Photo

Official Xbox One Thread

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Major props to them for owning up to their completely moronic mistakes, but as said, it should've never came to that in the first place. A lot of permanent damage has already been done.

yo.

#122 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,634 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:14 PM

Should have never done that to begin with. Idiots. They should've seen the backlash coming a mile away.

they probably thought Sony would do the same thing, after the patent and all

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#123 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 19, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Well this does change quite a bit. However, none of those reasons were why I was going to change in the first place. The ps4 is just the better gaming machine. Also Microsoft exclusives weren't anything special other than missing out on Ryse I didnt see anything they had that sparked my interest.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,603 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Xbox One theme song:

"I always feel like.....XBOX IS WATCHIN MEEEEE!!!!"

yo.

#125 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 19, 2013 - 11:26 PM

Now sell me an Xbox without the Kinect for $400. I don't want that [expletive].

#126 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2013 - 01:56 AM

huge news...

I guess they were getting the picture

you guys need to read this

i could not believe they changed their policies

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

your feedback matters... 

#127 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 20, 2013 - 02:21 AM

Glad they LISTENED and with such a quick response too :laughing:

Also not reported, they are removing the Region restrictions.

So you can play it ANYWHERE.  

Awesome news!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#128 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 20, 2013 - 03:02 AM

ALSO THIS

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

big news...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#129 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,488 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted June 20, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Damn trying to decide between ps4 and Xbox One

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#130 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 20, 2013 - 10:18 AM

ALSO THIS

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

big news...

The issue with downloading games is that their file size is insanely large. A friend got me a month free of PS+ and I got Uncharted 3 for free, but it was 40 GB. 500 GB won't go very far.

#131 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2013 - 11:18 AM

tumblr_mo8hlb7GQ11qkbhyjo1_400.gif

Pau Gasol is GONE

#132 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 24, 2013 - 01:32 PM

Ok so Microsoft reverse the DRM situation. So what?  Sony will still destroy MS for the next console wars.  Its not even going to be close. The people who will buy an xbox one are just people who are xbox fan boys and can't let go of their Halos and exclusives.  WHy would somebody go get a crappier system that is more expansive and have so many restrictions?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#133 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Glad they LISTENED and with such a quick response too :laughing:

Also not reported, they are removing the Region restrictions.

So you can play it ANYWHERE.  

Awesome news!

The region restriction removal is always good, Sony had announced that for PS4 @ E3 but not many people noticed.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#134 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ok so Microsoft reverse the DRM situation. So what?  Sony will still destroy MS for the next console wars.  Its not even going to be close. The people who will buy an xbox one are just people who are xbox fan boys and can't let go of their Halos and exclusives.  WHy would somebody go get a crappier system that is more expansive and have so many restrictions?

You said it right in your post, exclusives. Choosing between the systems comes down to which one you think will have the better games. Im leaning towards the ps4, but Im gonna miss out on any new gears of war or fables, which is a pretty big deal since I love both of those games. Those are the only two exclusives I ever really cared for from xbox since mass effect has gone to play station now. Im pretty sure im going with the ps4 but Im def gonna miss those titles. I only feel comfortable making the change since I know Im gonna get games by naughty dog and quantum dream so the change is worth it. I think I feel better about the ps4 because I used to be a huge multiplayer game player, like playing online and stuff, but now I sorta go after more games that have an epic single player. Sucks Im gonna miss out on ryse since that looks pretty epic.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 24, 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#135 flota

flota

• 2,634 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Exclusives
I ask the same thing when people buys an apple product.
Xbox is not that bad
I dont play halo, still got a 360 and if i got money after the pc im gonna get a xbox one
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

#136 BLK MAMBA 81

BLK MAMBA 81

Rookie

• 285 posts
  • Name:Jackal Phrenic 210SA
  • Fan Since:96 - Forever
  • Fav. Laker:MR. 81

Posted July 09, 2013 - 04:44 PM

I' started with Sony and went with Microsoft months after the Xbox came out. Always been a fan of Microsoft. I'm glad they are changing and listening to the public. I'm not gonna sit down and argue with what someone likes/dislikes.

#137 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,037 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted July 18, 2013 - 01:00 AM

Do the Xbox One exclusives have to do a complete 180 as well?

I'm aware that Microsoft stated that the system itself won't require full-time Internet connection, but what of their games?

I read that Forza might require full-time Internet connection to play (can't put up the article right now, I'm on my mobile).

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#138 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 18, 2013 - 01:24 AM

I love it. Both industries taking jabs at each other is already benefiting the consumers. Long live console wars. 

Having said that, I'm getting a PS4. 

#139 flota

flota

• 2,634 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Do the Xbox One exclusives have to do a complete 180 as well?

I'm aware that Microsoft stated that the system itself won't require full-time Internet connection, but what of their games?

I read that Forza might require full-time Internet connection to play (can't put up the article right now, I'm on my mobile).

Microsoft and Sony, both said that the CONSOLES wont need full time Internet connection, but publishers are free to make their games with that requirement.
Ubisoft is making their games that way, who know who will follow them, probably our "loved" EA
Imposible is nothing.

#140 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 08:23 PM

7197667f1a47-5238-4e09-95ab-39c2f8912d65

0 user(s) are reading this topic