Photo

Dez Bryant Thinks LeBron Would Be A "Beast" In NFL (Pg. 2); Joe Theisman Thinks LeBron Could Be A Quarterback In The NFL After Retiring

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:12 PM

I was referring to the fix

:laughing: My bad.

Still, my point does stand. One must generally be a tad more weary than usual with fido around. I know that might come off as a diss, but it's not, he's only doing his job to how he personally feels is best suited.

yo.

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 27, 2013 - 09:44 PM

You be here a while and you learn how to approach each mod/admin. For the most part, Fido and I have an understanding

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Dez Bryant thinks LeBron would be a "beast" in the NFL:

yo.

#24 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Just at QB is dubious, the man has terrible form on jumpshots, why would you assume he has precision or even proper handling. Imagine Lebron pitching.

Although QB's now seem less and less to rely on their arms and more on their legs so eh.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,181 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 03, 2013 - 05:21 AM

would flopping work?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted August 03, 2013 - 06:21 PM

would flopping work?

Ask Brady!!!!

#27 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 03, 2013 - 07:38 PM

No way in hell Lebron could handle being in the NFL dude is a vagina for how physically imposing he is

Exactly. And to make it seem like it's just a cake walk to get play football(let alone in the NFL) is an insult to people who work their whole entire lives to reach it.

Brock Lesnar, a guy who has played and exceled in many sports ranging from ametuar and professional wrestling and MMA couldn't cut it in the NFL, or Dwayne " The Rock" Johnson who won a national championship at Miami couldn't cut it in the NFL, among others who train their whole lives for that specific profession don't make it nor excel.

Why would someone think Lebron James, A basketball player, would just get in and be good. It's blasphemous. 

Edited by Paris, August 03, 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#28 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,227 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted August 04, 2013 - 07:47 AM

I always thought shaq would have been a fun NFL player...

Lebron too I guess...

But, at a simple possision... like DE or OLB or something... just simple...

I bet Lebron would score like a 4 or a 5 on the wonderlic...

#29 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,031 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'd like to see Lebron in the NFL haha.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 03:05 PM

Why would someone think Lebron James, A basketball player, would just get in and be good. It's blasphemous. 

Stephen A. Smith is that you?

yo.

#31 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Lebron would destroy the NFL. Imagine splitting his 6'8 260 frame out wide and matching up against a corner. He'll basically be unstoppable, he's too great of an athlete to not be great at football lol.

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 12:38 PM

^ He'd have to show us he can embrace the physicality though, something he hasn't always done in the NBA. Instead, he usually whines & complains or flops when that happens.

yo.

#33 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 01:53 PM

There's plenty of football prima donnas who hate the physical nature if the sport. All I always saw football as the sport that athletes play when they figure out they aren't good enough to play basketball or baseball at a high level. Football is a sport where you just have to be bigger and more athletic than everyone else and you'll find yourself on a roster and Lebron has that to his advantage.

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:02 PM

There's plenty of football prima donnas who hate the physical nature if the sport. All I always saw football as the sport that athletes play when they figure out they aren't good enough to play basketball or baseball at a high level. Football is a sport where you just have to be bigger and more athletic than everyone else and you'll find yourself on a roster and Lebron has that to his advantage.

:facepalm:

He may be 6'8 and whatever but on the basketball court...he sometimes plays like he's softer than Charmin'. That's not gonna fly in the NFL. The players that are sometimes recognized as "prima donnas" in the NFL are almost always wide receivers because most of them complain about not getting the ball. Lebron's flopping tendencies would make him a natural as Kicker though. 

Basketball requires a greater height...football requires a greater mass and physicality. 

Running around in full pads and a helmet is a lot different than running around in gym shorts and a headband.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,726 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:17 PM

such a fail lol. The avg. career in the NFL is three years. Thats how tough it is. 

this is waiting for lebron w2lME.gif

goldsonhit.gif

bey-mundy.gif

ap1.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:18 PM

Lol Aaron Hernandez.

yo.

#37 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 07, 2013 - 02:35 PM

This better be a joke or I can't take anything you say in this thread serious anymore. Take this from a guy who played both in school, Football is alot more difficult to excel in then Basketball.

#38 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 03:04 PM

I can't believe this a real discussion, Lebron is one of the greatest athletes that world has ever seen. Football is a sport that asks for pure physical gifts then any other proffesional sport in the America. Yes it physically demanding and tough, but Lebron is just that talented to make the adjustments. Yes he doesn't have the grit to play on the defensive side or run a route down the middle, any nfl coach with a right mind can recognize that. They're going to split him out on the edge and allow him to use his physical gifts for fade patterns or jump balls. Hes just a natural force of nature.

#39 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 03:09 PM

This better be a joke or I can't take anything you say in this thread serious anymore. Take this from a guy who played both in school, Football is alot more difficult to excel in then Basketball.

I always found basketba more difficult because I'm not very coordinated. I walked on a football field for the first time during high school and started both ways, called up midway during my sophomore year for varsity. Granted, my high school wasn't very talented, I just found football to be alot easier than playing basketball.

#40 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 03:22 PM

His athleticism is irrelevant when it comes to the NFL. Do you know how many collegiate athletes don't even come close to the NFL and how many fail if they actually make it there? Lebron James knows professional basketball...that's his area of expertise...not football.

Just because Calvin Johnson is arguably the best WR in the NFL doesn't mean he can make a squad in the NBA as a shooting guard or small forward. It's apples and oranges.

No favorable whistles in the NFL to save his ass.

Edited by Windu, August 07, 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users