389 replies to this topic

#261 Goon28

Goon28

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kwame

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:22 PM

I rather get Paul George than Melo or even Lebron at this point. I mean theres no way Lebron leaving Miami (except for Cleveland).

If Mitch can pull off by getting Paul George then that could be a cornerstone of the Lakers. 

#262 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts
  • Name:Quinton
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Your right on point because George would still be young when those two exit their primes. George on the wing with Kobe these last years are unstoppable. We have the money next year to pay three max players, Kobe bird rights and Pau at a reduced salary which he would greatly take because he would cry if he had to leave. To be honest Pau would take Ron Artest (8mil) numbers to stay if he had to. Wall 12/15 mil Cousins 12/15 mil and George a max contract. That leaves money left over

#263 Drift

Drift

Rookie

• 185 posts
  • Name:John
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:34 PM

George wont come until hes a URFA

Posted Image

#264 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:46 PM

We can offer him more than Indiana can match

#265 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,219 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:55 PM

We can offer him more than Indiana can match

Explain?

The only way we sign him is if we we offered him a major salary-cap killer contract that Indiana would be forced to pass up.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#266 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Indiana isnt going to match 17 or 18 a year. No salary cap killer

#267 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,468 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2013 - 05:28 PM

Indiana isnt going to match 17 or 18 a year. No salary cap killer

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.  LA can't offer a 17-18M deal to him and they would be stupid to give him that much money anyway.  Paul George is a very good young player.  The problem is we don't really know how good he will be.  He definitely hasnt done anything to garner a deal of that amount.   Please do yourself a favor and learn the CBA before posting stuff about what teams can do via free agency.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#268 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,468 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 05:31 PM

I honestly can't take any fan seriously that thinks that if LA had a real chance at Lebron they should pass him up for the likes of Paul George or worse Melo.  Guys like to pitch that ring argument to other fans but wouldnt even take the 1 out of the 3 that has rings?  The best player in the NBA at an age of what will be 30.  Kobe isnt the only player that will be able to play into his 30s ya know

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,548 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 06:12 PM

Paul George Talks SoCal Days, Lakers:

Some discouraging words in there, but still, you never know, lol.

yo.

#270 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Well I'm not sure what else he can say  :laughing:

Those last few words are very telling IMO.  "To go chase a dream" when talking about why it was good for Dwight Howard.  Paul George was a Lakers fan growing up and his idol is Kobe so who knows, maybe George will be chasing a dream in another season or two. 

#271 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,471 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 06:59 PM

I thought he was a Clippers fan growing up. I can't watch the video.  :eh:

Edited by Chad, July 17, 2013 - 07:00 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#272 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 07:00 PM

I thought he was a Clippers fan growing up. I can't watch the video.  :eh:

I heard he was a Lakers fan, but I could be wrong.  I know that Kobe is his idol though. 

#273 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,468 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 07:04 PM

If I was a ball player if Kobe was my idol in that sense the last place I'd want to be is in LA having to follow up or be in his legacy.  Kobe is the type of guy that wants to build his own.  Speaking as a bball fan I'd love to see Paul George become great and make a legacy in Indy but as a Lakers fan I'd like to see him in LA in about 5 years IF he's become the guy that some feel he will be.

#274 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,997 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 17, 2013 - 07:13 PM

If I was a ball player if Kobe was my idol in that sense the last place I'd want to be is in LA having to follow up or be in his legacy. 

wouldn't be the ultimate tribute to him to try your hardest to work hard to surpass that though?

That's like if I grew up and my idol was Michael Jordan me not wanting the Bulls to draft me cause I didn't want to play under him. Really?  

Nick Young idolized Kobe, he wanted the Lakers to draft him because he wanted to LEARN under Kobe.  

That's how most people look at it, they all want to learn from their idols and if they have a chance to share a team with them and learn from them from a veteran standpoint most would take that change.

But then again you said if "you" were. So that's fine.  it's your personal feelings.

The rest of your points I agree with.

Edited by Majesty, July 17, 2013 - 07:27 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#275 KeyNeezy

KeyNeezy

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Name:Key
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Indy has Danny Granger coming off their cap after next year...they'll have enough room to match any offer...Hibbert only makes 14 mil and West 12 mil..he'd be their one true max player

#276 Goon28

Goon28

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kwame

Posted July 17, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Pre

If I was a ball player if Kobe was my idol in that sense the last place I'd want to be is in LA having to follow up or be in his legacy.  Kobe is the type of guy that wants to build his own.  Speaking as a bball fan I'd love to see Paul George become great and make a legacy in Indy but as a Lakers fan I'd like to see him in LA in about 5 years IF he's become the guy that some feel he will be.

Perfect example of that is Nick Young.
Hopefully Paul George does the same, but he can do what Miller did in staying and doing his on thing.

P.G. is probably will be THE superstar of the next generation, along side Irving, and Liliard.

#277 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:18 PM

Damn it I would rather have this guy than melo or lebron

33bkfif.jpg

#278 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 09:34 PM

I think Indiana would do everything in their power to keep him. HEs a restricted free agent anyways

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#279 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 06:24 AM

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.  LA can't offer a 17-18M deal to him and they would be stupid to give him that much money anyway.  Paul George is a very good young player.  The problem is we don't really know how good he will be.  He definitely hasnt done anything to garner a deal of that amount.   Please do yourself a favor and learn the CBA before posting stuff about what teams can do via free agency.

You obviously dont know or hasnt been watching! How could someone come to the conclusion that a 23 year old is going to get worst than what he already is. Talent gets better, not worst with years and Wade makes that. I dont think he fell under the grandfather clause so when they say they will have 3 max contracts available then thats how it is. Get off the gas Newly Laker fan

#280 GeeQ

GeeQ

Rookie

• 127 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Only a newly Laker fan would want the likes of somebody else left overs! We dont want a 30 year old and dont need him.. He should stay where he is at! Lebron isnt the only talented player either when I actually seen this 23 year old go to a game 7 against this guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users