Photo

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Canelo Alvarez on September 14th.

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,211 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 14, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Mayweather had to be the boringest big prize fighter in the history of the sport, but I respect his craft. Hopefully can Canelo can be the first Mexican to get to him.

I don't find him boring at all. I love pure technical boxing.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#42 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:06 PM

I appreciate it, but I'm used to all out Latino brawls. Been brought up on. I think the Gomez and the Argentinian is going to end up being the best fight of the night.

#43 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:07 PM

That Garcia fight was [expletive]ing awesome.

#44 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Lol my bad, Garcia.

#45 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,348 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:17 PM

Here we go baby!!! Lets go Floyd!!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#46 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,211 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:17 PM

That Garcia fight was [expletive]ing awesome.

I appreciate it, but I'm used to all out Latino brawls. Been brought up on. I think the Gomez and the Argentinian is going to end up being the best fight of the night.

Lol that's what I was brought up on too

Garcia crazy at the end. Coulda got hit by that lucky KO n lost his fight

21lsbya.jpg

#47 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 14, 2013 - 08:29 PM

LOL Lil Wayne and Bieber trying to look like a hard ass.

[expletive], I can't even man... that [expletive] is just too easy to clown on.

#48 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,348 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted September 14, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hard Work Easy Work!!!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#49 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Mayweather is just too good :(

#50 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,151 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted September 14, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Canelo lost focus of his strategy by like round 7

#51 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,540 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 09:37 PM

floyd is sick, but dude lost some serious brownie points bringing those clowns lil wayne and bieber along lol

Edited by Clutch, September 14, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#52 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,657 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:06 PM

money dominated...finally took the fight everyone wanted him to and handled it

very enjoyable fight to watch

i too was very disappointed in bieber being in his entourage

Posted Image

#53 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,371 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:33 PM

watched it at an AMC movie theatre crazy cool experience!

Coming in I already knew Mayweather had this in the bag! once he got into Canelo's head in the 2nd rd it was over!

#54 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Didn't he have Bieber and wayne in his entourage last fight?... Good win though.. Made me some money lol.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#55 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,211 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:49 PM

Didn't he have Bieber and wayne in his entourage last fight?... Good win though.. Made me some money lol.

Just Wayne

21lsbya.jpg

#56 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Maybe not last fight.. but I remember seeing him...

bieber-floyd-50.jpg

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

• 40,407 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 11:16 PM

No one's beating Mayweather after this. Canelo was the last & greatest hope. Floyd will finish out his contract and that's that.

Too smart, too much defense, too much scoring points, & too much moving around the ring.

He can care less if fans love his style or not, it's all about him, his family, his record, and the money at the end of the day.

Give him credit though also on his salesmanship. He often gives the people false hope & illusions that he's gonna' make it an exciting & great fight back & forth, but at the end of the day, it's always the same story. He ain't looking to please no one stylistically really. Just get in there, play D, score points, move around, and get the win. Don't gotta' be flashy, don't gotta' look for the knockout, don't gotta' have the most power, don't gotta' always bloody the other guy up. Defense & points & give me my money. That's pretty much it like it or not.

Personally I don't hate the guy or anything, but I'm not exactly a fan either. His style is not my cup of tea, however, that does not mean I can't respect what he's doing out there and how he's doing it time & time again. Not an exciting style or way of fighting to me, but who cares, he's winning and you can't take that away from him.

It's funny he once said something along the lines of.. for all the fans that root against me and or hate me, I still love y'all too cause y'all are still buying my fights and giving me money, lol. Cocky son of a gun, but he's right. Facts are facts.

I also do appreciate that although he obviously still has his cocky persona & a lot of that I believe is for money reasons obviously as well (you can't be too boring, especially if your fighting style already sorta is for a lot of people gotta' make up for it in other areas), he has genuinely seemed to become a lot more humble since his prison experience. Nice to see that he took something positive from that and gained a seemingly healthier perspective on things.

This. Most people, especially casual fans appreciate this more. Mayweather mainly still draws cause of his record obviously and so many people wanting to see him finally go down. Make no mistake about it, the majority of those folks aren't paying because he's their favorite fighter to watch from an aesthetical standpoint in the world.

It's too bad though that not more people have HBO or Showtime it seems. There's a ton of great fights over there people miss out on and I mean legitimate action back & forth bloody messes & battles. Crowd pleasers really. On Showtime usually more cause of Golden Boy dominating Top Rank overall.

Best case scenario of course would be for boxing to return to how it used to be and allow easier access to more people to watch. That could potentially blow it up more again, but oh well, what are ya' gonna' do?

yo.

#58 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 11:38 PM

This. Most people, especially casual fans appreciate this more. Mayweather mainly still draws cause of his record obviously and so many people wanting to see him finally go down. Make no mistake about it, the majority of those folks aren't paying because he's their favorite fighter to watch from an aesthetical standpoint in the world.

It's too bad though that not more people have HBO or Showtime it seems. There's a ton of great fights over there people miss out on and I mean legitimate action back & forth bloody messes & battles. Crowd pleasers really. On Showtime usually more cause of Golden Boy dominating Top Rank overall.

Best case scenario of course would be for boxing to return to how it used to be and allow easier access to more people to watch. That could potentially blow it up more again, but oh well, what are ya' gonna' do?

Totally agree with you. That's why I was kinda peeved off about all the hype going into the fight about this being the fight of the year. If anybody thought that this fight was going to be legendary going in, obviously never seen a Floyd Mayweather fight. I've watched countless number of fights with my dad and grandpa on Saturday nights that were far more entertaining then tonight's. I even remember watching a young Canelo on tele mundo and my grandfather kept on telling me that he's next. It's a shame that boxing doesn't have the luster that it once had. At least for the casual fan who tuned tonight saw that its a beautiful art for the tactful, crafty, and gritty athlete.

#59 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,388 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted September 15, 2013 - 12:46 AM

If you thought canelo had any chance of beating Floyd... Come on dude
Canelo was pure media hype, he isn't that bad but he isn't good right now... he could be
Canelo is a product of televisa marketing department
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 40,407 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 12:57 AM

Mayweather has found a loop in the boxing code and is going to ride it as long as he can. It may not be the most courageous nor exciting style for many or most, but wins are wins and he can care less if it looks pretty or not while he's doing it.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users