#1 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:09 AM

https://twitter.com/...659335119331328

Karl will not be brought back for the final year of his contract, source tells Y! Sports. He was informed this morning.

Posted Image

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,359 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:18 AM

such a great coach, wish him all of the best 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,333 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:20 AM

Come join your buddy Masai Ujiri in Toronto :)

#4 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,050 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Karl, Hollins, both Gundy's,McMillan, Sloan, and of course Jackson (if he really wanted to) and of course Shaw is out there as well.

I never understood why a new GM or Ops Manager meant replacing a current coach regardless of their success. Is it necessary to completetly get rid of everything from the old regime, it is so inconsiderate and frankly just kinda arrogant.

Edited by Ven21, June 06, 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,252 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Karl was given a mediocre lineup with no real stars and coached them up to a third seed in a highly competitive conference. I don't understand the logic of letting him go.

#6 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,359 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:53 AM

Karl was given a mediocre lineup with no real stars and coached them up to a third seed in a highly competitive conference. I don't understand the logic of letting him go.

he was bounced  out of the  1st round like 6 out of the last 7 seasons 

#7 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:00 AM

they didn't have a choice, he won coach of the year..the unwritten rules of the league are you must get rid of your coach soon after

bw1wOGf.png

#8 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,367 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:07 AM

He will be the next Lakers coach in 2014 to 2015 season.  Book it!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#9 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Don't think this is a smart move by the Nuggets. His team had no superstar caliber talent and still played well. 

#10 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:09 AM

He will be the next Lakers coach in 2014 to 2015 season.  Book it!

I hope not. George Karl is overrated as a head coach. He's fine for teams that are trying to stay afloat and make the postseason, but we want to win. He isn't a guy that can get that done.

He's been coaching in the league like 20+ years and only ever made it to the Finals once. His teams have choked numerous times in the postseason with high seeding, he has a tendency to really over exaggerate his frustration after losses (whenever we'd beat the Nuggets in the playoffs, he would look extremely depressed in post-game interviews) and bring down team morale, and he's pretty bad at making adjustments over the course of a playoff series.

Do not want.

#11 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Karl is good at getting a team to play hard every night, preventing let-downs that hurt seeding.  Most NBA teams don't play hard every night, and give a fair number of games away.  Kar's teams don't typically do that, so the win total is usually about 8 to 10 wins better than you would see under most other coaches.

But, the talent deficiencies are harder to make up for in the post-season AND it's harder for him to get his teams to elevate their play in the post-season.  Accordingly, his team's don't live up to expectations.

Gallinari's torn ACL didn't help either. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#12 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:31 AM

Can he manage egos and help build chemistry

#13 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,359 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:34 AM

I hope not. George Karl is overrated as a head coach. He's fine for teams that are trying to stay afloat and make the postseason, but we want to win. He isn't a guy that can get that done.

He's been coaching in the league like 20+ years and only ever made it to the Finals once. His teams have choked numerous times in the postseason with high seeding, he has a tendency to really over exaggerate his frustration after losses (whenever we'd beat the Nuggets in the playoffs, he would look extremely depressed in post-game interviews) and bring down team morale, and he's pretty bad at making adjustments over the course of a playoff series.

Do not want.

He's better than D'Antoni tho 

#14 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,367 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Do not want.

I agree but he is 10 times better than MDA.   And if you expecting the Lakers to have Phil Jackson or any of his coaching trees coach the lakers in 2014, keep dreaming. I cannot see Jim Buss do such a thing even if Phil plays golf with him and finally put their difference aa side.  Jim just want a new slate. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#15 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yes, better than MDA, but we don't want to simply be a middle of the road team. You don't just settle for Karl because he's better than D'Antoni (not saying much). That's pretty much the same mistake we did when we fired Brown.

#16 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,252 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:52 AM

Karl will end up coaching the clippers.

#17 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,367 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yes, better than MDA, but we don't want to simply be a middle of the road team. You don't just settle for Karl because he's better than D'Antoni (not saying much). That's pretty much the same mistake we did when we fired Brown.

Than if its not him who besides Phil Jackson?   One of his assistant coaches like Brian Shaw who probably get the Nets job.  And what makes Brian SHaw so good? We dont even know how good he is yet.  Not many good coaches out there right now to pick.  Jerry Sloan will never coach for the Lakers. He is a Jazz for life and he rather retired.  The next good coach is the Jim Carey look alike in Dallas but he is also the same level as george carl it just happens he won one champioship.   So tell me what coach do you want if its not Phil or any of his coaching trees?

#18 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Can he manage egos and help build chemistry

he coached gary payton, iverson, melo and a whole other bunch of egos, that much he can do, but i agree with l.a.k.e.r with the rest of his coaching

bw1wOGf.png

• 40,604 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I wonder if they did him Vince McMahon style

yo.

#20 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,221 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 06, 2013 - 11:36 AM

Anybody's better than Mike D'Dummy

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users