Photo

NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs

• Please log in to reply
2014 replies to this topic

Poll: Champion (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins the title?

1. Heat in 4 (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

2. Heat in 5 (1 votes [2.56%])

3. Heat in 6 (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

4. Heat in 7 (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Spurs in 4 (1 votes [2.56%])

6. Spurs in 5 (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

7. Spurs in 6 (18 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

8. Spurs in 7 (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1941 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,904 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Oh c'mon man. Look, I think you can still say the Heat deserve the title and at the same time say that clearly, the Spurs did more damage to themselves on multiple levels than vice versa. Don't be so PC here man, c'mon. Assuming you watched all of the games and especially game 6, you can't seriously be straight and tell me you didn't see just how many endless mistakes there were on the Spurs part. I mean like Real Deal and some others said, it was so bad it almost seemed rigged!

I guess I won't change your mind, but I'm disappointed you don't seem to wanna' acknowledge that.

Like I said, both teams had their chances.  

Regardless if you see it as the Spurs doing damage to themselves, the Heat took advantage of their opportunities. 

The Spurs shot themselves in the foot plenty of times, but so did the Heat and the Spurs did not take advantage of those miscues.  In game 6, LeBron turned off the ball 3 times in the final minutes, the Spurs responded with missed free throws, lack of rebounding, and bad defense. 

Tonight, Mario Chalmers with two missed free throws, that turnover on the inbounds play, and bad shots were responded by the Spurs with turnovers and inability to make gimme shots. 

Both teams had their problems, the Spurs especially in game 6, but I am not going to act like the Heat played perfect basketball and the Spurs were the only team to make mistakes. 

#1942 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:34 PM

2 titles, 2 finals mvps, 25ppg 11rpg, 7apg in the series

You don't have to argue everything bad about Lebron.

We get it, you like him, he's great.

But realize everybody isn't going to see him in the holy light you see him in. Opinions, everybody got one.

• 38,655 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Both teams had their problems, the Spurs especially in game 6, but I am not going to act like the Heat played perfect basketball and the Spurs were the only team to make mistakes. 

Of course not. Of course both teams make their own share of mistakes and have their own share of successes, but the point is I just think it's painfully obvious the Spurs made more of their own mistakes than the Heat, but I won't go any further cause you already know well where I stand and we're just not gonna' see things on the same level obviously so there's not much of a point in going any further and that's fine.

yo.

• 38,655 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:38 PM

There's a lot of basketball experts on here lol.

Only God's an expert.

yo.

#1945 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,214 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Didn't watch the game (had class). Staying away from ESPN this summer until free agency and draft day trades.

I hope to god every team begins to build around a big man. I hope to god there are some high school coaches out there coaching the hell out of their 6'10 guys and getting the right scouts for them. I want to revert back to a big-man dominated league. These past two Miami titles have been dominated by ball handling players and shooters.

If Dwight Howard is the best we can do as a league as far as producing a big man then we have a huge problem.

I guess I'm just scared of seeing the Heat get even stronger, giving less and less teams a chance.

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#1946 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 259 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Lebron James greatest player ever not yet lol but he did tie up with Luke Walton for rings

#1947 David

David

Superstar

• 7,952 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Didn't watch the game (had class). Staying away from ESPN this summer until free agency and draft day trades.

I hope to god every team begins to build around a big man. I hope to god there are some high school coaches out there coaching the hell out of their 6'10 guys and getting the right scouts for them. I want to revert back to a big-man dominated league. These past two Miami titles have been dominated by ball handling players and shooters.

If Dwight Howard is the best we can do as a league as far as producing a big man then we have a huge problem.

I guess I'm just scared of seeing the Heat get even stronger, giving less and less teams a chance.

The way I have been seeing it, the league has been shifting from play inside out, and teams are now playing off shooting and athleticism.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#1948 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Just realized wade has 3 rings

Wow
Posted Image

#1949 David

David

Superstar

• 7,952 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:54 PM

For all those who thought Allen's three was a killer, just imagine what King's fans were thinking after this.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 38,655 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Just realized wade has 3 rings

Wow

So what? LeBron's got 2! Last time I checked 2>3. You better recognize.

yo.

#1951 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 233 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:12 PM

So what? LeBron's got 2! Last time I checked 2>3. You better recognize.

Not only that but 2>5, and 2>6 also

lol

(btw no Lebron fans I'm not insinuating that Wade is better than Lebron lol)

Edited by spacedog1, June 20, 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#1952 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,749 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:21 PM

i guess im going to have to stay clear from everything nba related until next season, i cant stand the ball washing

13z8pc6.jpg

#1953 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,438 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Lebron is great, he came up HUGE in game 7 of the NBA Finals. Struggled the first couple of games, then finished strong. Now you know that he has 2 rings to go with those 4 MVPs he's thinking "uh-uh, you can't tell me nothin'". He very likely could tie or pass Kobe in the hardware department. Unlike 2 years ago, now he's proven he can come through on the biggest possible stage and has nothing but confidence and swagger. Depending on how this offseason turns out, I wouldn't be surprised to see him collect a third ring next year. I hope it doesn't happen, I'll be rooting against him again, but you gotta respect his game now. 2-time champ.

#1954 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,259 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:09 PM

What an epic series that was very entertaining to watch as a fan of the game. For everyone who thinks the Heat will continue to roll through the league make sure you stay tuned at watch next season. They will face the toughest test they have ever come across. There's a reason we're the only team that has 3-peated in the last 30 years. It's not easy to do and it gets harder and harder each and every year because other teams want to beat you that much more. Think about it. We were in the exact same position the Heat were in 3 years ago when we went back-to-back. We made the finals three consecutive seasons, lost the first one and bounced back to win the next two. Exactly what the Heat just did. Then we went on to get swept in the 2nd round next season. That was Dirk's time to win a ring and he and the mavs took advantage of it. That could very well be the case with whoever plays the Heat in the playoffs next season. D. Rose and the Bulls will be back. Granger and the Pacers will be back, hopefully next time with Granger actually in the lineup. Congrats to the Heat they deserved to win but the rest of the league will be ready for them next season. Hopefully we'll find a way to be there at the end next time. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 20, 2013 - 10:10 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#1955 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,230 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:12 PM

As much as everyone here is a little ticked off about Lebron getting another ring, we have to remind ourselves we're Laker fans. We have 16 banners hanging in our building and half of the greatest basketball players have worn the P&G. Lets not feel sour about another team's success (unless its the Celtics hanging #18). Time to move on to Laker off-season, reload, and get our shot at the Heat in the finals after the Spurs and Thunder's failure.

#1956 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 11,981 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:15 PM

He is 21. The man has a very bright future in this league.

That is a career defining moment
He makes both, nba title

He has a great career ahead of him, but, he missed out on a title with a missed ft

#1957 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,701 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:46 PM

I feel bad for timmy

33bkfif.jpg

• 38,655 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:32 PM

tim_d.png

man.png

pic-31903-popovich-smiles-web.jpg

yo.

#1959 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,593 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:58 PM

LeBron moves into the top 10 of all time for me with this win.

3 straight Finals, a title defense, and one of the best Game 7 performances I have ever seen. I've seen him get into that shooting zone only a few times in his career, and the fact that he was able to summon it in the biggest game of his life is unbelievable. Hell of a performance by LeBron, especially that cold-blooded and extremely clutch shot to put the game away at the end. I don't think I've ever seen such a great performance from him . Forget facilitating and getting roleplayers involved, when you're the best player in the world it's up to you to get your team the win when they need it the most. And LeBron delivered in the face of elimination in the two biggest games of his career.

Just an amazing finish to this series for him.

#1960 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,593 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted June 21, 2013 - 12:01 AM

The only problem here is that I now have to stay away from any sports media until November. I had the Euro Cup and the Olympics to keep me busy last year, but I'll have no such luck this time around. :eh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users