#201 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,239 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 04, 2013 - 12:11 AM

You forgot to mention outside of his flopping. You have to at least mention that or else people might take your statement for 100% literally and assume you respect his flopping as well.

Did u not see the part where I say I hate him? I hate his "decision," how he cares so much about his image that he hides a receding hairline behind a headban, all this GOAT speak when he's not even close, and of course that he said flopping is ok - but I don't let that get in the way of me respecting his game. He's a [expletive]in beast simple and plain.

@ Majesty- u don't think that, with the way LBJ has added/refined aspects of his game throughout his career, he'll be able to figure out a way to continue dominating when he loses his athleticism?

If he continues to refine his post-game and base his game in the post, he would extend his career. He's 6'8" and 250lbs... In comparison, the "bruiser" he just defeated in David West measures the same height and weight. U don't think LBJ would be able to figure out how to continue dominating, even in the post?

Even when he loses his athleticism, he'll still be quicker, faster, and just as strong as your average NBA power forward, but with the vision of a guard.

Btw, I never said anything about picking LBJ over PG. I'm just saying his haters need to quiet down a notch.

I would easily pick PG. So-Cal kid, 5 years younger and 2 inches taller then LBJ, with, as you've said, Kobe like worth ethic. He would be our future franchise.

But it all seems so far from now!

2div

#202 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 710 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted June 04, 2013 - 05:40 AM

I will take Lebron at 30 over PG at 25. I will also take Lebron at 35 over PG at 30. 

Anyone who wants PG over Lebron is a bit...uh.... :hmm:

#203 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,908 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 04, 2013 - 06:30 AM

Lebron is a beast, Paul George put up 7 points in the biggest game of his career.  Paul George could go on to be great, he could also go on to do nothing, it has happened to plenty before him and will happen to plenty after him.  Lebron has been great, and from all indications, will continue to be great.  Lets stop this ridiculous comparison

#204 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,363 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 04, 2013 - 06:47 AM

Lebron is a beast, Paul George put up 7 points in the biggest game of his career.  Paul George could go on to be great, he could also go on to do nothing, it has happened to plenty before him and will happen to plenty after him.  Lebron has been great, and from all indications, will continue to be great.  Lets stop this ridiculous comparison

let's not start a debate on the times LeBron no showed in a pivotal game.

George went tit for tat with the guy in his 2nd year and is only gonna get better from here and copies Kobe's work ethic.  Game 6 was a pivotal game too and George had a career high. 

Nobody as talented as that kid is that mirrors their crazy workout and dedication to their game after Kobe intentionally is gonna go on to do nothing.   Paul George ain't gonna be one of those guys.  Don't be silly.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#205 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 710 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 07:24 AM

let's not start a debate on the times LeBron no showed in a pivotal game.

George went tit for tat with the guy in his 2nd year and is only gonna get better from here and copies Kobe's work ethic.  Game 6 was a pivotal game too and George had a career high. 

Nobody as talented as that kid is that mirrors their crazy workout and dedication to their game after Kobe intentionally is gonna go on to do nothing.   Paul George ain't gonna be one of those guys.  Don't be silly.

PG is awesome and a superstar in the making, but you don't pass over a once in a generation talent for a superstar in the making who averaged almost 5 TOs a game in the ECF.

#206 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:43 AM

^ Again . When did Lakers trade for Shaq and when did they trade him away?

Our history shows that we won't put our eggs in the LeBron basket.

getting LeBron would give us a three year, pressure filled window with a once in a generation TALENT, but not a guy with once in a generation HEART and WILL, and anything less than a title would be a DISASTER, not a failure, it would be as bad as the Malone season or this season in the eyes of the fans.

LeBron and Dwight doesn't seem like a match to me.

#207 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 710 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 11:17 AM

^ Again . When did Lakers trade for Shaq and when did they trade him away?

Our history shows that we won't put our eggs in the LeBron basket.

getting LeBron would give us a three year, pressure filled window with a once in a generation TALENT, but not a guy with once in a generation HEART and WILL, and anything less than a title would be a DISASTER, not a failure, it would be as bad as the Malone season or this season in the eyes of the fans.

LeBron and Dwight doesn't seem like a match to me.

How long have you followed the Lakers? - you should know of course they will try to put all eggs in Lebron's basket...that is what our franchise does.

Honestly, what are you talking about? 3 year, pressure filled window?  3 years - says who?  You must be some basketball god to have these kind of wild predictions.  If anything we should assume that Lebron's title window will be open as long as he has a competent team around him into his mid 30s.... Him and Dwight would be disgusting with shooters when they are both exiting their prime. I am so baffled by this idea that, "Lebron means championship or bust for fans" and yet here we sit with Dwight and Pau and Nash and Kobe thinking "Championship or bust".  That is the way of Lakerland...championship or bust.  I would rather put my championship aspirations in the hands of Lebron and Dwight than in the hands of our current team....and that is with Lebron at 30.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, June 05, 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#208 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 11:49 AM

Oh, so we should trade Kobe,Nash and Pau for LeBron next season then.

Granted Pau's overall year was bad and Nash was not healthy last season, but Nash can still shoot at a VERY high level. That has worth . Pau ended the season on an extremely high note and his trade value will likely PEAK next Feb.

You think LeBron doesn't have a breaking point? history again, shows that every mid-30s player falls off. Even MJ, he wasn't the same in his 34/35/36 age as the 31/32/33 three-peat

I know I'm not the only person with this concern

#209 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 710 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Well considering we have Nash signed already for 2014...would I trade Pau and Kobe for Lebron? Ummm....of course given I wasn't drinking and had a clear head.  Kobe is my favorite player of all time, but if I am a GM I have a job to do. And that means assembling the best team possible. 

Thankfully, Kobe and Pau will be free agents like everyone else, so if I am Mitch and Jim my best plan possible is this:

Nash + Dwight only players on the books leaving room to sign a max player (Lebron) and a $12m/yr player - Kobe. Then use remaining exceptions and mins to fill out roster.  Hell, leading up to that I would trade Pau for a 1st round pick in what should be an excellent draft and then look for a good floor spacing 4 or a great wing to replace Kobe after a couple years (assuming he comes back for a couple more years).

Anyway, are you trying to tell me that you WOULDN'T sign MJ to a max deal when he turned 30? And think he couldn't compete after he was 33?  That would be insane and I am glad that you and other bloated fans are not our GM.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, June 05, 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#210 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 12:17 PM

Any GM would make that move.

But if Paul George is viewed as a 10-12 million dollar player and let's say that makes Kobe want to stay and play for a little less, as opposed to sharing the spotlight with LeBron which will be a testy situation , even Wade and LeBron clash( on court) at times.

And you can squeeze in a guy like Kevin Love, who is probably a little under max after these injuries, and you have Dwight leading a team on defense, with no real offensive weakness. 

#211 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 710 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Any GM would make that move.

But if Paul George is viewed as a 10-12 million dollar player and let's say that makes Kobe want to stay and play for a little less, as opposed to sharing the spotlight with LeBron which will be a testy situation , even Wade and LeBron clash( on court) at times.

And you can squeeze in a guy like Kevin Love, who is probably a little under max after these injuries, and you have Dwight leading a team on defense, with no real offensive weakness. 

1) Kevin Love will not be available until 2015 if he opts out early. Should we just sign 1 year contracts next year in hopes of that? No.

2) Kobe is not going to take less to play with PG over Lebron. That makes zero sense. If anything, Kobe would want more $$ to be the bigger star.

3) PG is getting max which is around $14m and up.  That is not enough to get Kevin Love the following year when we would have Kobe, PG and Dwight all signed (again assuming we sign nothing but 1 year deals in 2014 - not happenin). 

Edited by Calisupra2nr, June 05, 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#212 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Read Mitch's latest interview in regards to how the Lakers plan to acquire talent when the cap space is available. He specifically mentions getting a star, that a team is getting rid of for various reasons.

Paul George is no further along than Rondo was as a player when he got a 10 million dollar contract. Lets see how he does next season before you crown him a max guy

#213 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 710 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Read Mitch's latest interview in regards to how the Lakers plan to acquire talent when the cap space is available. He specifically mentions getting a star, that a team is getting rid of for various reasons.

Paul George is no further along than Rondo was as a player when he got a 10 million dollar contract. Lets see how he does next season before you crown him a max guy

uhh what? I just read MT's interview with Kupchak today and nowhere did it say that they were going to be getting a star that another team is getting rid of for various reasons...

And yes PG is a max guy. Some people in the league consider him the 2nd best 2 way player in the game behind Lebron. He is only going to get better and if he was a FA this summer, people (read: GMs) would be lining up to offer him max.  That is just a known fact.

#214 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 09:46 PM

Okay

#215 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,363 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 12:16 AM

uhh what? I just read MT's interview with Kupchak today and nowhere did it say that they were going to be getting a star that another team is getting rid of for various reasons...

And yes PG is a max guy. Some people in the league consider him the 2nd best 2 way player in the game behind Lebron. He is only going to get better and if he was a FA this summer, people (read: GMs) would be lining up to offer him max.  That is just a known fact.

Really?

MT: The Lakers have always had great players in Los Angeles, with very few seasons serving as exceptions. How do you think about the franchise's future as you look at the next few seasons?
Lakers: I do think we have advantages. Historically, this organization, via ownership beginning in 1960 has fielded competitive teams. We think the city sells itself, and we have a very passionate, wide fan base. It's also very competitive, the rules have changed a little bit, but we do have financial flexibility a year and a half from now. It can be used a lot of different ways. You don't just have to focus on free agency; you can take a contract. If a player doesn't fit into someone's roster from a salary perspective – maybe due to the repeater tax, for example – maybe you find a guy that way. There are a lot of ways you can use the space that we will have, and we're looking forward to having that flexibility.

Edited by Majesty, June 06, 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#216 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 710 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Really?

Yes. I can read. And that does not say, "He specifically mentions getting a star, that a team is getting rid of for various reasons."

All he is saying is that free agency is not the only way for us to acquire players.  He never says anything about getting a star.  We could acquire a role player in a trade. That was my point. 

• 38,655 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Majesty:

Los Angeles Lakers Trade Rumors: Paul George To Lakers A Possibility; Guard May Not Sign Extension With Pacers This Offseason

Rumors have linked the Los Angeles Lakers to Indiana Pacers forward Paul George for several weeks. Now, word has come out that George is in no hurry to sign his contract extension with the Pacers.
Fox Sports Florida spoke to the breakout star of this year's playoffs following Indiana's Game 7 loss to the Miami Heat. George told the website that he expects to get a max contract next summer, when he enters restricted free agency. However, he did not seem in a rush to redo his rookie deal with the Pacers.

"I haven't really put my mind to that right now,'' George said.  "I really want to focus on what's at the plate now."
While it's possible that George will eventually re-up with the Pacers, the fact that he is not demanding a new contract from the Pacers right now is a good sign for the other teams that may be vying for his services in 2014. Rumors have indicated that the Los Angeles Lakers may be one of those teams.

George sure does love him some Kobe.  :clap2: gh8w9PS.jpg

Kobe Bryant out? Pacers' Paul George hopes not

Where is the link though? Just curious.

Edited by    , June 20, 2013 - 10:08 PM.

yo.

#218 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,363 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:09 PM

Kobe Bryant out? Pacers' Paul George hopes not

Where is the link though? Just curious.

http://www.isportsti...paul-george.htm

#219 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,903 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:26 PM

That's nice and everything but regardless he will be a restricted free agent which means Indiana can match.

#220 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,392 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:31 PM

He could request a trade LOL I think

But yeah not gonna happen

Edited by Ham, June 20, 2013 - 10:31 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users