Photo

NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs

• Please log in to reply
2014 replies to this topic

Poll: Champion (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins the title?

1. Heat in 4 (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

2. Heat in 5 (1 votes [2.56%])

3. Heat in 6 (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

4. Heat in 7 (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Spurs in 4 (1 votes [2.56%])

6. Spurs in 5 (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

7. Spurs in 6 (18 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

8. Spurs in 7 (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,360 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:41 PM

NBA_Finals_Heat_vs_Spurs_2013_Wallpaper.

#2 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Yotsuba

• 8,414 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm only watching this because I like Ginobli, lol.

MMiRi9s.png

#3 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,035 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Let's go Spurs.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#4 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:47 PM

I'm not watching this [expletive].

#5 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,475 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Spurs in 6.

#6 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 580 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Spurs in 6.

david stern will not allow it 

#7 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'm not sure if the Spurs would even be here if they had a rematch with a healthy OKC. If Golden State gave them trouble...

#8 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:11 PM

People bring up the Warriors, but that's because they shot ridiculouslly well during those wins, Spurs are very well balanced. I do think Pop benefitted from seeing the Pacers match up and probably has a great coaching plan from it. Ultimately if Wade of all people is playing at a high level consistently (I doubt it), and the bench is at least decent, then this has Miami all over it.

Miami probably lose Game 1 just on emotions and fatigue from the Pacers series. Lot of variable in this series, how dominant can Parker be, will Ginobili play better, can Duncan continue this great.

#9 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Heat in 7. Homecourt is a big factor the spurs are pissed the pacers didn't pull off the upset tonight. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 03, 2013 - 08:40 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#10 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm not sure if the Spurs would even be here if they had a rematch with a healthy OKC. If Golden State gave them trouble...

I agree. Thunder would have taken care of them again, maybe in 7, but nonetheless the spurs would have been beaten. Derek Fisher was waiting to [expletive] on the spurs again just like he's done his whole career. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,360 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Very surprised at how little credit some of you are giving the Spurs. 

The Spurs can match what the Pacers did defensively, in addition to being far better offensively. 

This is going to be a very good series.  The Heat will need Wade and Bosh to be big this series, if not the Spurs could finish this in 5.  Yes, 5.  

Pop will have his team ready with a great game plan.   Plus with all the rest the Spurs have had, they will have fresh legs.   

This series will be decided by the play of the big three as a whole.  If the big three shows up, it's the Heat.  If it's LeBron and two other guys, it's the Spurs. 

#12 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,778 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 03, 2013 - 09:05 PM

I see this going 7 games again. I will give it to the Spurs, but assume it will be close.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,378 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 09:34 PM

Miami probably lose Game 1 just on emotions and fatigue from the Pacers series.

I expect the opposite to be more likely which is for San Antonio to come out a bit rusty after such a long layoff (to say the least).

One thing's most likely for sure though. Unlike the Pacers, the Spurs won't beat themselves (ala Indiana turnovers, mental mistakes, lack of poise, lack of mental toughness, etc), Miami will have to legtimately beat them.

yo.

#14 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 03, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Every team I wanted to win ended up losing lol After the Spurs beat the Lakers and played the Warriors, of course I wanted Golden State to win, then the Grizzlies, and the Pacers in the east lol Basically since the early playoffs this was the matchup I didn't really look forward to. But oh well, Spurs in 5!!!!!

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 03, 2013 - 11:10 PM

I'd love to see the Spurs win, for many reasons, the least of which being that I always want the team that beats the Lakers to go the whole way, however, Miami will take it in 6.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,044 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 03, 2013 - 11:20 PM

Miami in 5. 

Don't see the Spurs stopping Lebron going to the basket nor having an interior presence the way that Hibbert gave the Pacers.  Strictly because Miami has no one that wants to post up so Pop can't crowd the lane.  Duncan will likely be guarding Bosh, which will leave Thiago by his lonesome to defend the rim if LeBron decides to drive there.   We all know what the result of that will be.

It would be hard for the Spurs to duplicate what the Pacers did to Miami because the Spurs have no Hibbert. 

They have Duncan, but he isn't as big or as strong as Hibbert and won't stop LeBron if LeBron goes to the basket.  If LeBron goes to the basket neither Duncan nor Splitter is going to stop him, and the lane will be opened because Bosh won't post up anyway.

If the Spurs are going to beat Miami it's gonna have to be on the perimeter and Miami is a team that wants to play on the perimeter and run you on offense, they want to do what the Warriors do but they are a more experienced team and they go inside a lot more on cuts.

Miami in 5.   

It's no coincidence that the only team that has had success against the Spurs was a perimeter team like the Warriors and the two teams that look to attack from the post got swept.

Miami is a perimeter team, they are an experienced team, and their weakness of size is not going to be exploited by the Spurs in a way that's gonna change a series the way Indiana did.    Leonard isn't gonna do a Paul George on LeBron and he's not going to beat LeBron to the basket consistently in the same way. 

I don't see the Spurs beating Miami on the perimeter, Miami overloaded on perimeter threats for just this reason, and they just beat the team that took advantage of their weakness, and San Antonio just eliminated the team that would have beaten them because of that weakness.  

The Spurs is the team Miami wanted to face in the finals and for good reason. 

I have respect for what the Spurs have accomplished in this playoffs, they've gone further than I'd have guessed.  But the clock strikes midnight in this series.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#17 aluren

aluren

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Every team I wanted to win ended up losing lol After the Spurs beat the Lakers and played the Warriors, of course I wanted Golden State to win, then the Grizzlies, and the Pacers in the east lol Basically since the early playoffs this was the matchup I didn't really look forward to. But oh well, Spurs in 5!!!!!

Lol those were the exact teams I was rooting for. So I was a little pissed tonight. I'm not sure which of the two final teams I hate more...

#18 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

• 5,358 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 12:37 AM

Very surprised at how little credit some of you are giving the Spurs. 

The Spurs can match what the Pacers did defensively, in addition to being far better offensively. 

This is going to be a very good series.  The Heat will need Wade and Bosh to be big this series, if not the Spurs could finish this in 5.  Yes, 5.  

Pop will have his team ready with a great game plan.   Plus with all the rest the Spurs have had, they will have fresh legs.   

This series will be decided by the play of the big three as a whole.  If the big three shows up, it's the Heat.  If it's LeBron and two other guys, it's the Spurs. 

It's not that we're giving them little credit. They have had a fantastic run there's no doubt about it but the Thunder exposed the Spurs biggest issues last season, and this is the same spurs team only with Tony Parker playing out of his mind at the moment. They would not have gotten past the Thunder, nor do I see them getting past the Heat. They have yet to face a top 7 player in the league during their playoff run so far and now they will face three that are in the top 10. What does make this interesting though, is the fact that both teams are desperate for this title. The spurs because their time as a group is coming to an end and the Heat because LeBron wants to avenge his '07 sweep to the spurs. 

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 04, 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#19 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,025 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 04, 2013 - 03:08 AM

I have no idea,  its up in the air for me 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#20 L@keRmade™

L@keRmade™