Photo

What are your top ten open world / sandbox games?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,383 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted July 10, 2013 - 06:14 PM

whats the difference?

in my experience, I have never really thought the special edition was ever worth it...

to tell the truth, I cannot even get thru the game...

WAY TOO lineaur for me...way too much story telling... way too dumbed down from the prior game (oblivion, which is far superior game)

I been playing kerbal space program, and I love it... designing rockets, and luaching them into space, staging the rockets, getting into orbit, slingshoting around towards the mun... everything I do is on me... while... other games make you go thru this door, down this path, and fight this enemy...

Only games I play now are sandbox games that offer freedom, Sports games, and RTS games (total War, which is kinda sandbox, as you get a map of a world, and you go from there... I don't HAVE to invade belguim as Holland... I can ddo whatever I want, invade hannover, or backstab the brittsh...

Minecraft

DayZ

Kerbal Space Program

Empire Total War

NBA 2k

that's my rotation of games right now

i know your post is a month old lol

but with what you got a problem is the reason those games are really something, storytelling is why elder scrolls and gta always steal the show, in gta is a character driven plot as we saw in gta IV, in skyrim is always a quest to save the world you know, our character doesnt talk, we get the emotions from everyone else.

you played fallout 3? liam nesson gave our character father real life, man thats something everyones want in a game, talent in voice acting, the oblivion you love, what about patrick stewart role? storytelling IS IMPORTANT for a game to be really good. most games are like call of duty to linear and generic to truly care for, everyones love multiplayer, singleplayer is a dying art nowdays.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,065 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 15, 2013 - 09:47 PM

I honestly hated Saints Row 2.

because the character just became an idiotic [expletive] hole wanna be thug. 

The storyline was great, but the character was just an idiot. 

I really liked how much more calculating you are in the first Saints Row and the 3rd Saints Row. 

But in the 2nd he or she just seemed like the same kind of wanna-be thug shoot up everything idiot that has learned absolutely nothing in his experiences.  

So I wasn't really feeling Saints Row 2 that much cause it made the character one dimensional.

Liked the 3rd a lot more.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,554 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:09 AM

the oblivion you love, what about patrick stewart role?

I couldnt tell you...

In my game, I never started the main quest... there are no oblivion gates...

My oblivion world just exists as a world, without the hellish gates and madness going on, just a prestine world....

The character played the entire game, without doing a single main quest, and racked up about 200 hours, and got to lvl 49 with over a 250k gold

you played fallout 3?

yes... it was alright... never cared for story or cut scenes, but the good/evil choices are fun.. and worth it...

The newest game I have been playing...

a 1$ game on XBL indie section...

Shark Attack Team DeathMatch...

Wow...

Never a better dollar spent...

The tension.. the fear... the chance that any moment a great white shark can attack you from behind, kill you and end it all...

This game give more tense moments then 99% of the 60$ games that try to manufacture tense situations...

how.. by letting tense situations develop naturally...

me and my buddy took turns...

hunting sharks... at first, just getting a couple kills was intense, and hard...

Soon, we were lasting 5+ mins, killing about 5 sharks...

to last an entire 10 mins session is intense...

The first 10 min session I lasted I got 14 kills

The game is quite hard... very unforgiving... very simple... kill sharks.. get oxygen tanks, stay alive...

this is also possibly the scariest game ever made...

#24 flota

flota

• 2,383 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 06:21 PM

i did the same in oblivion, skyrim, fallout, started the main quest after i was practically a god in the game (second or third character)

thats why you dont appreciate those games dude, the games are awesome when you start caring about the main quest, thats what shines in those games, i will wait for TES VI and fallout 4. new vegas wasnt something i would pick up after knights of the old republic 2 by obsidian...

i logged 600 hours in oblivion in 2 chars lol (xbox) loved that game, i got it for pc for another 400 hours, if my pc could hold skyrim at max man... lol

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,554 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 11:15 AM

i did the same in oblivion, skyrim, fallout, started the main quest after i was practically a god in the game (second or third character)

thats why you dont appreciate those games dude, the games are awesome when you start caring about the main quest, thats what shines in those games, i will wait for TES VI and fallout 4. new vegas wasnt something i would pick up after knights of the old republic 2 by obsidian...

i logged 600 hours in oblivion in 2 chars lol (xbox) loved that game, i got it for pc for another 400 hours, if my pc could hold skyrim at max man... lol

I don't think there has ever been a game where I cared one way or another about the storyline...

Im fine with the Mario type story line... Hey, lets rescue princess... Opp she isn't here.. lets try again...

In fact, in the game, Rome Total War, there is no storyline, no cut scenes, but, I felt a DEEP connection with the charecters in that game...

there were 4 houses in my roman faction, and it was satisfying to see the father lead an army, then his son lead an army, and then his grandson lead an army... I would be bummed when a general was killed, especially if he hadn't had any sons yet...

hmm..

I sersiouly cannot think of games that are story heavy that can keep me interested past a cut scene...

Like Warcraft... Warcraft 1 &2 I played A LOT...

Warcraft 3, I turned off after 20 mins, because 18 of those first mins of gameplay were cut scenes...

Mass effect was unplayable... by all accounts, a very well made game, I couldn't get 15 mins into it...

I like my games to focus around fun...

#26 flota

flota

• 2,383 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Story driven games are my thing lol

We enjoy different things
I think we can agree to disagree :)

I have high hopes for the next fallout

Edited by flota, July 18, 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Imposible is nothing.

#27 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,554 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Absolutly!!!

Fallout was kinda fun though...

New Vegas is a blast, I just hate how it forces you to go certain ways, and do certain things...

#28 flota

flota

• 2,383 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Absolutly!!!

Fallout was kinda fun though...
New Vegas is a blast, I just hate how it forces you to go certain ways, and do certain things...

Obsidian bro
Imposible is nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users