• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:00 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...ing-their-knees

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,399 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 11:19 AM

They're right obviously and kudos to them for not holding back. He's both a flopper and dirty at the same time. As bad as it gets. No surprise why so many people don't like nor respect him as a player.

yo.

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 30, 2013 - 12:13 PM

I love how people who play actual / tough defense are now considered to be dirty.

Fans and some players of today wouldn't have last 1 minute without freaking out if basketball was played like it used be when the league was in its heyday.

#4 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:29 PM

I love how people who play actual / tough defense are now considered to be dirty.

Fans and some players of today wouldn't have last 1 minute without freaking out if basketball was played like it used be when the league was in its heyday.

i don't respect him for flopping so severely... he doesn't play like they used to play in the 90s or 80s

ap1.png

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Wolf Children

• 8,472 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:37 PM

He may flop, but he does play great defense.

MMiRi9s.png

• 40,399 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:38 PM

^ When he's not flopping or being dirty yes.

yo.

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,135 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Battier got nothing on Dwayne Wade. If you talking about dirty player, D Wade takes the cake. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#8 KB24BlackMamba

KB24BlackMamba

Rookie

• 397 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:2008

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:51 PM

And how was it played, then ? Back in its heyday. I swear a lot of these old school players/fans act like back then every possession you got elbowed. It is so overrated IMO. Yes, of course it was more phsical back then but not as much as some of you make it seem. 

Posted Image

#9 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 30, 2013 - 02:29 PM

And how was it played, then ? Back in its heyday. I swear a lot of these old school players/fans act like back then every possession you got elbowed. It is so overrated IMO. Yes, of course it was more phsical back then but not as much as some of you make it seem. 

it was much more physical back in the days. Today any hard foul is a flagrant.

#10 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,803 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:10 PM

He's not being considered dirty for his gritty defense, but for sliding into people's knees on purpose. He does this consistently, just like Bowen used to. It doesn't matter what era you're playing in, that's a dirty move no matter what. You don't slide into players knees in a sport where guys are airborne or rapidly stopping and going all over the floor. That's just bush league.

#11 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 31, 2013 - 01:26 PM

It was far more physical, far more back then.

I know a lot of younger fans don't want to admit that the league has gotten much, much softer, but it has and the game of basketball (along with the players and fans) have gotten softer from it.

Plays like that were done all the time before, all the time.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,751 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 31, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Not to mention every play he's in he seems to fall down.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,090 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2013 - 05:39 PM

Always disliked him. Surprised he's never been a Spur

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,887 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Dude seems like a nice guy, but i cant stand his flopping.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#15 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,803 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted May 31, 2013 - 11:48 PM

It was far more physical, far more back then.

I know a lot of younger fans don't want to admit that the league has gotten much, much softer, but it has and the game of basketball (along with the players and fans) have gotten softer from it.

Plays like that were done all the time before, all the time.

That's true, but going under a player on a jumper is dirty no matter what. Doesn't matter the era, you don't go out of your way to close out and bump a players knee on the way down.

And I can't really agree that it happened "all the time" back then because perimeter defense was absolute trash. I've got a collection at home of about 20+ playoff games from the 80s between good teams (Lakers/Sixers, Celtics/Pistons, Rockets/Celtics, etc.) and people were getting wide open looks all the damn time. This same trend can be seen in almost any classic game you'd see being played on NBA TV as well.

That was just how the game worked back then, there's wasn't not anywhere near as much risk of a guy closing out on your legs on a perimeter jumper. Back then it was usually playing inside (therefore more physical), so not as much risk for perimeter shooters. The game didn't really become perimeter oriented until the late 80s/early 90s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users