#21 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 22, 2013 - 06:20 AM

That bums me out. It would totally suck for new users especially when they won't get to experience games like God of War, Gears of War, Uncharted, Halo. 

All the big time titles like that will eventually be able to be downloaded and played on the new systems I believe, makes the most sense to bring the block buster titles back for the younger crowd that missed it or people that just didn't play them the first time around.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#22 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 22, 2013 - 11:27 AM

People are going be like...

"Hey, you getting the Xbox 1"

And other people be like...

"yea, I bought it like 13 years ago..."

#23 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted May 24, 2013 - 03:58 PM

I was disappointed.

I'm an Xbox fan. I had both previous Xbox consoles. There are many reason's I'm getting a PS4

The Xbox is always online
Fees for used games
Kinect is mandatory
Online play still costs money
I won't get to keep any of my XBLA games.

I'm going PS4. You'd think they'd learn from Sim City and Diablo how always online is a terrible idea. I hope they flop.

#24 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,653 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 24, 2013 - 05:06 PM

<br />I was disappointed.<br /><br />I'm an Xbox fan. I had both previous Xbox consoles. There are many reason's I'm getting a PS4<br /><br />The Xbox is always online<br />Fees for used games<br />Kinect is mandatory<br />Online play still costs money<br />I won't get to keep any of my XBLA games.<br /><br />I'm going PS4. You'd think they'd learn from Sim City and Diablo how always online is a terrible idea. I hope they flop.

<br />You shouldn't make up your mind yet. I think the used game thing will be the standard going forward.

Edited by Busty Bluth, May 24, 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#25 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 24, 2013 - 06:30 PM

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

#26 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,930 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted May 24, 2013 - 06:41 PM

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

I saw that the other day and laughed so hard hahaha

You shouldn't make up your mind yet. I think the used game thing will be the standard going forward.

If that happens to be the case, it looks like I may go PC for the rest of my days

Edited by -Wade-, May 24, 2013 - 06:43 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#27 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted May 24, 2013 - 07:32 PM

I saw that the other day and laughed so hard hahaha

If that happens to be the case, it looks like I may go PC for the rest of my days

Yup. Not gonna get nickle and dimed when these consoles and games are already incredibly expensive. If I buy it used I'm not paying a fee to play it. Period.

#28 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 24, 2013 - 07:40 PM

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Lmao

Pau Gasol is GONE

#29 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,575 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted May 25, 2013 - 05:53 AM

I hate this, total bummer. I want a gaming console, not a family entertainment center. This thing is like an upgraded Wii. The only thing I want to be able to do is play games, really couldn't care less about the stupid gimmicky Kinect and voice commands and all that crap. I know most of my friends feel the same way, I'm just gonna hold out and keep playing my 360 until some changes are made or the price drops.

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted May 25, 2013 - 07:00 AM

http://www.eurogamer...alysis-xbox-one

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 L.A.7

L.A.7

Rookie

• 72 posts

Posted May 25, 2013 - 09:41 AM

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Lmao, pretty funny.

From what I have read many people are disappointed. Wonder if Microsoft will change a few things before they release it or even do a full announcement at E3.

Edited by L.A.7, May 25, 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted May 25, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Every facial expression is timed perfectly with that gif especially the Wii U part

Edited by Windu, May 25, 2013 - 12:15 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts

Posted May 25, 2013 - 05:01 PM

There will be used game fees but apprently it will be passed on to the people that resell the games. This means lost of profit for game stop hence why their stock has been taking a beating since the one has been announced because of uncertainty of used games. Still feel like I'm gonna get the PS4 unless the one has some great exclusives.

#34 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 11:12 AM

Not planning on buying this...

I hope Microsoft goes bankrupt

#35 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Not gonna happen ^^^

Microsoft is gonna make so much money off the one because their potential demographic is about 3 times that of the ps4. There is a huge decline in console base gaming overseas in Asia and that is where play station always did its damage. Microsoft has the US ages 5-65 demographic in their pocket right now, which sucks because that is what made them turn their back on the people that help build what xbox is, the core gamers.

#36 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,649 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Windows 8 is a flop
This will alienate most gamers

#37 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 28, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Playstation 4 will destroy the console wars.  Xbox One will be the console that will destroy Xbox fans and their company.  It sucks.  I gaurenteed it!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#38 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 401 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 28, 2013 - 12:45 PM

I was excited about this. Now I dunno..

#39 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 06:25 AM

Playstation 4 will destroy the console wars.  Xbox One will be the console that will destroy Xbox fans and their company.  It sucks.  I gaurenteed it!

I think microsoft is gonna make bank on this thing, it has a place in every home that watches tv, makes any tv into a smart tv. There gonna make a lot but lost a lot of core gamers, but compared to casual gamers and people that want to upgrade their entertainment system its a small piece of the pie they are losing for a big chunk of new money.

#40 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 29, 2013 - 07:27 AM

I think microsoft is gonna make bank on this thing, it has a place in every home that watches tv, makes any tv into a smart tv. There gonna make a lot but lost a lot of core gamers, but compared to casual gamers and people that want to upgrade their entertainment system its a small piece of the pie they are losing for a big chunk of new money.

You could be right. But how many "casual" gamers do you know out there?  I have a brother in law that hardly play video games. I asked him if he is going to buy an xbox one since its an "all in one" system.  He said he doesn't need those all in one system that xbox had to offer because the PS4 also is an all in one system and plus sony as a brand is so much better than microsoft in terms of electronics.  Xbox one is essentially another PC which make sense because Microsoft are known for computers. Why would one want to buy another computer when they already have better actual computers out there? Xbox was dominant in the past years because they concentrate on gaming and thus creating huge numbers of xbox fans all over the world. They make majority of their money from those gamers. If they lose their core customers which are hardcore gamers and only concentrate on getting "casual" gamers or people who doesn't give a crap about buying a game console in the first place, they will be done in no time. I don't see many people who are not into playing video games thinking about buying any gaming console just so they can have a better entertainment system for their tv. If I never play video games, why would I waste money getting a product that are capable of doing part of the things I never use? If I want an entertainment system for my TV, that last place I want to go to is my neighborhood gamestop.  The WII U already beating them in console wars and casual gamers because people who buy the Wii usually are parents who barely play video games and only buy it for thei little ones to play those little kid games. And now the PS4 will technically destroy any competition and grap all the hard core gamers from xbox because Playstation have a much better online gaming community now.  I seriously think this is the beggining of the end for Xbox as a company. They broke the camel's back when they will be charging customers to play used games and not backward compatible.  I dont know if PS4 going to be doing the same thing but the marketing genius for xbox just screwed the pooch. 

Edited by epicwolf, May 29, 2013 - 07:39 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users