LeBron's Game 6 Temper Tantrum Tech

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 02, 2013 - 05:59 AM

Did anyone else just laugh and shake their head in disbelief while seeing this?

My dad whos been watching NBA ball since the mid 60's and is always hatin on KB only to spite me said:

"That is F-ing ridiculous, I've never seen a over dramatic full court protest like that before. Running the length of the court while crying like a little baby. And on a visiting court in a playoff game. Thats just embarrassing to the game and all the true legends". (Then he looked at me while shaking his head and said): "Even your boy Kobe would never do some baby [expletive] like that". "This guys a joke I don't care what I see after seeing that spectacle".

And he said it so passionately and with complete disgust in his tone. It was as if my pops read my mind and stole the words right out of my mouth.

This is the leagues prodigy. This is who they push and market NON STOP with no apprehension whatsoever.
Just yesterday morning ESPN SC had a interview of someone in the Heat organization that said:
"Lebron is a true genius who sees EVERYTHING on the court at once"
I wonder if the genius saw his temper tantrum coming?

Or I wonder if the genius saw Pat Riley in the crowd shaking his head in disgust the same way my dad was?

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 02, 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,331 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 08:43 AM

LeBron actually does this quite a bit when a call doesn't go in his favor.  Wade does it as well. 

This is the rare instance where one was actually T'd up. 

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,552 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 02, 2013 - 08:50 AM

LeBron actually does this quite a bit when a call doesn't go in his favor. Wade does it as well.

This is the rare instance where one was actually T'd up.

Yeah even the guys calling the game had said that this happens throughout the regular season and it should always be a tech.

Thank God Kobe doesn't pull immature [expletive] like this

#4 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 02, 2013 - 09:04 AM

lol Yea seing that was just insane. Lebron seems like quite the self-entitled, whiny baby. It baffles me how people can see him as being so "classy" or anything close. If Kobe ever were to do something like that everyone would have called him out on it, but Lebron does it so the bandwagon heat and lebron fans think it's just showing that he "cares" probably lol

#5 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,987 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 02, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Definitely, too many players run around and flail in the regular season. I'm ok with even a slight controlled flare up like raising your arms or pleading around. But running around (let alone the entire court) like a child drawing that much attention makes the importance of the play less important, and that play if it had gone against Hibbert might've been another momentum change for Miami.

#6 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,379 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:26 AM

I used to hate Lebron and I had somewhat made peace but after this year I'm starting to hate him again. It's [expletive]ing annoying seeing him throw a fit at everything and flop like a little diva.

Edited by 24allday, June 02, 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#7 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,762 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:39 AM

The greater meanings of the game are seldom discussed, but what message is LeBron and friends relaying to child fans who look up to him as a role model? If something doesn't go your way, cry and whine about it? Instead of doing the hard work, take short cuts just because you can (flopping)? How can a basketball player who can powerhouse through anyone honestly act like it is the end of the world because he got a scratch on his nail?

I modeled a lot of my work ethic after Kobe. He goes down, he never gives up. 1000% determination. Sure, Kobe complains at times, but I don't see him flopping and making dramatic scenes to try and win ballgames. I do, on the other hand, ALWAYS see Kobe Bean doing whatever he can do with what he has to work with.

If LeBron actually cared about his legacy, he would man up and play the game right. When Kobe is asked questions regarding how he sees his own legacy, he will mostly try to evade them. I think we all know that Kobe competes to be up there with the greatest, if not to be the greatest.

Edited by -Wade-, June 02, 2013 - 10:42 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,656 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:53 AM

Perspective: Every player has quirks.

Kobe-too confident

LeBron- childish

Shaq-too big

Etc

So when u watch sports, enjoy.

Don't say, Kobe should pass more. Just enjoy the greatness as an overall.

Don't say, LeBron should be more like Kobe. Just like him or don't.

#9 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,762 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 11:00 AM

^ I think everyone likes (or at least appreciates, at a minimum) LeBron's skill and what he brings to the game. However, I think it is more than fair to be critical of a player's "quirks" that takes AWAY from their greatness as an overall. This isn't one little quirk... it is a repetitive annoyance that is taking away from the game of basketball.

Kobe's "quirk" of not passing enough doesn't take away from the game as a whole. At the very worst, it would take away from one basketball team, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Flopping and fooling the refs, on the other hand, does not just affect one player and or basketball team. It affects the other team. It potentially affects a playoff series. It affects the fans. It affects the league. It affects the game.

Edited by -Wade-, June 02, 2013 - 11:06 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,331 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Being too confident or too big is not the same type of quirk as being childish.

#11 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,501 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Perspective: Every player has quirks.

Kobe-too confident

LeBron- childish

Shaq-too big

Etc

So when u watch sports, enjoy.

Don't say, Kobe should pass more. Just enjoy the greatness as an overall.

Don't say, LeBron should be more like Kobe. Just like him or don't.

Lebron isn't even childish... He's just a flopper plain and simple.

Being "big" and "over-confident" has no relation to flopping...  When you watch sports you want to see the best ATHLETES compete with one another displaying their talents.  You don't want to see an Opera or Broadway production.  And in this case, Lebron would win an Academy Award because these REFs are star struck

Edited by lakers1o1, June 02, 2013 - 11:18 AM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,780 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 02, 2013 - 12:20 PM

He tried to be Rasheed Wallace and failed miserably.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#13 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,577 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted June 03, 2013 - 06:03 AM

Shaqtin' a fool worthy.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,656 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:22 AM

LeBron is a spoiled brat:

They have to go back to their regular lives.

Lol who says that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users