#1 tsidebotham

tsidebotham

Rookie

• 109 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 23, 2013 - 07:24 AM

So i was messing around with the NBA trade machine looking at how i could imagine updating our roster...

we are in some deep trouble... the only players we have under contract next season (not counting those who have 1 year player options) are:

Kobe Bryant (coming off a serious injury)
Pau Gasol
Steve Nash (getting older, and coming off an injury plagued season)
Jordan Hill
Chris Duhon

Andrew Goudelock

now i realize MWP (although I wish he wouldn't) will likely pick up his player option...

but with the team we have under contract, we cant afford to go out and pick up anyone... I don't have good feelings about this team next year.

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 24, 2013 - 04:01 AM

So i was messing around with the NBA trade machine looking at how i could imagine updating our roster...

we are in some deep trouble... the only players we have under contract next season (not counting those who have 1 year player options) are:

Kobe Bryant (coming off a serious injury)
Pau Gasol
Steve Nash (getting older, and coming off an injury plagued season)
Jordan Hill
Chris Duhon

Andrew Goudelock

now i realize MWP (although I wish he wouldn't) will likely pick up his player option...

but with the team we have under contract, we cant afford to go out and pick up anyone... I don't have good feelings about this team next year.

It's not that bad. Duhon is only partially guaranteed, Metta will be amnestied and Ebanks, Morris and Sacre will be waived. Blake, who is owed 4 million, is actually playing pretty well, and could be moved to a team that needs leadership and a back-up PG - Washington and Sacramento seems to be obvious choices in that regard.

That being said, there is no doubt that the Buss' will have to dig deep into their pockets this year, but hopefully it is only for one year.

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 24, 2013 - 06:22 AM

We've been operating like this for the last few seasons, it's nothing new.

They can and will find a way pick up players. Don't worry.

#4 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted May 28, 2013 - 06:19 PM

The last I checked we sucked the last couple years. What I wouldn't give to have Trever Ariza and Sessions coming off our bench

We've been operating like this for the last few seasons, it's nothing new.

They can and will find a way pick up players. Don't worry.

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 28, 2013 - 06:53 PM

The last I checked we sucked the last couple years. What I wouldn't give to have Trever Ariza and Sessions coming off our bench

Last I checked, everyone was so damn excited at the start of this past season.  In hindsight, everyone can criticize the moves we made but the expectations were high to begin with and people were happy with guys like Meeks, Jamison, and resigning Jordan Hill.

And you're right, I would love to have those guys off our bench (or even Ariza starting).

We need to retool the bench, no doubt about it.  The Lakers consistently deal with being over the cap and I think they usually do a good job.  They'll need to do a GREAT job this time around.  If D'Antoni stays as head coach, expect a few athletic, offense first players to be added to the roster.

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 28, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Need to take care of holes in the starting lineup first. Of course, that's after the coaching issue is resolved.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users