TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 17, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Copeland_Chris_nyk_121120.jpg

The New York Knicks could lose Chris Copeland this summer in restricted free agency.

Copeland will measure his market value after posting several strong performances in the Eastern Conference semifinals, including a 13 point, 4-rebound showing in the Knicks’ 85-75 win over the Pacers Thursday night.

The Knicks will extend a qualifying offer to Copeland, making him a restricted free agent, but they may be prohibited from matching any offer more than $3 million.

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 11:19 AM

That would be an absolutely devastating loss. The Knicks cannot let this happen.

yo.

#3 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Who?

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,974 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted May 20, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Dude is crucial to New York's run in the playoffs.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#5 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:30 PM

Had Woodson played him and Novak some instead of Kidd at all and at times Smith then maybe that series would've played out differently.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Had Woodson played him and Novak some instead of Kidd at all and at times Smith then maybe that series would've played out differently.

Woodson's not THAT good of a coach.  He just got hyped up as one because the Knicks started on fire and Carmelo was playing at the highest level of his life before getting injured.  

But Woodson playing Carmelo extended minutes while injured and yanking the bench during comebacks that the bench caused didn't help, nor did his non understanding on how to play Carmelo in the post or not to play him and Amar'e together.

Case in point

Game against the Pacers, Knicks mounting a comeback, Copeland hits two threes, Carmelo is at the scorers table. Stoudamire has contributed nothing.

Woodson subs out Stoudamire and subs Carmelo in at 4 while keeping Copeland at the 3 right?

No he replaces Copeland with Carmelo and leaves Amar'e in... playing Melo and Amar'e together...in a pivotal playoff game against the Pacers. 

Oh but he put Copeland back in at garbage time..and Copeland hit another three...

That's sort of what you get with Woodson, especially when his back is against the wall.  He will yank players that are leading momentum and then put stars to replace them in to try to "close the game" instead of just staying with the momentum lineup.  It cost them in that game especially but it was a microcosm of the problems during the season when things got rough.

That's the equivalent of Meeks coming in off the bench while the Lakers are down by 10 while Kobe sits at the scorers table watching and then Meeks going off and hitting 3 straight threes to bring the Lakers within one and D'antoni yanking Meeks and replacing him with Kobe instead of yanking Jamison who had contributed nothing at the 3 for the past 3 games and putting Kobe at the 3 instead "with" Meeks.

Edited by Majesty, May 23, 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,332 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 24, 2013 - 07:17 AM

This lost will set the Knicks back 10 years for sure.  No way they can let this future hall of famer player leave.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#8 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 24, 2013 - 11:56 PM

This lost will set the Knicks back 10 years for sure. No way they can let this future hall of famer player leave.

I think this is sarcasm but I can't tell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users