Photo

NBA Flopping Policy Changes For Next Season

What would you propose?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 10:11 PM

What kind of changes would you propose to the current flopping policy for next season?

Interested to hear your guys' opinions.

I hold the flopping issue in very high regard in terms of priority list. It's one of the greatest (in terms of bad) things ruining the game. They need to seriously get more serious about resolving this issue including making drastic adjustments into the current system because it's a bunch of crap and embarrassingly inconsistent as well on many levels.

yeah flopping should be a priority coming to next season.

Rules should be.

-Warning

-Fine

-Suspension

-Fine and Suspension

Whatever it is, just do something cause the system currently in place clearly just isn't good enough whatsoever.

Edited by    , June 03, 2013 - 10:11 PM.

yo.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,692 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 03, 2013 - 10:58 PM

I say screw the fine and just begin at warning and then go to suspension and then go to suspension + fine. 

It will stop.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 11:20 PM

No warning.

It should be reviewed immediately like a last minute shot.  Penalty for flop should be 2 free throws and the ball. Second violation is a one game suspension. 

Its one of many, many problems the NBA has created for itself.

I like that. Plus the fact that it would add instant shame & embarrassment to the player whom did the flopping as there'd be a stoppage in the game with absolutely everyone in the building and watching around the country focusing on it.

yo.

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 03, 2013 - 11:52 PM

The rules are fine as is but they just arent enforcing it. It was a PR move that they enforced on some B level players in the first month or 2 then pretty much ignored the rest of the year. The Lebron fine was also nothing but a PR move. 

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 11:55 PM

The Lebron fine was also nothing but a PR move. 

Then to just ignore the game 6 one, which actually resulted in a penalty against the Pacers (even worse than the one he got fined for in that regard) actually impacting the game.

yo.

#6 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,552 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 04, 2013 - 04:55 AM

Until there's a penalty implemented that will discourage flopping by impacting the game, players will do it. No way in hell will the league suspend its star players for flopping. You think they want a scenario in which the Heat are playing the Clippers on a Friday night, but Wade, CP3 and Blake Griffin are suspended? It would be a disaster, and could very possibly happen if suspension was the penalty.

It has to be something in the game that will have a negative effect. Give each coach one challenge which can be used on a foul call. Officials review, if the coach was right his team is awarded two free throws and possession. If he was wrong, he loses a 20 second timeout, call stands, play on.

That's probably not a perfect solution, but it's just an example of how there needs to be a real consequence to flopping which will hurt a teams chances of winning the game. Players flop because it gives their team am advantage. If there's a rule in place which turns flopping into a possible disadvantage (loss of possession and 2 free throws the other way), players will stop.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 01:05 PM

I would love to see them at least simply go with something similar to the NFL where they allow each coach from both teams two or three challenges per game and if they're found incorrect on the challenge after review, they get punished by losing a timeout. I haven't heard many who have been against this idea.

yo.

#8 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 04, 2013 - 01:22 PM

Have Vlade Divac be the president for this new rule and the enforcer.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 01:23 PM

^ That'd only be fitting right?

yo.

#10 L.A.7

L.A.7

Rookie

• 71 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Even if the rules change to warning, fine and then suspension, I don't think it will make a difference. I mean LeBron flopped in game 6 and he did not even get fined. I don't think it will change anything since they probably will not enforce it, or they will not enforce it on star players. Maybe once or twice but not much after that I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users