:23 AM

SPURS. No questions asked.

Posted Image

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted June 07, 2013 - 01:35 AM

[expletive] LeBron. 

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 07, 2013 - 01:50 AM

I could care less if Duncun got 5. Kobe and duncun are completely different players. If people think that this makes duncun better they are crazy. Duncun has barely been a major factor the last 4 years. Parker is their star player. 

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 07, 2013 - 03:33 AM

I have always respected Duncan and he has THEE BEST PG in the game on his team. So Spurs in 6.

#6 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 03:37 AM

I could care less if Duncun got 5. Kobe and duncun are completely different players. If people think that this makes duncun better they are crazy. Duncun has barely been a major factor the last 4 years. Parker is their star player. 

I completely agree, but if Duncan wins his 5th he'll have more MVPs and more Finals MVPs than Kobe, which will give the Laker haters renewed strenght .. 

Edited by Saber, June 07, 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Message From Pac

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted June 07, 2013 - 03:53 AM

also, as a Lakers fan....ya gotta pull for the Western Conference.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,088 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 07, 2013 - 04:43 AM

Lebron

Duncan's a Spur

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 07, 2013 - 04:44 AM

I could care less if Duncun got 5. Kobe and duncun are completely different players. If people think that this makes duncun better they are crazy. Duncun has barely been a major factor the last 4 years. Parker is their star player.
I completely agree, but if Duncan wins his 5th he'll have more chips, more MVPs and more Finals MVPs than Kobe, which will give the Laker haters renewed strenght ..

No he'll have same amount of chips.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:18 AM

Agree exactly with you. Everyone saying that laker haters will just have something more to say, what the hell does that matter? Their gonna hate regardless of who wins as long as it isnt us. Being laker fans people should be used to the haters just say 5 chips for the last decade basically and just say 16 they will know what you mean.

I dont have a problem with Duncan getting his 5th, he is a great player and the best pf of all time so I give respect where respect is warranted. People saying duncan better than kobe or this or that Duncan has two HOF on his team beside him during those chips, the spurs werent a duncan driven team, they were a great team. Always played solid basketball with their great coach they won a bunch of rings.

Lebron on the other hand is being compared to MJ and he is 1-2 in the finals and those two loses he play like absolute garbage in those series. The praise he gets isnt deserved when compared to what duncan has accomplished.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:44 AM

I agree that the two finals losses will look bad on him, but I'm sure ESPN will flip it to compare with Jordan even more. "Michael had his Detroit demons early in his career" "LeBron had his Spurs demons early in his career"

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,131 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:49 AM

Only Kobe haters and idiots will say that Duncan is a better player than Kobe.  And to compare them is a slap in the face for Kobe.  Duncan is a hall of famer and could be the best power forward (he is not a center!!) in the NBA but Kobe is such a unique player with a lot more skills that to even say Duncan is better than Kobe just because of championships shows how retarded people can be. 

Edited by epicwolf, June 07, 2013 - 08:04 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 07, 2013 - 07:03 AM

I agree that the two finals losses will look bad on him, but I'm sure ESPN will flip it to compare with Jordan even more. "Michael had his Detroit demons early in his career" "LeBron had his Spurs demons early in his career"

They can say that but how can they explain the Mav series? Bron was god awful in that series. Worst final performance ever for a superstar mvp. I dont see how you can compare a guy to MJ when all he did was win and show up big in the finals to LBJ who has had two terrible final performances. Even if the first spur series gets wiped away, he was terrible against the Mavs, I have no idea how that series gets brushed under the rug. The media went so light on him that year it was crazy.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#14 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 467 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted June 07, 2013 - 07:53 AM

but with 1 more FMVPs.

So im going to say Heat.

#15 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 07, 2013 - 08:12 AM

to those who pick the Heat over the Spurs are idiotic.

First, you hated LeBron and Miami all year long, and now just because you don't want to see Duncan get his 5th ring like Kobe, uhh okay

Second, who wouldn't want to see a top class franchise from top to bottom win?

STOP wearing the Kobe glasses all the damn time, it's annoying

I saw one poster (not gonna named names) that he don't want the Spurs to "tie" us in rings with 5??? Ummm last time I checked the LAKERS had 16 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 09:15 AM

First, you hated LeBron and Miami all year long, and now just because you don't want to see Duncan get his 5th ring like Kobe, uhh okay

I saw one poster (not gonna named names) that he don't want the Spurs to "tie" us in rings with 5??? Ummm last time I checked the LAKERS had 16 

LN needs a sprinkler system....cuzz that post was FIRE^

#17 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 07, 2013 - 09:18 AM

I take offense to that. I hate the Heat and LeBron with a passion but I would prefer they win this series mainly because I think that would be the most beneficial scenario for the LAKERS chances next season. I don't want Duncan to win his 5th either I'm not going to deny that and I'd be stupid to do so, but the main reason is what I stated just prior to that. 

Think about it for a minute: If the Spurs show the world who they are by stunning the Heat in the finals this season, do you really think Miami is not going to remember that bitter taste and be extremely focused to get back to the finals next season and win the title? People say this logic is dumb. How is it dumb? Sure, anything could happen next season- LeBron/Wade/Bosh could get injured and be out of the playoffs next season, making my point moot. We may end up sucking like we did this season making my point moot. But the difference is you DON'T know that any of those things will happen. What you DO know is that if the Heat lose this year they will be out for blood next season and a team like the Pacers who almost knocked them off this season would be much less likely to defeat them next season. You can't simply look at the game of basketball from a matchup viewpoint and whoever has the superior talent and executes better will always win games. A team's mentality, focus and drive to win is just as crucial as talent and execution. Your witnessing it right now with the Spurs. 

I also look it like this-as much as I despise LeBron he is the best player in the world and is in his prime, meaning he will likely win at least one more ring-whether that happens this season or in the future. The spurs, on the other hand, are on their last gasp to try and win a title. Seriously do the math- Duncan and Parker, both older players, playing out of their minds, Pop's what looks to be so far an excellent call of getting rid of Stephen Jackson before the postseason to avoid hindering the team's superb chemistry for a title run AND letting their top assistant go coach the Hawks. Oh, and by the way, their other top assistant, Don Newman, left for the Wizards this past season. To me, that spells that Pop, who has had these assistants with him forever, is ready to hang it up and Duncan is too. I wouldn't mind one bit seeing our top competitor in the West all these years have the two faces of their franchise welcomed into retirement and out of the Lakers way in making it to the finals for the foreseeable future by getting ousted by the heat in the finals. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 07, 2013 - 09:33 AM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#18 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Yeah what was I thinking .. I meant more MVPs and Finals MVPs

Message From Pac

#19 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,427 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 07, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Couldn't care less either way.

If its not the Lakers, I really don't give a [expletive].
iyjywo.jpg

#20 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,131 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 07, 2013 - 10:05 AM

Couldn't care less either way.

If its not the Lakers, I really don't give a [expletive].

I have the same mentality here.  To me Lakers or couldn't care less.  Though I am rooting for the spurs because I think Lebron is more a threat to Kobe's legacy than Tim Duncan is even if eveybody likes Tim more then Kobe.  No way in their right mind will they say Tim is better than Kobe even if Tim win more than Kobe in terms of chip. 

It seems to me that there are quite a few Lebron James fan who are posing as Lakers fans on this board in my eyes.  If Lebron is a Lakers (and I seriously believe he will never be a Laker) then I will root for him.  But it seems like a lot of fans on here are more player fans than team.   To me, player come and goes but team is forever. 

Lakers > any player in the history of the NBA. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lebron, duncan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users