• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,924 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:23 AM

I don't want the lakers to have every good player in the world on their roster every year. I want them to see tem earn it

Any team that wins a title earns it. Doesn't matter if you have the best player in the world.

#22 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,390 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:24 AM

This guy just needs to shut up and stop with this lame excuse. Even when LeBron was on the bench getting rest in the 2nd quarter and the lineup I think was Cole/Wade/Allen/Bosh/Anthony he played the exact same way and even Norris Cole looked like the best player on the court for Miami at the time.

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Wade-LeBron brotherhood cracking. Has been since LeBron choked in Finals.

More important though-

Do ball dominant players like LeBron or CP3 REALLY make players better?

I can say Wade and Bosh have regressed. Battier and Miller are aging so I won't count them. Andy V is still solid when healthy without LeBron.
David West is still good without Paul. Blake Griffin has not improved. DeAndre Jordan is still useless in crunch time.

I'm not sure who any of those guys made better.

Meanwhile Shaq, Pau,Lamar, Trevor, Shannon, Drew, Sasha , Farmar all had best seasons with Kobe.

Coincidence?

#24 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Any team that wins a title earns it. Doesn't matter if you have the best player in the world.

Don't want LeBron either. We ain't the Yankees.

It's not hate. I just don't want him at that stage in his career.

Like I said, Miami got the LeBron we wanted, we might want the 26/27 year old KD.

#25 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,924 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 11:10 AM

Don't want LeBron either. We ain't the Yankees.

It's not hate. I just don't want him at that stage in his career.

Like I said, Miami got the LeBron we wanted, we might want the 26/27 year old KD.

Personally, I think it's a irrelevant conversation because I don't see why LeBron would join the Lakers next season.

If he does actually leave Miami, he'll go back to Cleveland.

• 38,978 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Not necessarily Miami in 06 AKA the infamous D-Whistle series.

yo.

#27 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,096 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm sure I, aswell as many others would rather see Paul George, a California native growing up imitating and studying Kobe's game to be the future of this franchise.

The whole Wade and Bosh situation is just going to cause more turmoil within the Heat organization and I think next season will be their last together.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#28 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 1,501 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 02, 2013 - 02:18 PM

yeah star studded team has a different definition of earning it compared to a non star studded team. The heat have been stacked since lebron joined forces its been very easy

ap1.png

#29 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 748 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted June 02, 2013 - 02:57 PM

My top picks are Paul George and Kyrie Irving (highly doubt Durant will be available). If you can get Lebron though, that's not an opportunity you pass up. Lebron and Dwight would be devastating.

On topic: Bosh has at least owned up to not playing well this series and that's good. However, Wade is avoiding questions and shifting the blame to James and the offense. I respect Kobe so much because he adapts his game and does whatever it takes to win. Despite declining athleticism, Kobe is still a guy that puts up 27-5-5. We are seeing first hand Wade's decline, and it's precipitous because he relies on athleticism so much. He doesn't have a jumper, so the defense can relax and pressure others (mainly Lebron). When you can't waltz into the lane and dunk it over and over, it's hard to score 25. Next season, Wade's stats will be around 18 PPG.

#30 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

The "D" In Dwight Howard Is Silent

• 6,398 posts
  • Name:Django
  • Fan Since:1860
  • Fav. Laker:Ain't No TV Yet

Posted June 02, 2013 - 07:43 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#31 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,226 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 03, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Paul George over LeBron if given the choice?

Wow, just simply wow.

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 03, 2013 - 01:41 AM

I actually dislike Wade more than LeBron, at this point.  Quite frankly, I don't want to see James win another ring, ever, and would rather see him lose 82 games every season, but I can't put his game on blast because he's a complete player.  He demands respect.

Wade, though...he takes cheap shots at players, he flopped his way to a championship in 2006 (monumental flopping, nothing like LeBron's flops that occur here and there), and he's jealous of a player he had to piggyback in 2012 AND this season, all because LeBron came in and took his city from him.

In addition to that, I think Wade has exaggerated a lot of his injuries over the last few years.  When I see an athlete limping, grimacing for an entire three quarters, then just two plays into the 4th, catching an oop and dunking with ease, coming down and running to stop an outlet pass and easy layup back down the court, it's pretty evident he's leading fans on.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,490 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 03, 2013 - 01:48 AM

I actually dislike Wade more than LeBron, at this point.  Quite frankly, I don't want to see James win another ring, ever, and would rather see him lose 82 games every season, but I can't put his game on blast because he's a complete player.  He demands respect.

Wade, though...he takes cheap shots at players, he flopped his way to a championship in 2006 (monumental flopping, nothing like LeBron's flops that occur here and there), and he's jealous of a player he had to piggyback in 2012 AND this season, all because LeBron came in and took his city from him.

In addition to that, I think Wade has exaggerated a lot of his injuries over the last few years.  When I see an athlete limping, grimacing for an entire three quarters, then just two plays into the 4th, catching an oop and dunking with ease, coming down and running to stop an outlet pass and easy layup back down the court, it's pretty evident he's leading fans on.

You know I remember back when I used to watch Dwayne Wade when he was in his "prime" and all I used to see was him throw himself on the ground all the time, he even had a commercial about being knocked down all the time and getting back up.  

Funny thing is the commercial is JUST like you said at the end of your post.

He gets knocked down, seems really hurt, the crowd holds their breath, the announcers are worried, and then Wade miraculously gets up and then throws down a thunderous dunk on the next play.

Found that sort of funny.

One thing I remember my dad always said though was that Wade was a serious flopper and that he threw his body on the ground to make things appear worse than it was.  But he said that because Wade puts his body through more torture doing that and by the time he was 28 or 29 he'd be an old man.   

Pretty spot on, all those years of throwing himself around on the ground and flopping to get calls has shortened his career.  He's pretty much an old man now.   If Miami wins the championship this year it will be the last one LeBron ever wins if he remains there.  

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 02:13 AM

I actually dislike Wade more than LeBron, at this point. Quite frankly, I don't want to see James win another ring, ever, and would rather see him lose 82 games every season, but I can't put his game on blast because he's a complete player. He demands respect.

In addition to that, I think Wade has exaggerated a lot of his injuries over the last few years. When I see an athlete limping, grimacing for an entire three quarters, then just two plays into the 4th, catching an oop and dunking with ease, coming down and running to stop an outlet pass and easy layup back down the court, it's pretty evident he's leading fans on.

Agree with this completely. Never liked wade. He also has tons of holes in his game for his years
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users