#181 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,647 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 02, 2013 - 12:31 PM

It should also be stated that if not for Bosh's three pointers this series would be over by now as well.   He has been more of a perimeter threat than Wade, and it's because the Pacers force him to play so far off the basket because they are trying to find open lanes that the only shot Bosh gets anymore is wide open threes and he isn't a three point shooter.  Had he not been sinking those, the Heat would be out of the playoffs right now.

Wade has been the one that's truly been out of it.

Because of that I expect Wade to attempt to have his best game in game 7 and the Pacers better be ready for it.

But I agree, the Pacers have been doing a spectacular job on defense

Edited by Majesty, June 02, 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#182 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 02, 2013 - 01:51 PM

It's a bad match up for the Heat because of the Size.  I don't know why they never signed a vet C that could play.

PG Shot

Conference Quarterfinals .41

Conference Semifinals .39

Where was this article at then, are when he was shooting .41 during the Season. LeBron is shooting .56 during this Season, so he is really going to have to fall off the face of the Earth for PG to ever be better than him.

PG FG% is going down. I don't watch the Pacers ( Who Does?), but I'll just assume it's going down because Granger is out & they are keying on him more, but that is still abysmal.

PG over LeBron.... :yucky:  :yucky:  :yucky:

Edited by Chad, June 02, 2013 - 01:54 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#183 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's a bad match up for the Heat because of the Size.  I don't know why they never signed a vet C that could play.

PG Shot

Conference Quarterfinals .41

Conference Semifinals .39

Where was this article at then, are when he was shooting .41 during the Season. LeBron is shooting .56 during this Season, so he is really going to have to fall off the face of the Earth for PG to ever be better than him.

PG FG% is going down. I don't watch the Pacers ( Who Does?), but I'll just assume it's going down because Granger is out & they are keying on him more, but that is still abysmal.

PG over LeBron.... :yucky:  :yucky:  :yucky:

A lot of Paul George's shots are long threes and twos either really early or late in the shot clock, not good shots by any means. The guy is athletic, a system where he can drive and kick more often would benefit his assist and FG%. And the Heat did try! I remember the carousel of washed up centers that they tried to insert (Z. Ilgauskas, E. Dampier, J. Howard, J. Magloire, E. Curry, and Pittman who is just plain bad.) If there's ever a Lakers-Heat finals, they would be suffering just the same assuming Howard resigns and Pau is still a Laker.

#184 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 11:24 PM

The Lakers don't have to say it and can't under the rules, but they've got to be pulling for the Indiana Pacers to beat theMiami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals. They'd probably even root for the  San Antonio Spurs to win the title if that means the Heat loses in the NBA Finals.

The reason, of course, would be a shot at future free agentLeBron James.

If James wins his second title in as many years, he might be more likely to stick around in Miami for the duration of his career. The All-Star forward can opt out of the final two years of his contract after next season, making him a potential unrestricted free agent in 2014.

http://www.latimes.c...0,6346751.story

:dance: Love speculation :dance:

Edited by Chad, June 02, 2013 - 11:36 PM.

#185 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2013 - 11:33 PM

Please edit your post, you cannot post full articles here.

Thanks

#186 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 11:40 PM

My bad, I didn't even know that.  :o

#187 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 878 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 12:08 AM

hogwash - the poison pill contract applies to non first-round picks

Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#188 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 02:09 AM

Emplay makes a rare appearance lol
Posted Image

#189 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 02:07 PM

images.jpg

Lakers Big 3!  :bleh:

Edited by Chad, June 03, 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#190 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 06:46 PM

The King has spoken on this topic.  :bow:

lebron-laughing-300x206.jpg

#191 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,722 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:01 PM

I hope this game shuts all Lebron haters up. It's one thing to hate a dude just cuz he's a beast (and not on your team)... But there are some in here who straight disrespect

He's got no more weaknesses

2div

#192 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,647 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:04 PM

I hope this game shuts all Lebron haters up. It's one thing to hate a dude just cuz he's a beast (and not on your team)... But there are some in here who straight disrespect

He's got no more weaknesses

LeBron wasn't the one not playing well in this series so why would this game shut anyone up?   It was Wade and Bosh that were required to step up this series if their team was going to win, not LeBron.

And I'm still taking Paul George over him especially as his game continues to close. 

Like I said if you sign LeBron to a 5 year max you're signing for the first 2 not the last 3.  And his lack of post footwork(if he doesn't improve it) is going to become apparent as soon as his athleticism and ability to overpower people wanes.  That's not hate, that's how it's going to be.

#193 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,176 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:05 PM

lebron had his usual game, no hating against him.. PG just didn't show up to counter

ap1.png

#194 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:14 PM

LeBron wasn't the one not playing well in this series so why would this game shut anyone up?   It was Wade and Bosh that were required to step up this series if their team was going to win, not LeBron.

And I'm still taking Paul George over him especially as his game continues to close. 

Like I said if you sign LeBron to a 5 year max you're signing for the first 2 not the last 3.  And his lack of post footwork(if he doesn't improve it) is going to become apparent as soon as his athleticism and ability to overpower people wanes.  That's not hate, that's how it's going to be.

Maybe his flops will look more realistic then too. It's hilarious that someone as strong as he is tries to pull the stuff he pulls. The league is too scared to go farther than one fine for it though

#195 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,722 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:40 PM

LeBron wasn't the one not playing well in this series so why would this game shut anyone up? It was Wade and Bosh that were required to step up this series if their team was going to win, not LeBron.

Like I said if you sign LeBron to a 5 year max you're signing for the first 2 not the last 3. And his lack of post footwork(if he doesn't improve it) is going to become apparent as soon as his athleticism and ability to overpower people wanes. That's not hate, that's how it's going to be.

Just his game this entire playoffs in general... This wasn't a specific post to someone it's to all the haters pointing out his "weaknesses," looking at the smallest things to nitpick... Post footwork? Come on! It may not look pretty (tho it looks way better then last year), but it's deadly efficient. And if his entire career is any indication, he'll probably learn that too.

It's always something new with his haters... Can't hit freethrows, not clutch, no jumper, no post-moves, no defense except for weak side blocks... He's shut everybody up.

Don't get me wrong, I hate LBJ down to my [expletive]en bones, but I got the greatest respect for him, he's the best player in the league (right now) bar none.

2div

• 40,395 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 09:09 PM

My bad, I didn't even know that.  :o

Yeah, you can even get banned permanently. We were forced to implement an even stricter policy recently.

Don't get me wrong, I hate LBJ down to my [expletive]en bones, but I got the greatest respect for him, he's the best player in the league (right now) bar none.

You forgot to mention outside of his flopping. You have to at least mention that or else people might take your statement for 100% literally and assume you respect his flopping as well.

Edited by    , June 03, 2013 - 09:12 PM.

yo.

#197 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 09:27 PM

You're going to be waiting a long time for Paul George game to close on LeBron. Cause it isn’t going to happen in this lifetime.  ;)

lebron-dancing-o.gif

Edited by Chad, June 03, 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#198 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,647 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Just his game this entire playoffs in general... This wasn't a specific post to someone it's to all the haters pointing out his "weaknesses," looking at the smallest things to nitpick... Post footwork? Come on! It may not look pretty (tho it looks way better then last year), but it's deadly efficient. And if his entire career is any indication, he'll probably learn that too.

It's always something new with his haters... Can't hit freethrows, not clutch, no jumper, no post-moves, no defense except for weak side blocks... He's shut everybody up.

It's deadly efficient because of his ability to overpower people in the post and outstrength them.

That's why people say when his athleticism wanes and that strength starts going down he isn't going to be as effective.

If in his 30s(one year away) he tries to overpower people the same way it's not going to be half as efficient as it is now.   That's the point.   His game is based around his athleticism and what he lacks he is making up for in athleticism which is why he gets away with lack of footwork in the post, when he is in his 30s it won't fly.

Picking Paul George over him in 2014 especially as he continues to advance his game isn't a knock against LeBron.  It's just that most acknowledge a lot of what he gets away with and hasn't refined he doesn't pay for because he's bigger and stronger than everyone and acknowledge that when his athleticism starts to wane and that first step ain't as quick he's gonna start to fall off of effectiveness.

He's got about another year as the top player in the league before Durant passes him.

Kobe found ways to beat people when he was athletic in ways that didn't abuse his athleticism(his footwork for example and his understanding of spacing and defense) and didn't need to rely on it to be effectiveness because he covered every single base as if he was a guy that had no athleticism. 

LeBron's game is based on relying on that athleticism to make up for what he doesn't have.
It's not a knock to say when he gets in his 30s his production drops because of that.

No one's saying he's gonna be a scrub, just not nearly as effective. 

And after seeing Paul George in this series and knowing he copies Kobe's work ethic after another year, I'd WANT the 2014-2015 of George for that year and the next 4 years beyond.   If the Heat win this year they're never going to win another championship after it, so I'd prefer to let him stay in Miami or go to Cleveland but I'd rather have Paul George under Kobe's wing for a year rather than letting him go and watching him tear up the league for the next 4 years after I have passed on him.

#199 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 10:46 PM

What are you predicting Lebron's stats will look like after 30? 

Kyrie is better that Paul George.He shoots at a good clip, and is clutch at the end of game. Has the handles of a god. His defense is abysmal, but we are used to that now at the PG position. If we are talking dropping some poison it should be on the Cavs. He also has a great work ethic.

Edited by Chad, June 03, 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#200 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,647 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 10:57 PM

What are you predicting Lebron's stats will look like after 30?

Depends what team he's on and what he's asked to do.

Paul George. #FutureLaker

:cool2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)