yo.

#2 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 21, 2013 - 10:27 AM

Ahh...I still remember those wonder years when double C leading us to the promise land of the 7 and 8th seeds like how MDA is doing to the lakers right now. Those were the days when we know who are true lakers fans and who are just bandwagoners.  The only difference between that 93 - 95 Lakers team and this current lakers team is it wasn't the coaches but the lack of talent we have on the court. And we still managed to get three players to the all star game.  Dale Harris is better than MDA.  Randy Pfund probably better than MDA. Ofcourse Mike Dunleavy is no doubt better than MDA.  One thing is for sure, those coaches wouldn't changed how the players play just so it can fit their system. Imagine if Dale Harris asked Eddie Jones to stop with all this slashing and good defense business, you know the skills that help you to the NBA? Yea leave all those behind and I want you to just shoot threes and thats it so you can fit my system.  

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#3 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,119 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Ceballos never "led" us to a 7/8 seed.

His first year with the Lakers, the team was surprsing #5 seed and "upset" Seattle in Rd 1 of the play-offs, before taking SAS 6 games.

His second year, Magic returned mid-season, and the team finished as the #4 seed, only to fall to Houston in 4 games. 

Ceballos never played with Shaq.

Nothing overly impressive, but he was part of a key turnaround that in some ways led to Shaq choosing to sign with LA in the summer of 1996.   But Ceballos, and all the other 1996 Lakers, were gone by the time the Lakers won a championship in 2000.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#4 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 522 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted May 23, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Ahh...I still remember those wonder years when double C leading us to the promise land of the 7 and 8th seeds like how MDA is doing to the lakers right now. Those were the days when we know who are true lakers fans and who are just bandwagoners.  The only difference between that 93 - 95 Lakers team and this current lakers team is it wasn't the coaches but the lack of talent we have on the court. And we still managed to get three players to the all star game.  Dale Harris is better than MDA.  Randy Pfund probably better than MDA. Ofcourse Mike Dunleavy is no doubt better than MDA.  One thing is for sure, those coaches wouldn't changed how the players play just so it can fit their system. Imagine if Dale Harris asked Eddie Jones to stop with all this slashing and good defense business, you know the skills that help you to the NBA? Yea leave all those behind and I want you to just shoot threes and thats it so you can fit my system.  

well said, those were the years....I really liked those teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users