210 replies to this topic

#41 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 29, 2013 - 07:41 AM

this video makes me laugh everytime I watch it. Shows the dissapointment of one of xbox biggest fans. He work in the industry if you dont know who he is.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekOtn7L1N0

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#42 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 29, 2013 - 08:07 AM

You could be right. But how many "casual" gamers do you know out there?  I have a brother in law that hardly play video games. I asked him if he is going to buy an xbox one since its an "all in one" system.  He said he doesn't need those all in one system that xbox had to offer because the PS4 also is an all in one system and plus sony as a brand is so much better than microsoft in terms of electronics.  Xbox one is essentially another PC which make sense because Microsoft are known for computers. Why would one want to buy another computer when they already have better actual computers out there? Xbox was dominant in the past years because they concentrate on gaming and thus creating huge numbers of xbox fans all over the world. They make majority of their money from those gamers. If they lose their core customers which are hardcore gamers and only concentrate on getting "casual" gamers or people who doesn't give a crap about buying a game console in the first place, they will be done in no time. I don't see many people who are not into playing video games thinking about buying any gaming console just so they can have a better entertainment system for their tv. If I never play video games, why would I waste money getting a product that are capable of doing part of the things I never use? If I want an entertainment system for my TV, that last place I want to go to is my neighborhood gamestop.  The WII U already beating them in console wars and casual gamers because people who buy the Wii usually are parents who barely play video games and only buy it for thei little ones to play those little kid games. And now the PS4 will technically destroy any competition and grap all the hard core gamers from xbox because Playstation have a much better online gaming community now.  I seriously think this is the beggining of the end for Xbox as a company. They broke the camel's back when they will be charging customers to play used games and not backward compatible.  I dont know if PS4 going to be doing the same thing but the marketing genius for xbox just screwed the pooch. 

It seems like casual gamers arent a big market at all, but for every core game you point out I bet there are five 8-12 year olds that get an xbox because they want it so bad and never really play it. I know some house holds that have every console even though no one there is an avid gamer. It is because it connect netflix, hbo go, and other entertainment apps to the tv and a lot of people like that. My friends mom has her own xbox, she doesnt play any games at all though. She is a 50 some odd year old woman with her own xbox.

Core gamers seem like a big chunk of the market but in reality they are very small in comparison to casual gamers. There is a reason the xbox outsold the ps3 in the states by so much because (12 million more units in US, with 142 million more games sold) The ps3 only did better world wide because overseas in asia it is loved so much more than the 360. However, console sales are down over seas peiord, MS saw this and said screw core gamers USA is where it is at and the casual gamer here is a much bigger market. There are probably hundreds of thousands of households here with a 360 that probably get no more than an hour a week use. MS is out for the money and dont care that it was core gamers that help build their brand, but you cant be mad at the end of the day it is a company and their gonna do what they belive is best for profit. PS4 is gonna poach all 360 core games most likely, unless the one has amazing exclusive. I love 360 much more than ps3 but I will probably get ps4 because I am someone who likes to play 10+ hours a week of gaming, a core gamer. But if the one has great exclusives I will still stay because at the end of the day I care about the games, i wont care if in 3 years the ps4 looks better than the one, if the one has the games I rather bee there.

By the time e3 comes and goes the people will actually know what they want to get. It comes down to  the games the one will have. If they have a gem up their sleeve they will be able to hold on to some core gamers, because they care about games. However, if at e3 the one reveals a bunch of gimmick bull crap for kinect and extra apps for the one, they lost the core gamer entirely. The ps3 had good exclusives too and when they have an exclusive it was so easy to see how much better it looked than 360, but if you pop in skyrim on ps3 and 360 they look so similar because devolpers that are making games for multiple consoles dont focus on making the best quality for each console, rather they do what is most cost effective to get both games on both consoles as good as they can in the cheapest and fastest way. When there is an exclusive though  like uncharted you can really see how much more beautiful the ps3 was then the 360, will be the same for ps4 vs the one if they have the same games they will looks basically identical. However, if ps4 has way better exclusives there games will look on a different level then the one.

I just cant wait for e3 to see these damn games.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 29, 2013 - 08:13 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#43 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:23 AM

http://www.gamespot....e-games-6408992

MS knows what they have to do to keep core gamers, investing 1 billion bucks into xbox exclusives. I always like Microsoft studio games in the past, if they can make some hits the one will be able to hold onto its gamer crowd. MS might not be seen as innovative or as genius as a company like apple, but they have been a solid company since they came out dont short sell them on what they will do to make sure their product has the best chance to sell.

#44 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:35 AM

You do make good points phillylaker.  I just dont like how MS trying so hard to upset core gamers who made them who they are. I was never an xbox fan.  Always been a Sony fan.  It just seems like Microsoft are so fearful of Sony coming out with a system that will destroy them that they panic and start making all these stupid moves and end up alienating gamers. At the end of the day xbox, Wii and playstation is about gaming. It is called gaming consoles for a reason. Yes its true that some people use game consoles to watch blueray or next flix (i use my ps3 to do all that) but it all comes down to gaming. Unless the  company look at a product and understand what it is truely for, it probably wont end well. I think Microsoft is going in the wrong direction and it will bite them in the ass.

You able to get into E3?  You part of the industry?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#45 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 29, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Me and my buddy watched the XBOX ONE reveal... and we both hated it... It was like 20+ mins before they even mentioned that it would play games

Then when they finnaly talked about games, they brought out the WORST GAME DEVELOPER IN THE WORLD!!! EA GAMES!!!! Terrible... EA Games cannot even do 1/1.... They haven't made a quality game in about 6 years...

Everything about this system is terrible...

No backwards compatibility

No used games

The name

Needs to connect to internet

Kinect required...

The fact that I cannot let my friend play a game I bought, is outrageous...

Its basicly a fantasy football device?

Everyone hates the Kiniect.

There is no games for it...

And most off, people don't want a camera beaming into their TV rooms, 1984 style...

99.99% I am not buying this

I going to upgrade my PC, and maybe get a ps4

Edited by TKainZero, May 29, 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#46 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted May 29, 2013 - 11:29 AM

i want a powerful gaming console, not another home entertainment system. for me, if ps4 and xbox360 implement DRM. I'd invest more on PC now

#47 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,941 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 11:31 AM

Microsoft has some scary big brother, 1984 type stuff here...

They are going to lose so much money on the XBOX ONE

#48 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 12:25 PM

You do make good points phillylaker.  I just dont like how MS trying so hard to upset core gamers who made them who they are. I was never an xbox fan.  Always been a Sony fan.  It just seems like Microsoft are so fearful of Sony coming out with a system that will destroy them that they panic and start making all these stupid moves and end up alienating gamers. At the end of the day xbox, Wii and playstation is about gaming. It is called gaming consoles for a reason. Yes its true that some people use game consoles to watch blueray or next flix (i use my ps3 to do all that) but it all comes down to gaming. Unless the  company look at a product and understand what it is truely for, it probably wont end well. I think Microsoft is going in the wrong direction and it will bite them in the ass.

You able to get into E3?  You part of the industry?

No, I agree with you completely they are going about this all wrong, but in a business perspective they have a good plan. Wooing casual gamers is easy so they geared their event towards them and it probably worked wonders, they probably though all that gimmick crap was cool, but real gamers like us want to see games, but they know better than to jump the gun on something like that. E3 will be dedicated to the games, now whether those games are good or not we will see.

360 was my go to console all my friends had it and I loved the games on it (huge GOW fan) The console war to me isnt about the hardware but rather the games. Skyrim on ps3 and 360 were no different at all, except 360 got the updates and dlc faster. However, when speaking about games like GOW or uncharted that is when you find out what console fits you better. The more good exclusives that are made specifically for a machine make it the better console imo. GOW got me through many months, hell even years of play on live. Never been much of a single player game fan, except of late which is why I'm leaning towards getting ps4 because the big multiplayer games normally are cross platform (Battlefield and COD is what I go online to play now). PS3 exclusives seem to get better and better, while 360 exclusives were just thrown out there due to multiplayer driven gameplay.

The one is clearly a business plan rather than a gaming monster and the numbers support what microsoft is doing. The 360 is pounding sony in America and how many great exclusive have been on 360 in the last few years? Other than halo and GOW they dont have any, yet they are still managing to outsell by a wide margin the ps3 that had great franchises such as uncharted and the fun online game killzone. Not to mention they have the show which is the best baseball game by far, which is the American past time cant even help sony in US. However, 360 sold much more because casual gamers flocked to 360 even though they have to pay for online and getting an inferior machine to the ps3. Ps3 tried to go casual with their move crap, but it sucked so bad and kinect blew it out the water. Sony knows that the casual gamer isnt their target so now their gonna poach hardcore gamers from 360 to widen their market. Gaming wise ps4 is way above the one right now, but business wise the one is the much better cash cow.

Are you asking me if Im a part of the industry? If so, no but I wish I was to get my hands on all the cool new stuff at e3, just an avid gamer who likes to keep up on all that junk aha

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 29, 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#49 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:34 AM

No, I agree with you completely they are going about this all wrong, but in a business perspective they have a good plan. Wooing casual gamers is easy so they geared their event towards them and it probably worked wonders, they probably though all that gimmick crap was cool, but real gamers like us want to see games, but they know better than to jump the gun on something like that. E3 will be dedicated to the games, now whether those games are good or not we will see.

360 was my go to console all my friends had it and I loved the games on it (huge GOW fan) The console war to me isnt about the hardware but rather the games. Skyrim on ps3 and 360 were no different at all, except 360 got the updates and dlc faster. However, when speaking about games like GOW or uncharted that is when you find out what console fits you better. The more good exclusives that are made specifically for a machine make it the better console imo. GOW got me through many months, hell even years of play on live. Never been much of a single player game fan, except of late which is why I'm leaning towards getting ps4 because the big multiplayer games normally are cross platform (Battlefield and COD is what I go online to play now). PS3 exclusives seem to get better and better, while 360 exclusives were just thrown out there due to multiplayer driven gameplay.

The one is clearly a business plan rather than a gaming monster and the numbers support what microsoft is doing. The 360 is pounding sony in America and how many great exclusive have been on 360 in the last few years? Other than halo and GOW they dont have any, yet they are still managing to outsell by a wide margin the ps3 that had great franchises such as uncharted and the fun online game killzone. Not to mention they have the show which is the best baseball game by far, which is the American past time cant even help sony in US. However, 360 sold much more because casual gamers flocked to 360 even though they have to pay for online and getting an inferior machine to the ps3. Ps3 tried to go casual with their move crap, but it sucked so bad and kinect blew it out the water. Sony knows that the casual gamer isnt their target so now their gonna poach hardcore gamers from 360 to widen their market. Gaming wise ps4 is way above the one right now, but business wise the one is the much better cash cow.

Are you asking me if Im a part of the industry? If so, no but I wish I was to get my hands on all the cool new stuff at e3, just an avid gamer who likes to keep up on all that junk aha

Console wars are always based on interpretations and sales. They (meaning people in the game industry) said that Nintendo dominated the console wars the past two years or so with the Wii U based on sales of the system but that is not a fair measuring stick. The Wii - U came out later than their competition so ofcourse the sales of the consoles will be better. People like to buy something new. But when you think of the actual gaming and their exclusives, Xbox is still dominating in the console wars of which one is the best. But I will give you the reason why xbox one will be the death nail for being dominant.

Think about what each consoles are known for.  Xbox was never really known for an all around entertainment system even though it can do the same thing like their competitors. In fact, more people buy a PS3 because of netflix and blue ray players and other stuff besides gaming while people who bought the xbox primary because of gaming. The brand has a lot to do with it too.  The people who are not into gaming but more into electronic as a whole will trust Sony over Microsoft. Because Sony has been doing electronics for over 50 years already while Microsoft barely dip into electronic in the late 70's and only concentrating on computers in the 80's.  Nintendo was the dominant console in the 80's because they concentrate on gaming. The Sega system in the 80's was a much more poweful system than Nintendo but got destroyed by Nintendo because they move away from concentrating on gaming to concentrating on having a cool looking system or other crap that gamers don't care about.  That is what xbox one is doing now. Nintendo was never a power house with the technology in their system but they know what gamers want. Unfortunately gamers in the 80's and early 90's who grew up with nintendo are now in their late 20's and 30's and now want a more mature games. That is the reason why nintendo will never beat out Playstation and Xbox with the console wars. However, Nintendo will beat out xbox one because they know who they are. Nintendo knows that due to the lack of machine capibility they have, they aim toward a more family oriented and kids games. And unless nobody have kids anymore, Nintendo will always have good revenue in terms of sales because parents will always look at the Wii first for their 12 and under kids. 

Xbox doesn't know who they are right now. They are known for online multiplayer and exclusive games. But they realized that Playstation is moving on up. They know that their competition is not Nintendo because Nintendo will never have a system that will over power them because Nintendo doesn't have the resources to create powerful systems. They know Sony is their biggest threat because Sony are known to create quality products and powerful system.  So what do they do? They panic. They start going away from their identity as a gaming console and concentrate more on other crap. That is what Sony did with their ps3 and Sony realized their mistakes. Xbox is now dippin into Sony's mistake of not concentrating on gaming but concentating on other BS. Sony on the other hand learn from their mistakes and realized what they need to do to be on top of the console wars again. They concentrate on gaming a lot more for the PS4. They already know how to concentrate on other crap besides gaming since they been doing that for the past 6 years or so. Xbox is movin in a direction that is unfamiliar to them and because of that, it is the wrong move on their part.

And yes game exclusives are important and you did point out that xbox stayed the same with their exclusive. How many more Halos do one need?  It is like Playstation keep on stuffing Uncharted games into their customers faces even if people are tired of that series. That is what i feel about Halo games. Now I know you harp on a smart business move for xbox aiming toward more casual fans. But is it really a smart move? Like I stated before, PS3 been aiming toward casual fans longer than xbox did.  I know several people who have a PS3 and never play games on it. But when we speak of xbox, the first thing people think of is gaming.  I still believe that the reason xbox outsell PS3 recently is because one,  the way the game system actually looks. PS3 changes their look because that big ugly bulky look doesn't work in this day and age and still the new look are not that impressive compared to xbox 360. Two, there are more gamers than casual fans and i still believe that, and three the pricing of the system.  Xbox always been cheaper to get pricing wised than ps3. Look at the retail prices ever since it came out. I never see a 360 being cheaper than ps3 for some reason.   I dont think it is because more casual fans buy an xbox 360.  I need to look at the facts about that. 

Didn't mean to write you a whole novel but I just want you to see that xbox one might be the death nail for xbox.  PS4 right now is a mystery to a lot of people and that is a stradegy in itself.  After E3, we will know more about both system. So far xbox screwed it up buy having a reveal about their system and alienating a lot of xbox fans.

And reason I asked you if you are part of the industry is because you said you going to E3.  People in the industry can go but I dont think normal people can attend. Maybe I read it wrong when you said it.

Edited by epicwolf, May 30, 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#50 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Console wars are always based on interpretations and sales. They (meaning people in the game industry) said that Nintendo dominated the console wars the past two years or so with the Wii U based on sales of the conslles but that is not a fair measuring stick. The Wii - U came out later than their competition so ofcourse the sales of the consoles will be better. People like to buy something new. But when you think of the actual gaming and their exclusives, Xbox is still dominating in the console wars of which one is the best. But I will give you the reason why xbox one will be the death nail for being dominant.

Think about what each consoles are known for.  Xbox was never really known for an all around entertainment system even though it can do the same thing like their competitors. In fact, more people buy a PS3 because of netflix and blue ray players and other stuff besides gaming while people who bought the xbox primary because of gaming. The brand has a lot to do with it too.  The people who are not into gaming but more into electronic as a whole will trust Sony over Microsoft. Because Sony has been doing electronics for over 50 years already while Microsoft barely dip into electronic in the late 70's and only concentrating on computers in the 80's.  Nintendo was the dominant console in the 80's because they concentrate on gaming. The Sega system in the 80's was a much more poweful system than Nintendo but got destroyed by Nintendo because they move away from concentrating on gaming to concentrating on having a cool looking system or other crap that gamers don't care about.  That is what xbox one is doing now. Nintendo was never a power house with the technology in their system but they know what gamers want. Unfortunately gamers in the 80's and early 90's who grew up with nintendo want a more mature games and that is the reason why nintendo will never beat out Playstation and Xbox with the console wars even though for some reason they are the winner of console wars for the past two years is because of the lack of technology inside their system. However, Nintendo will beat out xbox one because they know who they are. Nintendo knows that due to the lack of machine capibility they have, they aim toward a more family oriented and kids games. And unless nobody have kids anymore, Nintendo will always have good revenue in terms of sales because parents will always look at the Wii first for their 12 and under kids. 

Xbox doesn't know who they are right now. They are known for online multiplayer and exclusive games. But they realized that Playstation is moving on up. They know that their competition is not Nintendo because Nintendo will never have a system that will over power them because Nintendo doesn't have the resource create powerful systems. They know Sony is their biggest threat because Sony are known to create quality products and powerful system.  So what do they do? They panic. They start going away from their identity as a gaming console and concentrate more on other crap. That is what Sony did with their ps3 and Sony realized their mistakes. Xbox is now dippin into Sony's mistake of not concentrating on gaming but concentating on other BS. Sony on the other hand learn from their mistakes and realized what they need to do to be on top of the console wars again. They concentrate on gaming a lot more for the PS4. They already know how to concentrate on other crap besides gaming since they been doing that for the past 6 years or so. Xbox is movin in a direction that is unfamiliar to them and because of that, it is the wrong move on their part.

And yes game exclusives are important and you did point out that xbox stayed the same with their exclusive. How many more Halos do one need?  It is like Playstation keep on stuffing Uncharted games into their customers faces even if people are tired of that series. That is what i feel about Halo games. Now I know you harp on a smart business move for xbox aiming toward more casual fans. But is it really a smart move? Like I stated before, PS3 been aiming toward casual fans longer than xbox did.  I know several people who have a PS3 and never play games on it. But when we speak of xbox, the first thing people think of is gaming.  I still believe that the reason xbox outsell PS3 recently is because one,  the way the game system actually looks. PS3 changes their look because that big ugly bulky look doesn't work in this day and age and still the new look are not that impressive compared to xbox 360. Two, there are more gamers than casual fans and i still believe that, and three the pricing of the system.  Xbox always been cheaper to get pricing wised than ps3. Look at the retail prices ever since it came out. I never see a 360 being cheaper than ps3 for some reason.   I dont think it is because more casual fans buy an xbox 360.  I need to look at the facts about that. 

Didn't mean to write you a whole novel but I just want you to see that xbox one might be the death nail for xbox.  PS4 right now is a mystery to a lot of people and that is a stradegy in itself.  After E3, we will know more about both system. So far xbox screwed it up buy having a reveal about their system and alienating a lot of xbox fans.

And reason I asked you if you are part of the industry is because you said you going to E3.  People in the industry can go but I dont think normal people can attend. Maybe I read it wrong when you said it.

I know exactly what you mean and follow it perfectly. I agree with basically everything you said, except for the fact that core gamers are the bigger market. Casual gamers might of intially liked ps3 more because of the blu ray part, which from my expirence is true I know a bunch of households that got the ps3 over xbox because it could play blu ray players, but the game changer for xbox was the kinect. Little kids love that crap. When I say casual gamer I dont mean a 16 year old that plays video games for a few hours a week, to me a casual gamer is someone who falls in the ages of 5-12 or 35+ who are fans of kinect and the other gimmick crap MS has put out there.

Let me break it down more by numbers to show this. The kinect sold 1 million copies in just a short 10 days, even overseas in japan where MS isnt seen on the same level as Sony, when kinect came out that month xbox sales TRIPLED! Kinect alone sold as much as the first xbox, and even more than game cube. To us core gamers kinect is so damn useless and serves no purpose, but when that came out MS saw a huge rise in sales and in turn profit. They released the kinect after the 360 was out for a few years, and the kinect allowed for a new surge in sales, right there it shows you the market power that the kinect brings to the table. Casual gamers is where the money is at man. You might now a lot more gamers and of course you do becuase your friends with people in the same age bracket, but there are a ton of 8 year olds out there with their own xbox that are probably begging their parents for the new xbox already. I believe MS has a plan and the exclusive titles are how you keep the gaming crowd and by them pledging 1 billion bucks to new titles they know their plan. 

Your right that if MS loses all its core gamers it is doomed but think about it, how many halo fan boys are out there? Halo made the xbox brand period. If you had the first xbox you were probably a halo fan. Those carried over to the 360 and of course new fans were gained that were too young for the original xbox, the same will happen with the one. All halo fanatics will follow the one on top of a new market of halo fans with kids coming of age who start playing online games. If MS didnt have Halo in its back pocket I think the one would be a flop. Never was a halo fan I think its a pretty damn boring game, but their following is massive. It comes down to e3 really, if they show some great exclusives they will hold on to a chunk of their gamers, while also getting all the casual gamers.

We can go on for a while on how we think this will play out, but I hope the one isnt a flop because if Sony has all the gamers in their hands that isnt a good thing, competition between xbox and sony is what lead to these great gaming consoles and the great games we play, if the one is a flop sony might not go the extra mile that they are going right now to win the gamers once they have them.

As for e3 I didnt say I was going I said I cant wait for it because I normally watch it on tv lol.

#51 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,941 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:06 AM

#*^%

I just lost a huge multi-paragraph post...

ok... sum it up...

Xbox used to rock... Halo 3 and on was terrible...

COD was cool for a while, but the New COD every year is like a new madden every year...

Minecraft is the best game out there

DayZ is the future...

EA games is the worst company on the planet... (IDK, they are)

Oh yea, keniect is awful... games that tried to use it are unplayable... (unless they are wii sports knockoffs)

Edited by TKainZero, May 30, 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#52 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:10 AM

@phillylakers.  Oh yes. The kenect. I forgot about that. That is one of the reasons why more people buy xbox recently.  Though I heard Wii - U have a better kenect like system. Never bought it or tried it.  I just think Nintendo have the younger market and will always aim toward family oriented.  And the kinect for the xbox one will be more of a creepy thing than anything.  Already people complain about the kinect on xbox one that will always be on. 

Yea i dont want to go back and forth but it is always a good thing to see both side of the debate ..  I agree with some of your points. I might be wrong with more gamers than casual gamers because it is so hard to know. I used to be a casual gamer couple of years ago then I become a more true gamer. Not hardcore yet because I rarely play multiplayer game since most of my friends don't even play games anymore.

#53 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Speaking of EA.  Is it true that Madden NFL will be exclusive to Xbox?  If that is the case, that will suck.  I am a huge madden fan and I probably wont be getting an xbox one.  NFL and Microsoft trying to sleap people in the faces again.

Edited by epicwolf, May 30, 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#54 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,249 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:18 AM

If EA Sports going to go that route with madden and not let other part of the fan base to play their games, they are also going in the wrong directions.   2k will be destroying them with sports games.  2k already destroyed their basketball games.  NFL is so evil sometimes but yet I love their product

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,137 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 30, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Madden sucks anyway

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:49 PM

According to IGN only 9% of 360 users are thinking about getting the ps4. I think it has to be higher than that.

#57 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,893 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 30, 2013 - 04:56 PM

thinking about getting the limited madden for the free Sunday ticket.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#58 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,941 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 05:11 PM

anyone who likes video games stopped looking at IGN 10 years ago

According to IGN only 9% of 360 users are thinking about getting the ps4. I think it has to be higher than that.

#59 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 172 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Can't play used games on it, I'm guessing you can't play Redbox rental games either?

If that's so, thats about 95% of how i play console games. I'll pass on this generation.

I went back to PS3 after 3RROD x 3 Xbox 360s and got tired of paying for a Xbox Gold account and not using it. I'll probably stick with PS4..

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#60 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,437 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:46 PM

I really havent seen anything with it that would make me want it when it comes out. If I get it it will probably be like a year after it comes out(less bugs then and do not forget the 360's RROD). I dont even play new games that come out anyway cuz they are so [expletive]ing expensive now. Ill just play all the good games that I never got around to on the 360. Though I bet it will be a pretty good console. I mean its not a computer I have found that having an xbox is always nice. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users