Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,752 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 23, 2013 - 04:19 AM

Maybe in 5 years lol

Damn Paul George sign 90 mil on 5 year contract RIP lakers

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#383 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,752 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 23, 2013 - 04:24 AM

You realize OKC is a very small market that doesnt have the revenues to support 3 max players.  Another thing that keeps getting ignored is what HARDEN wanted outside of the money.  You don't think him and OKC had a disagreement in his role going forward? You think Harden wanted to be a 6th man for the next 4 years of his career?  It's clear as day he is a star player.  At some point they were going to outgrow each other.  They had 0 chance IMO of holding on to Harden.  Amnestying Perk would have done nothing to change that.  Pay Harden and be locked into 3 max wing players with one at some point thinking he's as good as the others while they have already pretty much made KD and RW the official Batman and Robin of the team. 

Everyone said the same thing about OKC. Then OKC started getting cheap and there goes harden. Same thing will happen with the pacers. They got 2 years to win it all. After that they will lose players to save money.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#384 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,050 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 23, 2013 - 04:37 AM

You realize OKC is a very small market that doesnt have the revenues to support 3 max players.  Another thing that keeps getting ignored is what HARDEN wanted outside of the money.  You don't think him and OKC had a disagreement in his role going forward? You think Harden wanted to be a 6th man for the next 4 years of his career?  It's clear as day he is a star player.  At some point they were going to outgrow each other.  They had 0 chance IMO of holding on to Harden.  Amnestying Perk would have done nothing to change that.  Pay Harden and be locked into 3 max wing players with one at some point thinking he's as good as the others while they have already pretty much made KD and RW the official Batman and Robin of the team. 

Amnesty Perkins = you keep Harden.  They'd have been able to pay him what he wanted and keep him regardless of what that "role" was. He was playing over 30 mins a game, he was Sepholosha was just filler till harden came in, pretty simple.

OKC didn't. 

No matter how many paragraphs you use to try to defend them.  They blew it on a relatively simple decision.

Edited by Majesty, September 23, 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#385 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,346 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted September 23, 2013 - 05:24 AM

so no george in 2014 for us i guess....

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#386 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:05 AM

There's always new talent in the league and we have plenty of other options

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#387 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:08 AM

I was the only one saying here that this was a pipe dream and so many of you here where like NO NO we getting him all because of one silly article. .. -_- lol. 

Laker fan for life.

#388 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:14 AM

I was the only one saying here that this was a pipe dream and so many of you here where like NO NO we getting him all because of one silly article. .. -_- lol.

Dwight, Nash was a pipe dream. We got them. Anything is possible. And any possibility will probably end up in forum filled with Laker fans

Edited by Ham, September 23, 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#389 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Dwight, Nash was a pipe dream. We got them. Anything is possible. And any possibility will probably end up in forum filled with Laker fans

Sigh, I actually put logic into my argument in the past. Nash/Howard were always possibilities. George I always said was the longest shot? you know why? Because he was a restricted free agent. Even if we offered him the world.. The pacers could always MATCH. Dont know why ANYONE got excited over Paul George to be honest. 

Laker fan for life.

#390 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,917 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 23, 2013 - 02:30 PM

This thread is now moot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users