Photo

Meet Chris Tang, The Next Asian Sensation Jeremy Lin

Tangsanity

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 12:56 PM

Really good. Solid watch if you have the time.

yo.

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 05, 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'm asian and its great to see some talent emerging but I must admit.  Chris Tang and Jeremy Lin are nothing compared to the other prospects.

Don't get me wrong, Lin had a great run last year with the Knicks but overall he isn't anything special.  He needs to improve his game in numerous aspects he wants to succeed.  Primarily his jumpshot.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 01:33 PM

^ I get you, but even if he fails from here on out or whatever, he's already a success. He produced Linsanity and more importantly for him, earned himself a huge lovely contract full of millions. He's already made it no matter what happens.

yo.

#4 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 05, 2013 - 04:15 PM

I never talk about it but the NBA in many ways has either failed or just not given any importance to trying to make its sport more visible and inductive to hispanics, white, and any othe race for that matter. I do not mean to turn it onto a race thing, but the Lin thing was amazing because he gave NBA hopeful "minorities"  hope that it is attainable with proper work and just someone willing to give you a chance, you don't need to be some high school phenom or word of mouth player.

There should be many ethnicities in the NBA as far as american goes, I know it has become very international (still has a long way to go) but still seems like the NBA is more worried about it urban image more than anything. It many ways it remind me of the commentary I had read about NASCAR, NHL and MLB. They don't draw enough to any minorities.

I don't mean to insult anyone just my personal opinion.

Edited by Ven21, June 05, 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#5 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,173 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:34 PM

All he has to do is have erek Fisher guard him & he'll be a Superstar!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 13, 2013 - 12:44 PM

I never talk about it but the NBA in many ways has either failed or just not given any importance to trying to make its sport more visible and inductive to hispanics, white, and any othe race for that matter. I do not mean to turn it onto a race thing, but the Lin thing was amazing because he gave NBA hopeful "minorities"  hope that it is attainable with proper work and just someone willing to give you a chance, you don't need to be some high school phenom or word of mouth player.

There should be many ethnicities in the NBA as far as american goes, I know it has become very international (still has a long way to go) but still seems like the NBA is more worried about it urban image more than anything. It many ways it remind me of the commentary I had read about NASCAR, NHL and MLB. They don't draw enough to any minorities.

I don't mean to insult anyone just my personal opinion.

I disagree with everything you said. While I do understand and really side on your views about giving other ethinicity a chance to prove himself, the reality is African American have more athletes as an ethnic group than any other group. It has nothing to do with being races. Its just reality. Weather its because of their upbringing or their genes its a fact. Just because the NBA are prodominantly black doesn't mean the sport is racist. It just happens that majority of the black ethnic are more athletic. If an Asian American or a hispanic have the genes like a Lebron James that is 6'8 230 with dunking ability and domination, you will see them in the NBA and probably considered the best of all time. But reality is there is a better chance you see a black guy that has that ability. Am I racist for saying that? No.  I am not going to sit here and complain that there are not enough hispanics, asians or white players in the NBA because of their race.  I am Asian and I can tell you this much. Not many asians can dunk and have athleticm like Lebron James. Doesn't make me a racist.

It has NOTHING to do with the NBA aiming toward a more urban society.  I totally disagree with that. Its all in the genetics and the makeup of a culture.  Why do people said Asians are smart in school? Is it because the schools are racist and not letting hispanics or black have the same oppotunities? That to me is more racist if one think that way.  Asians tend to be better in school maybe because of their up bringing or their culture. Or maybe its their genetics.  So by you saying the NBA doesn't make it more visable to other ethnic to me is more racist. If a guy can play he will be in the NBA.  African American just happens to have better genes than most.  Not saying all of the black guys can jump out of the building. Just a fact that majority are.   Totally disagree with you. 

As an Asian American I was excited when Jeremy Lin was on the scene representing me. But no way in my mind thinking that its the NBA's fault for not having many asian americans or hispanic in the NBA.   If somebody have the athleticsm it doesnt matter if the NBA doesn't make it more "visable" to that culture, the NBA will market that person. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,940 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:02 PM

No offense to anyone, but it is pretty damn annoying when they make something about sports about race. Oh look its an Asian that is good at basketball it is amazing. I think it just goes to show how big of a deal race still is. The media focuses in on us having acceptance except when something out of the racial norm happens they blow it all up and make it a big deal, DO THEY NOT SEE THAT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF BEING RACIALLY RESPECTIVE?!? I bet espn would have an hour special if there was a really good black kicker in the NFL, or if Latino guy had moves like AP on the football field. I dont think any professional teams turn down any players based on race and not skill. However if you were one to pay attention to the media you would believe that if a person wasnt the right race for the sport a professional team wouldnt give them two looks. Teams want the best player regardless of skin color, hell even with all the big media coverage on gay athletes if a dude was a big homosexual but could ball like MJ, I bet my life 30 NBA teams would be calling him.

Whenever we stop focusing on race and making a big deal out of we will never move past it, and at this rate that will never ever happen.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users