192 replies to this topic

#101 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,648 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:00 AM

IT IS OFFICIAL.  THE PLAYSTATION 4 WILL DESTROY THE XBOX ONE NO DOUBT. AFTER E3, NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL SPEND A DIME ON AN XBOX ONE. XBOX JUST DESTROY THEMSELVES BY HAVING ALL THE BS RESTRICTIONS.  THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR PARTICIPATING. HERE ARE SOME PARTY GIFTS. DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#102 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,383 posts
  • Name:Chao❤Wade
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:09 AM

^I agree, I mean, how do they expect someone to be online all of the time? There are many times where I bring my console with me to places where I DON'T HAVE INTERNET so I can kill some time......

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#103 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,648 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 07:47 AM

I rarely play games online.  And the majority of people who usually play online games are PC gamers. We all know how the PC gamers views are with consoles. So for Microsoft to come out with this crap and all the restrictions with used games, not only are they destroying their value but the game industry as a whole.  Gamestop is one of the biggest if not the biggest retail company in the world and by having restrictions to used games, you are destroying that industry.  No way gamestop will favor Xbox now even though for some reason they support both system. 

I know the PC gamer people will be celebrating because of the demised of xbox but I believe playstation 4 will compete with PC real soon since they already destroyed the competition for consoles already. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#104 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 12, 2013 - 02:37 PM

The XBOX one isn't gonna sale but the same games will be coming out for the 360 and xbox360 owners are still going to buy them.   XBOX ONE is gonna take a huge hit though.  

Maybe not as huge as some think they will as I'm sure some people will still pay out their mind for one for all the whistles and buttons.

But PS4 is definitely gonna outsell it. 

What Microsoft will do is what they always do.

They are gonna make an "improved" version of the ONE with optional this and that and basically make it the opposite of what people complained about with the ONE.

They make a system and then about a little over half a year later make an improved version of that system with stuff they could and should have added or fixed in the previous version that sales to the people that complained about the previous one.

I expect not much different this time around, and that second system will likely sale just because of that.   Nowhere near what the PS4 will though.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

• 38,578 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 02:48 PM

^ What you're predicting is certainly plausible, but it's still not the smartest risk nor business decision they should make.

yo.

#106 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'll probably buy it once the price comes down... Don't really need it tho since all i play are sports games lol doubt there's gonna be a big difference.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#107 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,338 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'll probably buy it once the price comes down... Don't really need it tho since all i play are sports games lol doubt there's gonna be a big difference.

Nothing really, just graphics.

And if people wanted the absolute best graphics they'd just buy it on PC and buy a USB XBOX replica controller that can be used on the computer ;) 

So I'm sure people that would buy NBA 2k14 for the XBOX and still only have a 360 will just get it for the 360 and it will sale on both systems.

Now if they tried to make 2k14 EXCLUSIVE to the XBOX ONE then they'd be screwed.  But apparently all the important games that are gonna sale huge are coming out on both the 360 and the ONE. 

So the guy eventhough he was bashed for what he said was actually telling the truth :laughing:   If you don't want the XBOX ONE just keep the 360, the same games are coming out for it anyway.

Risky move, but a smart one.  If all the ONE games were exclusive only to the ONE they'd have caused their demise.  The fact they are coming out for the 360 and the ONE saves them for the time being.

The most important news for many gamers will be what they are doing with the CoD series.

If it's exclusive to the XBOX One they are screwed, if it's on the 360 as well then they're fine.

If you can face someone on the XBOX ONE while still playing on your 360 through XBOX LIVE that will be even better.

All these little things will be factors.

Cause if 360 and ONE can have online battles against one another through XBOX LIVE then that will be a nice addition and will tide over a few things. 

Although it would make getting the ONE obsolete unless you really wanted the "features" but it would be their best strategy imo.

Edited by Majesty, June 12, 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#108 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 14,983 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 13, 2013 - 01:33 AM

What sucks is there are a lot of good games for xbox 360 that arent on the PS4 but the PS4 does seem better and cheaper. 

#109 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,648 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 05:14 AM

Nothing really, just graphics.

And if people wanted the absolute best graphics they'd just buy it on PC and buy a USB XBOX replica controller that can be used on the computer ;) 

So I'm sure people that would buy NBA 2k14 for the XBOX and still only have a 360 will just get it for the 360 and it will sale on both systems.

Now if they tried to make 2k14 EXCLUSIVE to the XBOX ONE then they'd be screwed.  But apparently all the important games that are gonna sale huge are coming out on both the 360 and the ONE. 

So the guy eventhough he was bashed for what he said was actually telling the truth :laughing:   If you don't want the XBOX ONE just keep the 360, the same games are coming out for it anyway.

Risky move, but a smart one.  If all the ONE games were exclusive only to the ONE they'd have caused their demise.  The fact they are coming out for the 360 and the ONE saves them for the time being.

The most important news for many gamers will be what they are doing with the CoD series.

If it's exclusive to the XBOX One they are screwed, if it's on the 360 as well then they're fine.

If you can face someone on the XBOX ONE while still playing on your 360 through XBOX LIVE that will be even better.

All these little things will be factors.

Cause if 360 and ONE can have online battles against one another through XBOX LIVE then that will be a nice addition and will tide over a few things. 

Although it would make getting the ONE obsolete unless you really wanted the "features" but it would be their best strategy imo.

I was thinking about this the other they.  I was thinking of pre ordering the PS4 so I wouldnt have to be like those losers who stand in line for 4 day straight just to get a hands on the PS4 but would it be better just to hold off on it? You are right about the xbox 360.  It is an awesome system and there are still so much they can do with that system with great graphics and such. So do people even need to get their hands on a brand new system which most likely might have some bugs?  That is one of the things Im afraid of buying a brand new system that just come out in the market. They tend of have bugs and crap. So is it a best move just to wait for a year or so then get the PS4 or if you're an idiot xbox one?     I might go that route. Not much of a guy who needs to have the new toys in the block so I can one up my friends.   I know my sister will get one because she said he needed a new bluray player and watch netflix on it LOL. She doesn't even play games.

Edited by epicwolf, June 13, 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#110 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,587 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 13, 2013 - 06:57 AM

What sucks is there are a lot of good games for xbox 360 that arent on the PS4 but the PS4 does seem better and cheaper. 

Like Metal Gear Solid 5! Why Kojima. Why! 

Posted Image

#111 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 359 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 13, 2013 - 11:05 AM

Like Metal Gear Solid 5! Why Kojima. Why! 

MGS is going to be on the PS4. Microsoft only bought an exclusive showing.

It might even be on PS3 and XBox 360 too.

Off the top of my head, the known exclusives are:

PS4: The Order, Killzone, Knack, Drive Club, Infamous

X1: Project Spark, Titanfall (PC), Forza, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Crimson Dragon

#112 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 14, 2013 - 11:52 PM

fWpJY1n.png

Found this gem on reddit.

#113 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,338 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:31 PM

fWpJY1n.png

Found this gem on reddit.

So don't hack ?

#114 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 16, 2013 - 02:02 PM

So don't hack ?

I've been suspended before and I've never done anything wrong. Perhaps it could have been me not talking in lobbies and getting bad feedback? I'm not sure. And I've also read stories of people being wrongfully banned.

#115 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 11,970 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 17, 2013 - 01:23 AM

back in the halo 2 days, and the days of Call of Duty 4, I got banned a few times.. not for cheating or anything... just because we would whoop on people, and then they would report us... groups of me and my buddies would get banned... (only from playing in ranked match making for like a week, but still.. it was BS, and we all just made new accounts on free 1-week trails...)

even to this DAY, when I play cod, I always use single shot guns, and I shoot off rounds at an insane speed, and people always think im using a modded controller...

They better have HUGE proof to ban people...

Making it such a harsh punishment, will make it harder to catch cheaters in the long run, because if the standards are where they need to be, it will be so hard to ban people...

On the 360, people get banned, and just make another account...

It was far worse when Xbox was giving free trials out like candy...

I

I've been suspended before and I've never done anything wrong. Perhaps it could have been me not talking in lobbies and getting bad feedback? I'm not sure. And I've also read stories of people being wrongfully banned.

its alright...

highly unlikely many people are going to buy the NSABox

• 38,578 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 10:09 AM

They're spying on you ala big brother and making assumptions based on data.

yo.

#117 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 1,976 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 04:37 PM

you guys need to read this

i could not believe they changed their policies

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

your feedback matters... 

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#118 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,691 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted June 19, 2013 - 04:53 PM

YES!

#119 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Off The Bench

• 2,778 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:00 PM

Should have never done that to begin with. Idiots. They should've seen the backlash coming a mile away.

#120 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 333 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 19, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Glad to hear it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users