Photo

David Stern Hopes To Expand Flopping Rules; Says Flopping Fines Not Enough

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• 40,450 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:02 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...-flopping-rules

MIAMI -- With players, coaches and fans continuing to complain about the widespread practice of flopping, NBA commissioner David Stern said the league needs to expand its anti-flopping rules.

"It isn't enough, it isn't enough," Stern said in his annual pre-NBA Finals news conference. "You're not going to cause somebody to stop it for $5,000 when the average player's salary is $5.5 million. And anyone who thought that was going to happen was allowing hope to prevail over reason."

"We could end it immediately if we decided to suspend players," Stern said. "But that might be a little Draconian at the moment."

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

No guarantees, but at least there's some semblance of hope. We can only all hope something actually worthwhile takes place for a longly desperately needed change.

Edited by    , June 06, 2013 - 10:32 PM.

yo.

#2 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:32 PM

You should receive a technical (which can also be given after the game upon review) and a more severe fine.

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,951 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:40 PM

I'm glad he is listening to the fans. Stern can have a +1 from my rep

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,450 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:52 PM

^ Yes. Love him, like him, or hate him, this is at the least an encouraging sign that all NBA fans should be excited and optimistic about. Now, like I said, I personally wouldn't hold my breath on it. There are no guarantees I'd say, but again, at least there seems to be some semblance of hope with this news of thoughts pointed in the right direction.

yo.

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,243 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 06, 2013 - 11:08 PM

This i what stern does. He says all this bull[expletive] then never acts upon it or they say they made the rules tougher. It doesnt matter how good the rules are if they arent enforced. 

• 40,450 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 11:10 PM

^ Yes, which is why I too will not believe it until I see it, although I still hold some hope (knowing it might be for nothing).

saltgrains.jpg

yo.

#7 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted June 07, 2013 - 09:54 AM

While NBA commissioner David Stern says the league needs to expand its anti-flopping rules, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is funding a study on the practice.

One of Cuban's company has provided $100,000 to Southern Methodist University for an 18-month investigation of the forces involved in basketball collisions and try to figure out if video or other motion capture techniques can identify legitimate collisions and instances of flopping.

http://espn.go.com/d...-flopping-study

Edited by Gotrings?, June 07, 2013 - 09:55 AM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#8 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,228 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 07, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Why do they need to spend money funding for research about flobbing when they can just give Vlade Divac a call?  I dont get it.   Or they can just go watch soccer matches.  SOmetimes people make it more complicated than it really is.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users