• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 364 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 31, 2013 - 12:15 AM

I mentioned this in the Dwight Howard topic, but it would be great if Houston goes after CP3. I think he could help them out even more than Dwight Howard could and it would obviously help the Lakers keep Dwight. If he's fine medically, I would consider him over Dwight if I were the Rockets.

Dwight is definitely the better fit for the Rockets. Houston doesn't need another PnR ball handler.

#22 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2013 - 01:02 AM

Dwight is definitely the better fit for the Rockets. Houston doesn't need another PnR ball handler.

CP3 would take the mantle of being the number 1 option off of James Harden, which I think he needs. I think the Rockets need another player to handle the ball too. Other than Harden, they really have nobody else who can create offense. I'm not a big believer in Jeremy Lin. I think he's a mediocre player. Parsons doesn't really create yet either (although he's a very good player). I think Asik is a much better starter than Lin too. CP3 and Asik > Dwight and Lin.

I think Harden misses offense being created for him at times like it was at OKC.

Edited by Japago, May 31, 2013 - 01:09 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 31, 2013 - 01:03 AM

Dwight is a fit for the Rockets if they were the same team they were last year except replacing Asik with Howard and that's it.

The problem is that Houston would have to get rid of their depth.  They've lost Garcia, are trying to trade Robinson, will likely lose Delfino as well.

That leaves none of their depth from last year and buckling the team down to just Harden and Parsons.   So the Houston core would be Harden, Parsons and Dwight, with absolutely no more money to spend to improve depth, and all they'd inherit is a loss of 3 point shooters and depth, and a worse bench with no room to grow or sign players for 2 years cause of all the money they'd spend to get Dwight and the players they'd need to drop to reasonably sign him, trying to win in the Western conference.  

In all reality Dwight would be stupid to sign there considering all they'd have to lose to get him, he'd be like Carmelo when he went to New York and they got rid of all their depth to nab him, and he'd pass up on 30 million and an extra year to do it, but Houston would do it even before the season(thus if Dwight didn't sign they'd be REALLY screwed), like Mark Cuban year after they won the championship screwed(and they barely made the playoffs anyway while healthy last year) so yeah.  If it comes down to it, they'd probably be smarter to try to add more to what they have and deepen the team instead of trying to go the superstar route on CP3 or Dwight cause they'd have to cut loose too much to sign either or to the point they'd go nowhere in the West even with them.  

If CP3 was so intent to force a sign and trade Houston would likely have to give up Lin and Asik to do it which I could see them doing but then again maybe not as they'd be taking two poison pill contracts and would run out of money to re-sign Bledsoe the following year.  Also at the same time Houston'd have even less to work with if they were trying to go for Dwight cause then they'd lose their backup center. 

So yeah Houston is better off NOT trying to sign a superstar this off-season.  Go for Josh Smith instead, a guy you don't need to give a max to.

Edited by Majesty, May 31, 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#24 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,354 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 31, 2013 - 02:57 AM

Chris, come and relived the original plan for you :)

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#25 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted May 31, 2013 - 05:10 AM

CP3 probably didn't demand for Vinny to be fired but regardless its practically been established that he didn't endorse a lot of Vinny's decisions and when he talked to Sterling he didn't at all give Vinny any optimism. In some ways it might seem like diva behavior but for s[ectators it became obvious that the Clippers offense ran through CP3, not many plays to involve other members, even he admitted the strategy was give the ball to CP3 in the playoffs.

#26 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 31, 2013 - 06:55 AM

This is good news. This means the Clippers will be the door mat for the NBA again and will continue to be the worst franchise in sports. Lets hope Chris Paul do something right for society and leave the Clippers. The world is finally back to normal.  Boy what a scare was it?

proud to be the #1 clipper hater.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#27 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,041 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted May 31, 2013 - 07:13 AM

"I have no faith in the front office over there, and I just feel some way of some how, they're going to muck it up."

- Ice Cube

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2013 - 08:41 AM

This story isn't surprising at all.  There is a reason why Sterling is considered one of the worst owners in sports history, although there was a member or two here earlier in the season that argued why Sterling was 'shedding that label'. 

Sterling does not know how to handle franchise players.  If Chris Paul re-signs, this will mark the 2nd time in Clippers history that Sterling has given a max contract to a player.  The first was Elton Brand.   Blake Griffin got a max extension, which is not the same as the max contract. 

#29 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,218 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted May 31, 2013 - 09:23 AM

JR-Smith-CP3-Towel.jpg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#30 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 364 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 31, 2013 - 12:03 PM

CP3 would take the mantle of being the number 1 option off of James Harden, which I think he needs. I think the Rockets need another player to handle the ball too. Other than Harden, they really have nobody else who can create offense. I'm not a big believer in Jeremy Lin. I think he's a mediocre player. Parsons doesn't really create yet either (although he's a very good player). I think Asik is a much better starter than Lin too. CP3 and Asik > Dwight and Lin.

I think Harden misses offense being created for him at times like it was at OKC.

My point was Dwight and Harden make one of the best PnR combos in the league. Houston would do a lot better with a big that can catch the ball.

I guess that wasn't my point but I made it my point now lull

Edited by Hit up the Post, May 31, 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#31 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,246 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 7m
For the Lakers to sign CP3, they'd have to amnesty Kobe, lose Dwight and hope CP3 would leave $28 million on the table.

Not happening

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#32 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted May 31, 2013 - 12:16 PM

My point was Dwight and Harden make one of the best PnR combos in the league. Houston would do a lot better with a big that can catch the ball.

Isn't that the same thing we said about Dwight and Nash?

#33 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 12:57 PM

It would, but I still think CP3 would benefit them more. I didn't even mention how the Rockets really need somebody to guard guards.

The roster would fit together more too. It would be easier to bench Lin than Asik. Asik can't play PF, so he would be stuck playing very little minutes behind a superstar in his prime. Lin is really a combo guard, so I think he could play some SG. If he can play both guard positions, there's still enough minutes for him off the bench.

Edited by Japago, May 31, 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image

#34 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 31, 2013 - 01:14 PM

The Knicks are waiting in the wings.

#35 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 31, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Isn't that the same thing we said about Dwight and Nash?

yes, a HEALTHY dwight and nash

what we had last year were injured shadows of themselves. and by the time dwight was close to 100%, nash was shut down for the rest of the year

2div

#36 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Actually if the rockets signed cp3 and traded Lin for a PF they would be better off than if they signed Howard.
Posted Image

#37 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Actually if the rockets signed cp3 and traded Lin for a PF they would be better off than if they signed Howard.

It will be hard to get rid of either him or Asik. Both will be making 15 mil in 2014/2015.

Posted Image

#38 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 31, 2013 - 09:32 PM

Totally agree last stand.

#39 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,218 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted June 01, 2013 - 01:10 PM

"I have no faith in the front office over there, and I just feel some way of some how, they're going to muck it up."
- Ice Cube

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users