Photo

What is the Lakers' plan B? Do the Lakers even have a plan B?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 28, 2013 - 06:09 AM

Dat gold medal

Pau Gasol is GONE

#82 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,684 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 28, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Elite franchises go after the very BEST to lead their teams to sports immortality.

well, i guess the Lakers are a mediocre franchise.

#83 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,684 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 28, 2013 - 01:34 PM

MAJESTY-

I think the WORLD knew that we wouldn't fit into a fast paced offense, thought I gotta say

I think MDA thought Pau was a different player than he is.

The first game, he benched him and he looked to be frustrated by Pau's lack of foot speed, and his "shot-making" ability.

Now, you may think that's not a sign of a smart coach, but I think that can be attributed to no training camp. He didn't know what Nash had left for example, the last he saw Nash, he was eating up the Knicks I'm sure.

I think EVERYONe, including Real thought that Dwight would be better in a pick and roll setting than he was.

Also Mda, saw Shaq and amare's Suns average 115, and certainly he expected our bigs to be able to duplicate that, but 

Give me a scenario in which the Lakers win a title with no MDA in the picture

#84 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 28, 2013 - 04:32 PM

well, i guess the Lakers are a mediocre franchise.

I'm moreso interested in where they're headed...not where they've been. They made a poor decision with the last couple of coaching hires (especially the recent one) and there's no denying that...no matter how many excuses you try to make.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#85 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,023 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 04:41 PM

The Lakers knew this was coming a year ago. They knew that they would be in this position. They are not stupid. 

I can guarantee that Kupchak and Buss have a plan on how they are handling this situation. They already have an answer of what to do when it comes to Dwight's request to fire MDA, or if they have to choose between Dwight or MDA. They already have the final answer if MDA will be fired. We don't.

Each situation, each scenario, has been thought of, and they have an answer for each of those situations. They are just playing their cards. This whole Howard situation is not going to come at a surprise to them. They have planned for it and have thoroughly gone over of what they are going to do and how they are going to handle each situation and scenario. Time will only tell.....

Edited by Gotrings?, May 28, 2013 - 04:42 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#86 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think Plan B if D12 doesn't re-sign is to basically struggle through next year obviously. I think management will not make any big moves for next season and will just have to play out Pau's last year. I think the moves will happen the next season so Plan B will more than likely be to have an average ball club (which I think they still can be w/Nash, Pau and Kobe for half the year) in 2014 and make big moves for 2015. Ultimately it is up to Dwight if he leaves, and if he does, Lakers fans should not panic they will be back...thats history with this team and why its a great organization!

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

#87 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,054 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted May 30, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Plan a plan b just shoot the 3

#88 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,054 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted May 30, 2013 - 12:07 PM

In all seriousness though just put the best possible team out there I know that's easier said than done with me as head coach and little to no cap.

#89 KeyNeezy

KeyNeezy

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Name:Key
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2013 - 12:08 PM

Plan B has always been Plan A which is the 2014 off-season and cap space

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users