Just A Fan

• 3,396 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 26, 2013 - 04:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=9309562

Q: How his role in D'Antoni's staff changed:

- Under Phil Jackson first, and then Mike Brown, my primary role was defense. But when Mike D'Antoni took over, he wanted to implement his offense, which was his perogative to make the team better going forward. So there wasn't anything I could do with it, and I just had to fit in with whatever role was given to me.

Q: How his release came about:

- I got a call from Mike (D'Antoni) telling me he would me more comfortable bringing in his own coaching staff, which I understood, but I was a little surprised.

Story last season when Andrew Bynum shot a 3-pt and got benched, Kobe Bryant, as the Team Captain, didn't hold Bynum accountable and actually catered to Bynum's action. So Chuck Person got into Kobe's face in the locker room for not being accountable.

Q: What did he say to Kobe about being more accountable regarding that Bynum 3-pt:

- What makes a good assistant is loyalty. What was said, whatever goes in house stays in house.

Q: Why Mike D'Antoni's system didn't worked:

- D'Antoni said on his own accord "3-Pointer takes priority over a Post-up". He said that himself to the team. But eventually the ball has to go inside some, so then of course he made the adjustments, although it was a little late for everyone's liking. But he did it, and we benefited from it going 28-12. Does his system fit everyone? That's to be determined. If a guy doesn't like to play in his system then they'll leave, if they like it, they'll stay.

Q: D'Antoni's relationship with Dwight:

- Dwight Howard's relationship with Mike D'Antoni is... serviceable. When you have 4 superstars like we have last year, not everyone would be happy. You have Kobe who is always strong headed, etc. You have 4 dynamic guys that have been elites and you have a coach that comes in who wants to play with a system that doesn't fit with all the guys. So everyone's to blame, everyone has to comeback and sacrifice to achieve more.

Q: Describe Dwight as a player, and as a person:

- I have a good relationship with Dwight. Whoever gets Dwight will have a special special player in their hands. The guy came back 3 months early because he wanted to show Lakers fans he wanted to play for the Lakers. Once he got into shape we were a Top 5 defensive team in the league. When he's out of the game we are just ranked #26 in defensive efficiency, that's a big discrepancy. Whoever gets this guy, that team will be a championship team every year.

Q: Where do you guess Dwight will sign:

- Dwight loves LA. He loves the city. He knows being here is the creme of the crop. But I know this, he doesn't want to be in a place always fighting just to get into the next round. He's going to go to a team that has the best talent around, and he's going to weigh his options on which team gives him the best chance of winning. This is Dwight's first time in free agency, this is the biggest time in his life. He has the right to be selfish and do what's best for himself, what's best for his family.

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=9309562

Three pointer over the post? I will miss Chuck P. smh
Posted Image

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 04:12 PM

D'Antoni said on his own accord "3-Pointer takes priority over a Post-up".

Why is this buffoon still here?

Just wow

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,396 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Terrible post season record!
Doesn't know how to work with bigs.... Star Bigs!
Only success he had was with a younger Steve Nash and when Shaq went to Phoenix..... We all know what happens then..
Posted Image

#4 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted May 26, 2013 - 04:36 PM

Lol, no one likes Mike.

Posted Image

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,396 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Lol, no one likes Mike.

My apologies... Like is a really soft term. Haha
Posted Image

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 26, 2013 - 04:59 PM

[expletive]ing dumb ass hire

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 26, 2013 - 06:39 PM

SMH, so much hatred in your hearts...nothing to see here

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 26, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Why is this buffoon still here?

Just wow

Because he changed his mind

Otherwise he'd have been fired while we missed the playoffs trying to run his offense.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 26, 2013 - 07:11 PM

Has anyone said anything positive about D'Antoni outside of two people that ironically post here at LN?

3 pointer over the post? Awesome.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm sure there's many a member that would rather he didn't change his mind now that the knowledge that Jim was about to fire him came out before the turnaround that saved it.  

#11 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,698 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 08:34 PM

3-pointers over post-ups?

He would have liked Bynum then, lol.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, May 26, 2013 - 08:34 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#12 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 528 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted May 26, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

#13 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,695 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 26, 2013 - 09:13 PM

guys guys...a three pointer you get three points. post ups give you only 2 points. 3>2 dantoni is right on this one.

Edited by ツ  , May 26, 2013 - 09:13 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 09:16 PM

y-u-no2.png

yo.

#15 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted May 26, 2013 - 11:12 PM

That's just retarded regardless if he changed his system. How stupid is this coach going to be? The fact that you inherited a team with size as its strength should be a notion that you should prioritize the paint. He needed someone to threaten his job so he'd change his system? [expletive]in dickface mcpenis

#16 L.A.7

L.A.7

Rookie

• 72 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 12:31 AM

Wow. "OFFENSIVE GENIUS GUYS"! I get the feeling that a good majority of the assistant coaches did not like D'Antoni or his system and beliefs. 3 pointer over post up? Must have been real happy when Dwight hit that 3 earlier in the season.

Btw, since we went 28-12, it was due to Kobe going iso on the wing or post and playing from there and making plays by reading the defense. That type of offense will not work in the playoffs once adjustments are made.

#17 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted May 27, 2013 - 03:36 AM

MDA would be much better in Milwaukee or Dallas. If this Ahole loses D12 for us that would really suck.  At the same time if MDA goes you might as well send Nash with him

#18 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,553 posts

Posted May 27, 2013 - 04:44 AM

MDA would be much better in Milwaukee or Dallas. If this Ahole loses D12 for us that would really suck.  At the same time if MDA goes you might as well send Nash with him

Why?  Nash doesn't want to play main PnR point guard and has stated many times he'd rather be off ball, back when Mike Brown was here when no one believed him and said he was just being a good guy, and when D'antoni was here and Nash said he didn't think he(D'antoni) was the ideal guy for the job.

Nash would be just fine with another coach asking him to shoot off ball which he wants to do now anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users