Photo

Dez Bryant Thinks LeBron Would Be A "Beast" In NFL (Pg. 2); Joe Theisman Thinks LeBron Could Be A Quarterback In The NFL After Retiring

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 03:46 PM

That's because football doesn't translate to basketball like basketball translates to football. Let me ask you, how many success stories have you heard of former basketball players converting to football oppose to football players converting basketball? I can only think of one, Charlie Ward. It's been proven by the number that's its possible for Basketball athletes to make the jump to football. So yeah, you can't compare Calvin Johnson and say he can play in the NBA, but you can speculate NBA players to the NFL alot easier.

#42 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:12 PM

That's because football doesn't translate to basketball like basketball translates to football. Let me ask you, how many success stories have you heard of former basketball players converting to football oppose to football players converting basketball? I can only think of one, Charlie Ward. It's been proven by the number that's its possible for Basketball athletes to make the jump to football. So yeah, you can't compare Calvin Johnson and say he can play in the NBA, but you can speculate NBA players to the NFL alot easier.

how often does an NFL player try to?  Who says Lebron James can run a route convincingly that wont give it away? Football and especially at the level of the NFL, is a game of chess.   How good are his hands?  I think if Lebron chose to pursue football he would have the potential of being an all pro player, but he wouldn't be as good as he is at basketball.

ap1.png

#43 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:23 PM

how often does an NFL player try to? Who says Lebron James can run a route convincingly that wont give it away? Football and especially at the level of the NFL, is a game of chess. How good are his hands? I think if Lebron chose to pursue football he would have the potential of being an all pro player, but he wouldn't be as good as he is at basketball.

They don't try because they're incapable of it. Basketball athletes who couldn't cut it for the NBA turn to the NFL all the time. Football players stay as football players, or often times baseball. The way it is, basketball is the sport where the country's premier athletes play and are talented enough to drop off and play professionally in other sports. And yes I agree with you, Lebron won't run the NFL, but that doesn't mean he won't compete and be a very good player in the league.

#44 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:34 PM

They don't try because they're incapable of it. Basketball athletes who couldn't cut it for the NBA turn to the NFL all the time. Football players stay as football players, or often times baseball. The way it is, basketball is the sport where the country's premier athletes play and are talented enough to drop off and play professionally in other sports. And yes I agree with you, Lebron won't run the NFL, but that doesn't mean he won't compete and be a very good player in the league.

Well there are many NFL'ers that played college basketball but decided to play football and not entirely because they are incapable of it.  Premier players are in both leagues; NFL and NBA, not so much MLB now-a-days *more are going to eventually go into soccer maybe*. There are freaks of nature in the NFL just as much as the NBA, probably more so.

So, you are telling me, there aren't players who could replace a player like Duhon?

ap1.png

#45 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:50 PM

They're two completely different sports. Just because Lebron James is a great NBA talent does not mean he would be a great NFL talent. The training is different, the skills are different, the physicality is a whole lot different, the preparation is different, the body types are different...it's just an altogether different type of sport. 

What NBA player dropped the round ball and then had success in the NFL??? 

Edited by Windu, August 07, 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#46 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 07, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I always found basketba more difficult because I'm not very coordinated. I walked on a football field for the first time during high school and started both ways, called up midway during my sophomore year for varsity. Granted, my high school wasn't very talented, I just found football to be alot easier than playing basketball.

In Basketball one person can carry a team. Just sayin.

• 40,603 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 06:32 PM

LeBron shows off NFL look

lebronfootballone081313.jpg

lebronfootballtwo081313.jpg

Edited by    , August 13, 2013 - 09:31 PM.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users