Photo

NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs

• Please log in to reply
2014 replies to this topic

Poll: Champion (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins the title?

1. Heat in 4 (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

2. Heat in 5 (1 votes [2.56%])

3. Heat in 6 (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

4. Heat in 7 (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Spurs in 4 (1 votes [2.56%])

6. Spurs in 5 (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

7. Spurs in 6 (18 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

8. Spurs in 7 (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,578 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted June 04, 2013 - 06:28 AM

I have the Spurs in 6.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#22 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 04, 2013 - 07:32 AM

Very surprised at how little credit some of you are giving the Spurs. 

The Spurs can match what the Pacers did defensively, in addition to being far better offensively. 

This is going to be a very good series.  The Heat will need Wade and Bosh to be big this series, if not the Spurs could finish this in 5.  Yes, 5.  

Pop will have his team ready with a great game plan.   Plus with all the rest the Spurs have had, they will have fresh legs.   

This series will be decided by the play of the big three as a whole.  If the big three shows up, it's the Heat.  If it's LeBron and two other guys, it's the Spurs. 

I agree. The same people on here knocking the spurs were probably the same people saying the heat in 5 or even 4 against the pacers. Over estimating the heat is what seems to go on a lot, people have to realize they havent played a solid team like the spurs. They made the pacers look better on offense and better on the low block then they really were. Now the spurs actually played the best front court in the league in Memphis and shut them down. On top of their own force down low in timmy they have such better and more polished wing players than IND they can keep up and score with MIA.

If bosh and wade play like they did for the most part of the IND series I have the spurs in 5 even could sweep the heat. If they show up and play well I have the spurs in 6. However, if wade goes into a time machine I have the heat in 7. The spurs are the better team, have the way and above coach, and also have the best pg in the league.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 04, 2013 - 07:34 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#23 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,808 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted June 04, 2013 - 07:33 AM

It's not that we're giving them little credit. They have had a fantastic run there's no doubt about it but the Thunder exposed the Spurs biggest issues last season, and this is the same spurs team only with Tony Parker playing out of his mind at the moment. They would not have gotten past the Thunder, nor do I see them getting past the Heat. They have yet to face a top 7 player in the league during their playoff run so far and now they will face three that are in the top 10. What does make this interesting though, is the fact that both teams are desperate for this title. The spurs because their time as a group is coming to an end and the Heat because LeBron wants to avenge his '07 sweep to the spurs. 

Wait they have three top ten players? Please tell me who they are, after the IND series I saw the best player in the league playing with just some role players.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#24 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 04, 2013 - 08:06 AM

Spurs in 6

#25 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted June 04, 2013 - 08:08 AM

This will be the first time i've ever rooted for the spurs in my life

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,068 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 04, 2013 - 08:09 AM

Heat in 4

Football season needs to hurry up and get here

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,666 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 04, 2013 - 11:50 AM

black/white nation lets go!!

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 12:00 PM

It's not that we're giving them little credit. They have had a fantastic run there's no doubt about it but the Thunder exposed the Spurs biggest issues last season, and this is the same spurs team only with Tony Parker playing out of his mind at the moment. They would not have gotten past the Thunder, nor do I see them getting past the Heat. They have yet to face a top 7 player in the league during their playoff run so far and now they will face three that are in the top 10. What does make this interesting though, is the fact that both teams are desperate for this title. The spurs because their time as a group is coming to an end and the Heat because LeBron wants to avenge his '07 sweep to the spurs. 

I have to disagree.  Saying the Spurs wouldn't be in the Finals had OKC been healthy is definitely not giving the Spurs credit because that's indirectly saying that the Spurs had it easy on their way to the Finals. 

The Spurs did play a depleted (understatement) Lakers team, but then went on to face a very good Warriors team who may have been one of the hottest offensive teams in the playoffs at the time, then swept a very good Memphis team that some felt would get to the Finals. 

But let's not pretend as if the Heat were playing superior teams on their end.  They faced a Bucks team that was 6 games below .500 and wouldn't have been in the playoffs in the West, a Chicago team who was solid defensively, but were without Derrick Rose, then lost Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich in that series, then went 7 games against a great defensive team in Indiana that lacked the offensive ability to balance it out. 

The Spurs can duplicate what Indiana did defensively.  It's difficult for any team to stop LeBron James so that's an advantage that Miami has but the Spurs will make the Heat work for their points and the difference is that the Spurs will not go into many scoring droughts that Indiana did.  San Antonio has been one of, if not the best offensive team in the playoffs.  The run solid offensive sets and move the ball perfectly, which is how you beat the Heat. 

The Spurs have players that have been here before and have arguably the best coach in the NBA right now.  This is going to be a Finals where you see old school take on new school basketball. Like I said earlier, if the big three shows up for Miami, they'll win this series.  But if Wade and Bosh are non-existent, Spurs will take this series. 

#29 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 04, 2013 - 12:20 PM

The Heat are not some all-time great team, I honestly think they peaked during that big winning streak. If anything, these playoffs have shown us just how reliant they are on LeBron's brilliance to stay afloat. If Wade and Bosh continue to play as they have all postseason long, then the Spurs can definitely take this series.

The Heat haven't played any offensively accomplished teams yet in the playoffs, while the Spurs have the best system in the league. Their defense isn't on the same level as Indiana, but they are FAR superior offensively. The Heat have regressed big time from how good they were defensively the previous two seasons.

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 01:21 PM

I have no idea,  its up in the air for me 

Okay DMX.

yo.

#31 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 04, 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have to disagree.  Saying the Spurs wouldn't be in the Finals had OKC been healthy is definitely not giving the Spurs credit because that's indirectly saying that the Spurs had it easy on their way to the Finals. 

The Spurs did play a depleted (understatement) Lakers team, but then went on to face a very good Warriors team who may have been one of the hottest offensive teams in the playoffs at the time, then swept a very good Memphis team that some felt would get to the Finals. 

But let's not pretend as if the Heat were playing superior teams on their end.  They faced a Bucks team that was 6 games below .500 and wouldn't have been in the playoffs in the West, a Chicago team who was solid defensively, but were without Derrick Rose, then lost Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich in that series, then went 7 games against a great defensive team in Indiana that lacked the offensive ability to balance it out. 

The Spurs can duplicate what Indiana did defensively.  It's difficult for any team to stop LeBron James so that's an advantage that Miami has but the Spurs will make the Heat work for their points and the difference is that the Spurs will not go into many scoring droughts that Indiana did.  San Antonio has been one of, if not the best offensive team in the playoffs.  The run solid offensive sets and move the ball perfectly, which is how you beat the Heat. 

The Spurs have players that have been here before and have arguably the best coach in the NBA right now.  This is going to be a Finals where you see old school take on new school basketball. Like I said earlier, if the big three shows up for Miami, they'll win this series.  But if Wade and Bosh are non-existent, Spurs will take this series. 

I definitely agree that the spurs are far superior to Indiana offensively but your forgetting the fact that Miami beats you from the perimeter, just like Golden State and the exact OPPOSITE of Memphis. Not only do the spurs have no one to guard LeBron, but if Wade and Bosh continue to play at least somewhat comparable to their performances in game 7, the spurs are gonna be rushing to catch up with adjustments. Now they obviously have the best coach in the league so it wouldn't be an impossible task but I'm just not so sure the experience advantage the spurs have over the heat will outweigh the talent advantage the heat have over the spurs. Plus add to that all the calls you know the heat are going to get and things don't add up for a spurs victory in the series.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#32 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 947 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:51 AM

Spurs in 6 or 7

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Expect the Spurs to not trail that far behind in flops with TP9 & Manu.

yo.

#34 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio

Posted June 06, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Let's go Heat, [expletive] Spurs!

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#35 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,313 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 06, 2013 - 08:38 AM

Game One Finals Today! Lets go Spurs!

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 06, 2013 - 08:39 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Every State in America Except Florida Rooting for the Spurs to Beat Heat

Heat-Poll.jpg

yo.

#37 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 947 posts
  • Name:Jennie

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Well damn^ lol!

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:08 AM

^ Yeah, I know for a fact there'd be at least several states majority rooting for us if we were in the Finals. Speaks volumes to just how disliked the Heat are and for good reason too, with all their massive flopping & whining including one of the strongest & most dominant players in the league in LeBron doing so as well and openly admitting he sees nothing wrong with it whatsoever. So sad.

yo.

#39 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,039 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Can't say I'm surprised ha...

#40 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted June 06, 2013 - 10:24 AM

Spurs in 5. The Spurs will discipline this immature Miami Heat team.

Edited by Jackson, June 06, 2013 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users