Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,120 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 30, 2013 - 04:38 AM

I'm sure a lot of you remember this kid

Though a lot of people wonder what happened to him?  As this video is about 5 years old and no one had heard what happened and assumed that he either stopped playing basketball, or never got good enough to return to the media eye again. 

They were wrong..

His name is Jashaun Agosto and 5 years later he has already received interests from several D1 colleges.He is also a nationally ranked player by every major ranking site. He is the only freshman on Varsity.

If you're wondering, he is 5'8 now and dunking and working out with pro basketball players every summer.

Jashaun's team (Garfield) was ranked #1 in the state with a 23-1 record class 4a and he's an even better player now.

If you're wondering who's guarding him a majority of the time, that's middle school phenom Jaylin Fleming.

To answer the question if he dunks yet, here's a video he did two years ago he had a 42 inch vertical..

So to answer your question, yes he can, mostly off of alley-oops, he's 5'8 now and projected to be 6'1 by the time he's a sophomore.

if you're looking for a full game of his, here you go

He also has a sister Juanita who is as much of an athletic marvel as him and she also plays basketball.  If you wonder how much of an athletic marvel his sister is take this into account.  She is 13 years old, 5'5, and is already grabbing the rim. 

Hope those who wondered what happened to him have got their answer, he's still very much out there, still one of the top prospects in basketball. 

Thanks :) Hope you enjoyed the update :bounce:  If I find a vid of some of his alley oop dunks I'll post it here.

Edited by Majesty, May 30, 2013 - 04:44 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 30, 2013 - 04:48 AM

tank and draft him now....

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,916 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Ha! That's interesting seeing his progress..... I remember seeing that video some years back and wondering how far he would go.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,393 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Averaged 3 ppg & 2 apg his freshman year according to MaxPreps.com

We'll see how he progresses.  He's still very young though and definitely has the tools to be an elite prospect in the next year or two. 

#5 KB24BlackMamba

KB24BlackMamba

Rookie

• 397 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Are you kidding me ? 42 inch vertical and he is dunking ? Where do you get that from ? He doesn´t have 42 inch vertical...... Prime Kobe might of had 42 inch vertical, but I´m not even so sure about that. That video where he jumps that 42 inch high box, he pulls his legs under him, under his chest, lol. If he would had 42 inch vertical then he would jump with his legs straight on that box.

This guy jumps 70 inch box jump, does it mean he has 70 inch vertical?lol, of course not. The way to measure your vertical is that you first measure your reach and then you jump and touch the highest point you can with your hand and then : Highest point - your reach = your vertical. 

I bet my life on that he doesn´t have 42 inch vertical and he sure ain´t dunking.

Edited by KB24BlackMamba, May 30, 2013 - 08:16 AM.

Posted Image

#6 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:24 AM

he wears the #24

wonder why...

#7 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 30, 2013 - 02:43 PM

He doesn't look 5'8. Looks smaller than that.

#8 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 917 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 30, 2013 - 04:29 PM

This kid has the same work ethic as kobe. Need to sign him before college and let him grow with the laker

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,120 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 09:43 PM

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,120 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 01:49 PM

And back again. 

#11 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 04:41 PM

I've never seen a kid or any basketball player finish with both hands the way he does. He went to his right and still later it up with his left, incredible.

You need atleast 42 inches to dunk at his height lol. Hell, you need 38" to dunk at my height and I'm 5'11. The kid is just a freak of nature.

Edited by Icker, February 17, 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,120 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 02:55 AM

I've never seen a kid or any basketball player finish with both hands the way he does. He went to his right and still later it up with his left, incredible.

You need atleast 42 inches to dunk at his height lol. Hell, you need 38" to dunk at my height and I'm 5'11. The kid is just a freak of nature.

yeah and at 16 still pretty impressive, but from the most recent vid I saw of him he can get the ball over the rim and dunk it, not with full force yet though, by his Junior year he'll likely be dunking with more force which is still darn impressive.  

That family is just athletically gifted.  Have you seen his little sister?  Shorter and younger than he is but already she's nearly touching the rim ..

1:30

What is in this family's genes!?!?!?!?  :bounce:

#13 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,965 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 08:36 AM

It is all pedigree. Father prolly had them hitting sit up since they were 3. You could do the same thing with your kids and see similar results to be honest. The girl is a freak though, girls are not meant to be jumping that high lol. She could be a legit Olympic athlete.

I just do not understand this dumb craze about socks within my generation. They are socks bruh, you shouldn't be spend 20 bucks a pair on socks lmao

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users