389 replies to this topic

#161 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 29, 2013 - 12:16 PM

No one earns a ring by themselves. It doesn't matter who it is. Every superstar needs help to win a championship. Lebron needed another superstar in Dwade, Mike needed Pippen, Kobe needed Gasol/Shaq, Etcc... Then there are those teams that play perfect together with the perfect Coach, and amazing team defense ('04 Pistons, '08 Celtics, etc) Winning championships is a team effort...

Lebron never earned a ring by himself either he will get the same hate Kobe did/is getting.

Edited by Ham, May 29, 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,548 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 12:42 PM

Every superstar needs help to win a championship. Lebron needed another superstar in Dwade, Mike needed Pippen, Kobe needed Gasol/Shaq, Etcc...

Although just to be accurate, I'm not sure if Gasol's ever been quite a "superstar". Star yes, but "superstar"..

yo.

#163 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 01:22 PM

Although just to be accurate, I'm not sure if Gasol's ever been quite a "superstar". Star yes, but "superstar"..

Gasol was a beast in the post. I still remember when people were calling him the best PF just because of his post moves and comparing him to Tim Duncan.

Gasol + Odom is basically the same value as a superstar (cp3). LOLOL

#164 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 29, 2013 - 01:36 PM

Neither is Pippen.

Gasol was a beast in the post.

Gasol and beast should never go in the same sentence.

Edited by TheOriginalCZM, May 29, 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#165 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 29, 2013 - 01:36 PM

WAS
WAS
WAS

Edited by Windu, May 29, 2013 - 01:37 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#166 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,726 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 29, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Neither is Pippen.

Pippen was better than Gasol. No doubt about that.

And you still haven't answered the question. What is your statement supposed to mean?

#167 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,672 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 29, 2013 - 05:21 PM

Two different positions. But okay
Posted Image

#168 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Neither is Pippen.

lol spoiled fan much. Prove to me that Gasol wasn't a beast in the post in the 2008-2010. and Yes Windu, He WAS amazing. You can't argue about those seasons. He WAS a beast.

And when I said superstars always had help, i didn't mean superstars having help from just superstars.... 

#169 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 29, 2013 - 07:00 PM

He was okay. Much more assertive...more decisive...more effective. Never at superstar level...never a defensive enforcer or anything close to it.

Now he's just some dude on the payroll.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#170 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 30, 2013 - 11:14 AM

This assumes Kobe retires and does not re-sign.  I would not necessary assume that. 

#171 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted June 01, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Paul George is turning into a superstar.. dude has mad game

#172 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted June 01, 2013 - 10:49 PM

If he beats LeBron and Miami in this Game 7 on Monday, I can't imagine what he's going to do against the rest of the league next season...because the thing is, you only get better by playing the best.  LeBron is the best player in the league right now, and one of the most notable things about Paul George is that he is not intimidated.

He assigns himself to LeBron on the defensive end, and he comes back down on offense and goes after him (when LeBron is on him).

I'm glad he's wearing #24, because while he's not dropping 30+ every night, he has that killer instinct inside of him, and he's not afraid of the big spotlight anymore.

#173 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,322 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 11:03 PM

If he beats LeBron and Miami in this Game 7 on Monday, I can't imagine what he's going to do against the rest of the league next season...because the thing is, you only get better by playing the best. LeBron is the best player in the league right now, and one of the most notable things about Paul George is that he is not intimidated.

He assigns himself to LeBron on the defensive end, and he comes back down on offense and goes after him (when LeBron is on him).

I'm glad he's wearing #24, because while he's not dropping 30+ every night, he has that killer instinct inside of him, and he's not afraid of the big spotlight anymore.

He's interesting. You watch him and he seem like he has everything, but then at the same time I feel like he's missing that extra flash like Kobe and all the other great perimeter guys had

He almost reminds me of Duncan in a weird way. I'm hesitant to consider him a superstar but at the same time he's making it difficult not to, those big 3s, lockdown defense, and passing make it tough

His quiet demeanor though make it tough to put him where he could be headed. I will say that I like both he and Irving more than Durant. I think Durant has more holes in his game than they do. I think george has the potential to be a complete player. He's already a shooter, passer, defender.

Now he just really needs to improve his finishing and ball handling. He also has big potential in the post. I think it's a lock that Indiana matches anything thrown at him now. No chance he leaves as a restricted.
Posted Image

#174 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,961 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 01, 2013 - 11:03 PM

If he beats LeBron and Miami in this Game 7 on Monday, I can't imagine what he's going to do against the rest of the league next season...because the thing is, you only get better by playing the best.  LeBron is the best player in the league right now, and one of the most notable things about Paul George is that he is not intimidated.

Yes it really does put game 1 into perspective.

Can you imagine what it would have done to history if the Pacers had won game one and THIS game was the one that Paul George and the Pacers eliminated the Heat and LeBron with?

Game 7 is going to be big for both of them, if George stays consistent and Stephenson has one of his "im on fire today" JR Smith games(cause he's hot or cold) it's gonna take either a superhuman effort from Lebron or Bosh and Wade to resurface.

Either way, George has made a name for himself and the most unfortunate realization is that if Granger was healthy, George would have never gotten this chance.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#175 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,322 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 11:07 PM

If the pacers lose west, which is possible, then that opens up granger for pau.

If granger is healthy he fits here. He's a shooter and guy who can get to the rim. Big IF on the healthy part though.
Posted Image

#176 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted June 02, 2013 - 02:46 AM

first thing he needs to do...

change his jersey number to 13...

PG13

dude would be huge...

#177 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,354 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 02, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Paul George is on that Rondo level.

Can't put up amazing numbers every night.

#178 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,354 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 02, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Gasol was good in the paint but great at finishing.
Catch and shoot or catch and lay up.

Good in the post, against shorter defenders.

#179 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,471 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 09:49 AM

The only reason it is going 7 is because Wade has forgot how to play.  Wade is bringing the pain this series, and having to make LeBron do everything. Those so called "Super Friends" of LeBron are Super Pathetic, right now. Also they struggled with them last year, so I think LeBron is going to do a Boston game 6 again to save the Miami Heat life's again. 

Also playing the way the Pacers want you to play is just doing the Heat a major disservice.

:laughing:

Edited by Chad, June 02, 2013 - 09:58 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#180 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 10:43 AM

People keep talking about the play of Wade and Bosh, but Indiana deserves a lot of credit.

Defensively they are making the Heat work and causing further issues to a struggling Wade and Bosh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)