389 replies to this topic

#321 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,738 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 22, 2013 - 05:31 PM

They'll likely try to extend him, it's his choice.  If he denies them in 2014 and then in 2015 he becomes unrestricted I think.

Seriously doubt that happens

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#322 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,015 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 22, 2013 - 05:37 PM

Seriously doubt that happens

Depends how Cleveland does.

If they are still a losing team and LeBron doesn't go there in 2014 he very well could turn them down twice and become unrestricted.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#323 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,771 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 22, 2013 - 06:41 PM

http://basketball.re...t-Be-Smart-Move

Doesn't look promising.

#324 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,738 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Right now their future looks a lot brighter than the Lakers...no reason for him to turn down guaranteed 11-15M two str8 years only to bounce to LA

Depends how Cleveland does.

If they are still a losing team and LeBron doesn't go there in 2014 he very well could turn them down twice and become unrestricted.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#325 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,865 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:22 PM

I think all we need is one of these youngsters next year.

If it's Melo or LeBron(it's NOT going to be LeBron) Obviously you give the MAX

But if it's not one of those guys , I think all others are about 11-16, so you can build from there

the important thing is ONE young star, because it's a magnetic effect.

Harden brought Dwight.

Blake brought CP3.(Okay Stern did too, but Blake was icing.) The two brought Doc.

I think Rick Carliese will be leaving soon, what's the point of staying in Dallas, when they aren't really trying to build. If it's not a "Superteam", Mark Cuban will seemingly conceded trying to truly compete.

Let's get Wall and Cousins or Jennings,Love and Harrison Barnes or whatever combination, that along with Kobe and some of the guys who play well this year and we will be as good as any team in the league but more importantly, we'll get younger assets that becomes chips, and with those chips, you can construct the team around the pieces that fit. Those pieces have to eventually becoeme one of the TRULY elite players though or your shot of winning is really low.

#326 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,865 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:25 PM

I get it, people think Nash and Pau are like Derek Fisher and Lamar oOdom( of the past two seasons).

I actually think Steve Nash can control a game's offense for about 24-28 minutes a night.  I think we have the point guards to help him achieve that.

I think Pau can control stretches of a game too, but when fatigued, Pau looks bad. So hopefully Hill and Kaman can really be good players for us this season. That's not a stretch, but sometimes things happen.

#327 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,738 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:31 PM

But if it's not one of those guys , I think all others are about 11-16, so you can build from there

Harden brought Dwight.

Blake brought CP3.(Okay Stern did too, but Blake was icing.) The two brought Doc.

I think Rick Carliese will be leaving soon, what's the point of staying in Dallas, when they aren't really trying to build. If it's not a "Superteam", Mark Cuban will seemingly conceded trying to truly compete.

Let's get Wall and Cousins or Jennings,Love and Harrison Barnes or whatever combination, that along with Kobe and some of the guys who play well this year and we will be as good as any team in the league but more importantly, we'll get younger assets that becomes chips, and with those chips, you can construct the team around the pieces that fit. Those pieces have to eventually becoeme one of the TRULY elite players though or your shot of winning is really low.

Please explain how we are getting Wall or Cousins?  Please explain why in the world would you even want Brandon Jennings lol and please explain how Harrison Barnes fits into any type of future planning when doesnt even become  FA until after the 15-16 season.  Thats 3 full seasons from now...smmfh

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Marc J Spears column Yahoo! Sports:

01-expert-feat-posts-70x70-png_230455.pn

Is George to Lakers inevitable?

yo.

#329 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,865 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:59 PM

"I'm happy to be in Indiana," George said. "I'm happy to be where I am. If I was going to leave Indiana and come to the Lakers, it just wouldn't be a smart move for me. We got a great thing going right now."

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 09:02 PM

You guys gotta' realize though also that of course he's not gonna' say anything damaging since he's in Indiana right now. The time for him to be free & all is so far away it'd be stupid of him right now to say comments that'll turn Indiana fans against him as well as others. He's gotta' keep it PC.

yo.

#331 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Public Relations.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 09:49 PM

^ Right. Pretty much the same thing mostly.

http://austinlangloi...cal-correctness

yo.

#333 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 22, 2013 - 10:53 PM

^ Right. Pretty much the same thing mostly.

http://austinlangloi...cal-correctness

lol I didn't even read your post.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 10:59 PM

^ Hah! It's all good.

yo.

#335 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,738 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 05:13 AM

I could see him being a Laker 5 years from now but thats so far down the line that its not even worth discussing.

#336 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 23, 2013 - 07:25 AM

Harden brought Dwight.

I get it, people think Nash and Pau are like Derek Fisher and Lamar oOdom( of the past two seasons).

I actually think Steve Nash can control a game's offense for about 24-28 minutes a night.  I think we have the point guards to help him achieve that.

I think Pau can control stretches of a game too, but when fatigued, Pau looks bad. So hopefully Hill and Kaman can really be good players for us this season. That's not a stretch, but sometimes things happen.

Nash needs to be out or retired after this year! He cant control anything and every guard in the league runs circles around him now. I agree with Wall and Cousins but Jennings is terrible! You dont have to explain the reason you want these guys to anyone. Obviously these guys like old, flabby, used players that havent won anything.

Edited by GeeQ, July 23, 2013 - 07:49 AM.

#337 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 917 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Nash is still valuable. He's probably the best shooter in the league, and that doesn't require young legs or athleticism to be of value for 25-28 mpg (perhaps off the bench).  He may not be able to stop the young PGs on defense, but to be honest, there are less than 10 guys in the league that can stop players like DRose, Westbrook and CP3. Nash is still above average on offense when healthy, and can be an important piece in a championship run.

#338 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:21 AM

It is simply smart PR on his part. Ultimately we will get a key player in 2014-2015, but obvioulsy no one will comment on saying they want to leave their current franchise to move to LAL.

#339 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 23, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Can someone give me a list of first round draft picks, coming off of their rookie contracts, that have turned down big extensions from the team that drafted them?  Thanks.

#340 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,865 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 12:28 PM

Can someone give me a list of first round draft picks, coming off of their rookie contracts, that have turned down big extensions from the team that drafted them?  Thanks.

Basically what you're saying is we won't be getting one of these guys ala James Harden.

i just thought there would not be a great amount of money for them to give these guys, with David lee , Curry and Iggy taking up such a chunk of their salary. Bogut comes off the books and they want to trade Lee, but whose top say they can get good deals for them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users