#21 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:39 PM

I still watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Air reruns...best sitcom ever.

Dude has made some good movies in the past but I really don't look forward to his movies anymore. He may never be able to top Bad Boys and Independence Day.

A lot of the usually-on-point actors are making duds nowadays though. I use to view Will Smith as one of those actors that whenever you saw a new movie trailer with them in it...you were like "I'm def going to see that". Not that way anymore; I look forward to movies with Anthony Hopkins, Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Leonardo DiCaprio

Edited by Windu, June 05, 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#22 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,166 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Will smith is an amazing Actor that puts his all into his work, but he needs to stop doing movies with his son. Its ruining his career, and he needs to take on better roles

ap1.png

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:51 PM

"Amazing" is too strong a word. He's had an amazing career that's for sure.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,166 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:53 PM

"Amazing" is too strong a word. He's had an amazing career that's for sure.

i don't think so. His acting in fresh prince was amazing. He brought color, life, believability, humor.. all the above to the role. The father episode - which i relate too- was one of his best acting scenes in his young career. I find that he has a more realistic appearance in his movies.. just imo.  Do i think he is on the level of a brad pitt or clooney etc.. no.. but hes great

ap1.png

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Clooney? That dude sucks

His acting in Fresh Prince was solid (for a comedic sitcom) but I don't think the show's theme was capable of testing his range as an actor...minus a handful of "serious" episodes like the one you said about his absentee father, the one where he was shot, and a few others. IMO, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is the best thing he's ever been a part of.

He needs to do a movie in which the focus can almost equally be on the other characters instead of doing movies where it seems like he's the only focus. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air was so good because virtually all the characters were interesting and the actors who portrayed them were solid. Same thing with Bad Boys: Martin Lawrence, Tea Leoni, Tcheky Karyo, etc and with Independance Day: Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Vivica Fox, etc. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:52 PM

I forgot to mention "Unbreakable" by MNS. That one was pretty solid too, but again long long ago.

yo.

#27 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,309 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ali, Seven Pounds, I Am Legend, I Robot and Enemy of state were all damn good movies too.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 05, 2013 - 09:21 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:21 PM

^ "Enemy Of The State" was fantastic. Gene Hackman was brilliant in it as well.

One of his most underrated films too many people don't know about is "Six Degrees of Separation".

He needs to do a movie in which the focus can almost equally be on the other characters instead of doing movies where it seems like he's the only focus.

Couldn't agree more.

yo.

#29 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,309 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:25 PM

^ "Enemy Of The State" was fantastic. Gene Hackman was brilliant in it as well.

One of his most underrated films too many people don't know about is "Six Degrees of Separation".

Couldn't agree more.

Yes. I was going to say that movie too but thought a lot of people wouldn't remember it

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#30 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,597 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Probably one of M Night's top 4 movies.

He's had 1 great one(Sixth Sense), one good to great one(Unbreakable), one love it or hate it one(The Village or Signs), After Earth falls right after that(meh).

It wasn't epic by any stretch but I liked it.  It's the kind of movie I'll watch all the way through if I'm flipping through channels or one I'd keep in my DVD collection to watch from time to time.  Not the best, not the worst, just meh, had some really good parts had some parts that didn't fit.   There was some good M Night in it there was some bad M Night in it.   Movie is sort of in the middle, I will get it when it comes out on DVD though, probably with my X-box or something. 

Edited by Majesty, June 05, 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:48 PM

^ DVD? What is this? The VHS VCR days? No blu-ray bra?

yo.

#32 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,597 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:55 PM

^ DVD? What is this? The VHS VCR days? No blu-ray bra?

Do see the point in spending extra money on things like HD televisions and Blu Ray players =P 

My dad does though(he bought one for the house and never uses another TV in the house, not even the one in his room lol).  But I try to save money where I can.   So, I'll just use my xbox to get movies and play DVD's :)  Wouldn't need a blu-ray for anything except saying "IT LOOKS MORE REAL!" :)   I guess I'm just a fan of the simple

For the record I still have my VCR too :D  Watching Woo on it right now :laughing:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:58 PM

^ To me it's once you go HD you never go back and that's been the case for me going on almost 10 years now. Sports especially are quite the treat. Watching our Lakers in the highest defintion is a lovely experience.

yo.

#34 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,846 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 05, 2013 - 10:41 PM

M. Night Shyamalan does not have 4 good movies.  In fact, he doesn't have one.  "The Sixth Sense" was the most overblown piece of pandering garbage and everything else he';s done has been damn next to impossible to watch.

George Clooney does not suck, no idea how you could watch his work and think that.

Will Smith is a one trick pony and that trick wore thin 20 years ago.  There's only so many times you can say "Dayamm!" and make mouth noises without finally being shuffled away into the pile of below par actors.  His charisma carried him into the popular culture and that same culture should've recognized his flat line talent level long ago.  The gag is played out, and thankfully so.

In my opinion, "The Pursuit Of Happyness" was awful.  Melodrama at its finest.

But hey, different movies for different people.  I just can't stand Will Smith or his family of hacks.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 10:46 PM

There's only so many times you can say "Dayamm!"

:laughing:

yo.

#36 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,390 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 06, 2013 - 03:58 AM

This sounds like any chance for a Independence Day 2 is DOA

#37 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,651 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted June 06, 2013 - 04:14 AM

I like him, I really don't see the need to hate him...

Posted Image

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 05:42 AM

Ali, Seven Pounds, I Am Legend, I Robot and Enemy of state were all damn good movies too.

All of those movies are just meh to me. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 05:43 AM

Do see the point in spending extra money on things like HD televisions and Blu Ray players =P 

My dad does though(he bought one for the house and never uses another TV in the house, not even the one in his room lol).  But I try to save money where I can.   So, I'll just use my xbox to get movies and play DVD's :)  Wouldn't need a blu-ray for anything except saying "IT LOOKS MORE REAL!" :)   I guess I'm just a fan of the simple

For the record I still have my VCR too :D  Watching Woo on it right now :laughing:

Blu rays and blu ray players (I use my PS3) are old and cheap now. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#40 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 05:52 AM

M. Night Shyamalan does not have 4 good movies.  In fact, he doesn't have one.  "The Sixth Sense" was the most overblown piece of pandering garbage and everything else he';s done has been damn next to impossible to watch.

George Clooney does not suck, no idea how you could watch his work and think that.

Will Smith is a one trick pony and that trick wore thin 20 years ago.  There's only so many times you can say "Dayamm!" and make mouth noises without finally being shuffled away into the pile of below par actors.  His charisma carried him into the popular culture and that same culture should've recognized his flat line talent level long ago.  The gag is played out, and thankfully so.

In my opinion, "The Pursuit Of Happyness" was awful.  Melodrama at its finest.

But hey, different movies for different people.  I just can't stand Will Smith or his family of hacks.

I thought Sixth Sense was pretty bad too...VERY overrated.

I don't see how you like George Clooney though and hate Will Smith. Clooney has that same damn "my [expletive] don't stank" look/attitude in every last one of his movies. The only thing he was "good" in was a tv series...ER. The only movies of his I can stomach are Out of Sight, From Dusk Till Dawn and MAYBE The Perfect Storm (and that's because I like movies about weather)

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users