Photo

Metta opts in, will stay with Lakers (Pg. 6 - USA Today update)

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#161 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,061 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 25, 2013 - 10:20 PM

I can get Correy to do that simple [expletive]. Artest was doing that simple [expletive] last year. Correy can shoot and hustle and defender. Talking about Correy's shooting percentage better take a look at ronnies shooting and field goal percentage

Corey cannot shoot :smh:   He's worse on the perimeter than Artest

Ronnie Brewer is a career 49% shooter.

That is despite being on some teams that have tried to play him as a perimeter player when that's not his strength.

Ronnie Brewer is a career 49% from the field and 25% from three, like I said, he is NOT a perimeter shooter.

Yet Corey who IS the perimeter shooter is a career 41% from the field and 29% from three :laughing:
(metta's a better shooter than Corey by the way, at 41% from the field and 34% from three)  :laughing:

HIS(Cprey's) three point percentage is only 4% better than Ronnie's... I mean really?? 

Ronnie Brewer when playing with point guards that knew to find him on cuts and to the basket. 

Deron Williams

Ronnie's shooting percentage

52%
55%
50%
49%

In 5 games with Memphis where he was never used to his strengths and was relegated to perimeter a majority of the time(again NOt his strength)

23%

next year in Chicago with Derrick Rose as his point guard
48%

Next year with Rose half the time(Rose's injury season)

42% from the field.  But was effective when Rose played.

Last few years his percentage dropped.  But again that has to do with not being played to his strengths, the one thing that's always been consistent about Ronnie is that if you KNOW what his strengths are and play to them you got a guy that can  shoot 50% or more in a season and finish at the basket with a very high efficiency, and that if you try to play him like a perimeter player that his percentage suffers and so will your team. While the  thing that's been consistent about Corey is that he can't shoot for [expletive] since he was in Dallas.

And despite the fact Ronnie Brewer can't shoot along the perimeter for crap, you want us to take Corey Brewer who IS a perimeter based player who's 3 point percentage is only 4% better than Ronnie's.....

Sure kid.... :smh:

Edited by Majesty, June 25, 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#162 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,121 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 25, 2013 - 10:38 PM

we just need better wings. Can't be picky. Mettas time is up clearly.

#163 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 25, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Corey cannot shoot :smh:   He's worse on the perimeter than Artest

Ronnie Brewer is a career 49% shooter.

That is despite being on some teams that have tried to play him as a perimeter player when that's not his strength.

Ronnie Brewer is a career 49% from the field and 25% from three, like I said, he is NOT a perimeter shooter.

Yet Corey who IS the perimeter shooter is a career 41% from the field and 29% from three :laughing:

HIS three point percentage is only 4% better than Ronnie's... I mean really?? 

Ronnie Brewer when playing with point guards that knew to find him on cuts and to the basket. 

Deron Williams

Ronnie's shooting percentage

52%
55%
50%
49%

In 5 games with Memphis where he was never used to his strengths and was relegated to perimeter a majority of the time(again NOt his strength)

23%

next year in Chicago with Derrick Rose as his point guard
48%

Next year with Rose half the time(Rose's injury season)

42% from the field.  But was effective when Rose played.

Last few years his percentage dropped.  But again that has to do with not being played to his strengths, the one thing that's always been consistent about Ronnie is that if you KNOW what his strengths are and play to them you got a guy that can  shoot 50% or more in a season and finish at the basket with a very high efficiency, and that if you try to play him like a perimeter player that his percentage suffers and so will your team.

Yet despite the fact Brewer can't shoot along the perimeter for crap, you want us to take Brewer who's a perimeter based player who's 3 point percentage is only 4% better than Ronnie's.....

Sure kid.... :smh:

Correy is a worst shooter than artest get the [expletive] out.

Thats ronnies field goal percentage not his shooting percentage. He was way younger when he put up those percentages, and its unrelevant for what he can do now.  Nash and Blake is not D Williams or Rose lmao. So the stuff that u say doesnt mean [expletive] and the only reason why he has a better field goal percentage is because he shoots way lesser than Correy does (because he cant shoot remember and they use him for just cuts right? Hell I can figure out why he has better percentage than Correy ) Damn sure not going to tell me Artest and ronnie shoots better than Correy.

I would rather take a player who can do what ronnie does (which Correy is known for cutting to the basket too) but also can shoot and not just be a one dimensional player. Once they shut the cutting [expletive] down he has nothing going for him and they decide to take ronnies man and just double the post and force ronnie to shoot then what is he going to put up a floater cause he doesnt have touch or anything . Just what they did with Artest their going to do with Ronnie. Correy can get his. He can not only cut and play defense he can score and shoot. This is all from this year too. He can do more than just cut to the basket. Correy is better than ronnie not even close.

This kid knows more basketball than you :basketball:

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 25, 2013 - 10:57 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#164 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:01 PM

Correy is a worst shooter than artest get the [expletive] out.

Thats ronnies field goal percentage not his shooting percentage. He was way younger when he put up those percentages, and its unrelevant for what he can do now.  Nash and Blake is not D Williams or Rose lmao. So the stuff that u say doesnt mean [expletive] and the only reason why he has a better field goal percentage is because he shoots way lesser than Correy does (because he cant shoot remember and they use him for just cuts right? Hell I can figure out why he has better percentage than Correy ) Damn sure not going to tell me Artest and ronnie shoots better than Correy.

I would rather take a player who can do what ronnie does (which Correy is known for cutting to the baket too) but also can shoot and not just be a one dimensional player. Once they shut the cutting [expletive] down he has nothing going for him and they decide to take ronnies man and just double the post and force ronnie to shoot then what. Just what they did with Artest their going to do with Ronnie.

This kid knows more basketball than you :basketball:

14288.jpg

Alright where do I begin....

First of all

Both Nash and Blake are the kinds of point guards familiar with playing with cutters to the basket as well as maximizing players strengths like Ronnie Brewer's.

They don't HAVE to be Derrick Rose or Deron Williams to maximize his talents, they just have to know what kind of player he is and where his strengths are.

Do you seriously believe that Blake who was able to find Jamison everywhere on the court when he cut and Nash whose made a career out of finding cutters couldn't do the same for Ronnie Brewer?

Thats one argument of yours put down.

So he shoots "lesser" than Corey does... not by much...

Corey Brewer shoots 3-8 times a game
Ronnie Brewer shoots 3-6 times a game. 

Not a SIGNIFICANT difference especially when you consider how Ronnie is more a cutter than a perimeter player.

and YES I am going to tell you that Artest shoots better than Corey.

And YES I will tell you that Artest shot better than Corey from three this year too

Corey Brewer: 29% from three
Metta World Peace: 34% from three

Career Metta World Peace: 41% from the field 34% from three
Career Corey Brewer: 41% from the field 29% from three

Yes.. Yes... Yes.. Metta World Peace is a better perimeter shooter than Corey Brewer.  Yes you have to deal with it, yes you were wrong.  Yes you only watched Corey play one good game against us and assumed he was a great perimeter scorer and yes this argument is over.

Thank you for admitting you would take someone that does what Ronnie does.

But you say that Ronnie can be easily shut down?

Let me remind you of something, if they stay single covered on Ronnie to prevent him from cutting that means they are leaving Gasol or Howard ALONE in the post....

How long you think that's going to last?

Having a consistent cutter and finisher like Brewer on the floor especially with post passers like Dwight and Pau will make his life a heck of a lot easier and if they defend him to closely it allows both Gasol and/or Howard to go iso instead which again no one in the NBA wants to do and it also a cutter like Brewer takes advantage of when defenses overload on Howard or Gasol cause he'll come from the blind side.

And as I said he's also a better defender.

On the other hand Corey Brewer can be shut down rather easily, just leave him wide open :laughing:

That kid should have taken his ball and went home :basketball:

But +1 for trying.

Don't try to win an argument with highlights.  I could pull up Highlights that make Ronnie Brewer look like a 3 point shooter and Smush Parker look like an all-star.

But ill post a highlight video for Ronnie for no reason other than I like this one

Edited by Majesty, June 25, 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#165 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 11:33 PM

Alright where do I begin....

First of all

Both Nash and Blake are the kinds of point guards familiar with playing with cutters to the basket as well as maximizing players strengths like Ronnie Brewer's.

They don't HAVE to be Derrick Rose or Deron Williams to maximize his talents, they just have to know what kind of player he is and where his strengths are.

Do you seriously believe that Blake who was able to find Jamison everywhere on the court when he cut and Nash whose made a career out of finding cutters couldn't do the same for Ronnie Brewer?

Thats one argument of yours put down.

So he shoots "lesser" than Corey does... not by much...

Corey Brewer shoots 3-8 times a game
Ronnie Brewer shoots 3-6 times a game. 

Not a SIGNIFICANT difference especially when you consider how Ronnie is more a cutter than a perimeter player.

and YES I am going to tell you that Artest shoots better than Corey.

And YES I will tell you that Artest shot better than Corey from three this year too

Corey Brewer: 29% from three
Metta World Peace: 34% from three

Career Metta World Peace: 41% from the field 34% from three
Career Corey Brewer: 41% from the field 29% from three

Yes.. Yes... Yes.. Metta World Peace is a better perimeter shooter than Corey Brewer.  Yes you have to deal with it, yes you were wrong.  Yes you only watched Corey play one good game against us and assumed he was a great perimeter scorer and yes this argument is over.

Thank you for admitting you would take someone that does what Ronnie does.

But you say that Ronnie can be easily shut down?

Let me remind you of something, if they stay single covered on Ronnie to prevent him from cutting that means they are leaving Gasol or Howard ALONE in the post....

How long you think that's going to last?

Having a consistent cutter and finisher like Brewer on the floor especially with post passers like Dwight and Pau will make his life a heck of a lot easier and if they defend him to closely it allows both Gasol and/or Howard to go iso instead which again no one in the NBA wants to do and it also a cutter like Brewer takes advantage of when defenses overload on Howard or Gasol cause he'll come from the blind side.

And as I said he's also a better defender.

On the other hand Corey Brewer can be shut down rather easily, just leave him wide open :laughing:

Playing with Derrick Rose and Deron Williams maximize his strengths because he was playing with superstar point guards that was a threat with the ball in their hands. So yes it does have something to do with Rose and Williams of why he played the way he played. Blake and Nash is not going to bring the same game nor is going to effect the game the way Rose and Williams is going to. Game is a lot easier playing with a superstar point guard than a back up and a starter. No because if they could maximize his strength then why the [expletive] they didnt maximize Artest strengths who does the same damn thing. 

Corey takes 5 three pointers a game and 10 FGA a game to Ronnies three pointers 0.6 and 6 FGA and MWP is like the same as corey. Hell MWP is a better shooter than Ronnie. Funny thing is Corey came off the bench and scored as much points as metta started lol with a lesser three point percentage.

Just because he has the better percentage does not mean he is the better shooter. If thats the case ron is a better shooter than Kevin Love, Jason Terry, JJ redick not to far from be a better shooter than Ryan Anderson, Kyrie Irving. So yes I have to be wrong and I u have deal with ron being better shooter than all of them right =]

I said I would take a player that can do what ronnie does and more. Corey can do what ronnie does and more. I also said that they will be doubling Pau and Dwight and will be taking ronnies man off so they can help with the double and force him to shoot or come near the post where he and pau and dwight  would even be easier to guard, I never said the will single cover pau or Ronnie. They tried that same [expletive]  u said with Ron artest and it didnt work

Hes not a better defender. Correy disturb players with his length and is taller than Ronnie the only thing ronnie has him in is strength.

Check out those videos he can score and its from this year too not no old [expletive] from 03 and when Ronnie was with Utah. He is a whole different player now. so you fail at that. Not showing you a highlight to show it I am showing u plays where u can see he can score and shoot its not a highlight. Leave him wide open he still has a better shot making it than MWP and ronnie and way better scorer too. Damn sure not going to find a plays where ronnie looks like a three pointer shooter or smush look like an all star lmao

I am done.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 26, 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#166 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 01:04 AM

Playing with Derrick Rose and Deron Williams maximize his strengths because he was playing with superstar point guards that was a threat with the ball in their hands. So yes it does have something to do with Rose and Williams of why he played the way he played. Blake and Nash is not going to bring the same game nor is going to effect the game the way Rose and Williams is going to. Game is a lot easier playing with a superstar point guard than a back up and a starter. No because if they could maximize his strength then why the [expletive] they didnt maximize Artest strengths who does the same damn thing. 

Corey takes 5 three pointers a game and 10 FGA a game to Ronnies three pointers 0.6 and 6 FGA and MWP is like the same as corey. Hell MWP is a better shooter than Ronnie. Funny thing is Corey came off the bench and scored as much points as metta started lol with a lesser three point percentage.

Just because he has the better percentage does not mean he is the better shooter. If thats the case ron is a better shooter than Kevin Love, Jason Terry, JJ redick not to far from be a better shooter than Ryan Anderson, Kyrie Irving. So yes I have to be wrong and I u have deal with ron being better shooter than all of them right =]

I said I would take a player that can do what ronnie does and more. Corey can do what ronnie does and more. I also said that they will be doubling Pau and Dwight and will be taking ronnies man off so they can help with the double and force him to shoot or come near the post where he and pau and dwight  would even be easier to guard, I never said the will single cover pau or Ronnie. They tried that same [expletive]  u said with Ron artest and it didnt work

Hes not a better defender. Correy disturb players with his length and is taller than Ronnie the only thing ronnie has him in is strength.

Check out those videos he can score and its from this year too not no old [expletive] from 03. Not showing you a highlight to show it I am showing a highlight where u can see he can score and shoot. Leave him wide open he still has a better shot making it than MWP and ronnie and way better scorer too.

I am done.

You're saying that Nash and Blake didn't maximize Artest's strengths...

Artest's strengths aren't cutting to the basket :smh:

His strengths are catching the ball in the post and bullying his way inside, two different things.

You also have to factor in that Metta's best position right now is the power forward position because he can get post position from there, and thus that's why his best games were when he was the bench 4 or the starting 4 because Pau was out.  

But Metta isn't a basket cutter not even close.   When's the last time you saw Metta set a screen and flash screen and cut to the basket ala Jamison to be fed for the layup?

Never you say?  Cause it's not his style :smh:    To maximize his strengths you play him at the 4 in the post, not off cuts or as the pick and roll roll man. 

Trying to compare Metta's playing style and Ronnie Brewers is like apples and oranges and just you saying that lets me know you've never watched Ronnie Brewer play.

You're bragging about the fact that Corey has a lesser shooting percentage than Metta :smh:    Ronnie is not a three point shooter.   MWP is a better perimeter shooter than both Ronnie and Corey.   And yeah Corey came off the bench and shot 29% from three and yet you want that guy on the perimeter?      Yeah very obviously as Corey Brewer was a corner stone of the Nuggets bench while Metta was in the starting lineup with Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Dwight Howard.  Are you REALLY trying to make a compliment for Corey scoring as often as Metta who is the 5th scorer on that starting unit?   Are you THAT desperate?   And despite what you said you pretty much admitted it, he shot a worse 3 point percentage.  Like I said, with Corey Brewer our perimeter shooting gets WORSE :smh:   Get it now?

What the heck are you talking about??

Kevin love shoots 35% from three and had an injury riddled season
Jason Terry shoots 37% from three and 44% from the field
Ryan Anderson shoots 38% from three and 42% from the field which is understandable as almost half of his shots are 3s
Kyrie Irving shoots 45% from the field and 39%  from three

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  How would stats make Metta a better shooter than any of those?   You're not making any sense!  :smh:

Um no they didn't...

What they did with Ron Artest wasn't having him cut for Gasol and Howard, they had Ron Artest spot up in a corner and shoot threes.   Pretty much the same thing they'd ask Corey Brewer to do.   Like I said, if you think Ron Artests main strength was being a split screen cutter then you and I are on two completely different wavelengths and I gave you a lot more credit than I should have in terms of basketball knowledge.

Ron Artest's main strength being a roll man and a cutter?   :laughing:

And if they doubled up on Pau or Dwight they wouldn't "pass it out" to Ronnie because Ronnie would already be cutting through a hole in the defense like he's one of the most efficient at doing and he'd be at the basket by the time the defense could adjust.  

COREY would be the one that would get the ball passed out back to the perimeter for an open 3.  And since he shoots 29% from there the defense will give him that all day and overload on both Dwight and Pau.   Whereas Ronnie would be cutting to the basket through a gap and scoring at the rim before they could adjust if they overloaded.

Again, advantage Ronnie like I told you last time you tried to say the same thing.

And Ronnie is better at defensive rotations, blocking shots, not being bullied, as well as sticking on a man and not fouling, ask Kobe. 
So once again, no Corey is not the better defender, let it go.  Moving on.

Check out those videos he can score and its from this year too not no old [expletive] from 03. Not showing you a highlight to show it I am showing a highlight where u can see he can score and shoot. Leave him wide open he still has a better shot making it than MWP and ronnie and way better scorer too.

I am done.

Like I said, don't try to use highlight videos to make a player look good. 

I could find you one of Smush Parker looking like the future of the league.  So quit it. 

And no he doesn't have a better shot at making a wide open three than Artest.

He shoots 29% from three, Artest shoots 35% get it through your skull.     He's not a better perimeter shooter than Artest and is inconsistent as heck and much more inconsistent than Artest as well and I watched the Denver nuggets this year, not just some highlights from youtube, and not just the times they played the Lakers. THE ENTIRE YEAR.   He's inconsistent as heck and you cringe whenever he hoists a three.

So no matter how many times you say it, his shooting percentage isn't gonna skyrocket higher than Artests because quite simply he isn't the better shooter and is more inconsistent and you'd hate him the instant you had to see him on a night in night out basis and with each three he shot your hope for humanity would follow.

You've been done :)

Edited by Majesty, June 26, 2013 - 01:06 AM.

#167 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:11 AM

You're saying that Nash and Blake didn't maximize Artest's strengths...

Artest's strengths aren't cutting to the basket :smh:

His strengths are catching the ball in the post and bullying his way inside, two different things.

You also have to factor in that Metta's best position right now is the power forward position because he can get post position from there, and thus that's why his best games were when he was the bench 4 or the starting 4 because Pau was out.  

But Metta isn't a basket cutter not even close.   When's the last time you saw Metta set a screen and flash screen and cut to the basket ala Jamison to be fed for the layup?

Never you say?  Cause it's not his style :smh:    To maximize his strengths you play him at the 4 in the post, not off cuts or as the pick and roll roll man. 

Trying to compare Metta's playing style and Ronnie Brewers is like apples and oranges and just you saying that lets me know you've never watched Ronnie Brewer play.

You're bragging about the fact that Corey has a lesser shooting percentage than Metta :smh:    Ronnie is not a three point shooter.   MWP is a better perimeter shooter than both Ronnie and Corey.   And yeah Corey came off the bench and shot 29% from three and yet you want that guy on the perimeter?      Yeah very obviously as Corey Brewer was a corner stone of the Nuggets bench while Metta was in the starting lineup with Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Dwight Howard.  Are you REALLY trying to make a compliment for Corey scoring as often as Metta who is the 5th scorer on that starting unit?   Are you THAT desperate?   And despite what you said you pretty much admitted it, he shot a worse 3 point percentage.  Like I said, with Corey Brewer our perimeter shooting gets WORSE :smh:   Get it now?

What the heck are you talking about??

Kevin love shoots 35% from three and had an injury riddled season
Jason Terry shoots 37% from three and 44% from the field
Ryan Anderson shoots 38% from three and 42% from the field which is understandable as almost half of his shots are 3s
Kyrie Irving shoots 45% from the field and 39%  from three

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  How would stats make Metta a better shooter than any of those?   You're not making any sense!  :smh:

Um no they didn't...

What they did with Ron Artest wasn't having him cut for Gasol and Howard, they had Ron Artest spot up in a corner and shoot threes.   Pretty much the same thing they'd ask Corey Brewer to do.   Like I said, if you think Ron Artests main strength was being a split screen cutter then you and I are on two completely different wavelengths and I gave you a lot more credit than I should have in terms of basketball knowledge.

Ron Artest's main strength being a roll man and a cutter?   :laughing:

And if they doubled up on Pau or Dwight they wouldn't "pass it out" to Ronnie because Ronnie would already be cutting through a hole in the defense like he's one of the most efficient at doing and he'd be at the basket by the time the defense could adjust.  

COREY would be the one that would get the ball passed out back to the perimeter for an open 3.  And since he shoots 29% from there the defense will give him that all day and overload on both Dwight and Pau.   Whereas Ronnie would be cutting to the basket through a gap and scoring at the rim before they could adjust if they overloaded.

Again, advantage Ronnie like I told you last time you tried to say the same thing.

And Ronnie is better at defensive rotations, blocking shots, not being bullied, as well as sticking on a man and not fouling, ask Kobe. 
So once again, no Corey is not the better defender, let it go.  Moving on.

I am done.

Like I said, don't try to use highlight videos to make a player look good. 

I could find you one of Smush Parker looking like the future of the league.  So quit it. 

And no he doesn't have a better shot at making a wide open three than Artest.

He shoots 29% from three, Artest shoots 35% get it through your skull.     He's not a better perimeter shooter than Artest and is inconsistent as heck and much more inconsistent than Artest as well and I watched the Denver nuggets this year, not just some highlights from youtube, and not just the times they played the Lakers. THE ENTIRE YEAR.   He's inconsistent as heck and you cringe whenever he hoists a three.

So no matter how many times you say it, his shooting percentage isn't gonna skyrocket higher than Artests because quite simply he isn't the better shooter and is more inconsistent and you'd hate him the instant you had to see him on a night in night out basis and with each three he shot your hope for humanity would follow.

You've been done :)

Metta cuts to the basket too... I never said he was only cut to the basket but he does have that to his game and he does post moves it is in his game too,  and they tried having Metta cut to the basket and post up yes they have. never said ron was a roll man. They both have similar games the both have to play closer to the basket both cant shoot both average defenders its closer than you think.

I said Corey is the better shooter. Who would you want shooting and I think its Corey like I said.

This year Metta shot better than most of them from 3 doesnt mean he is the better 3 point shooter. Kevin Love shot a 21% JJ shot a 31%  Doesnt mean you would pick MWP to shoot over these guys this year. and just because Corey's 3 point percentage is lower doesnt mean metta is the better shooter. Never said corey was better three pointer shooter. I said he is the better shooter I would have more faith in Corey shooting the jumper than MWP imo

oh yes they did. They forced ron to shoot while doubling Pau and Dwight. i said that. What are u not getting?

i didnt use highlight videos i showed you film that he can shoot and score. Brewer is the better offensive player.  Ur not going to find film where smush looks like an all star in a game and ur not going to find film of ronnie who looks like he is a three point shooter in a game.

Ronnie fouls too with his aggressive plays. Corey is can steal the ball with his great hands, with blocking and disturbing shots and is quicker and better defensive iq.

Like I said i would rather Have Corey who can do the same as Ronnie yet can do more with the ball. He is a better shooter than Ronnie so it would be stupid getting a player who can only cut and play D when you cn get someone who can not only cut and defend but do more with the ball

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 26, 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#168 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:33 AM

Metta cuts to the basket too... I never said he was only cut to the basket but he does has that to his game and he does post moves it is in his game too,  and they tried having Metta cut to the basket and post up yes they have. never said ron was a roll man. They both have similar games the both have to play closer to the basket both cant shoot both average defenders its closer than you think.

I said Corey is the better shooter. Who would you want shooting and I think its Corey like I said.

This year Metta shot better than all of them doesnt mean he is the better shooter. Doesnt mean you would pick MWP to shoot over these guys this year. and just because Corey's percentage is lower doesnt mean metta is the better shooter.

oh yes they did. They forced ron to shoot while doubling Pau and Dwight. i said that. What are u not getting?

i didnt use highlight videos i showed you film that he can shoot and score. Ur not going to find film where smush looks like an all star in a game and ur not going to find film of ronnie who looks like he is a three point shooter in a game.

Ronnie fouls too with his aggressive plays. Corey is can steal the ball with his great hands, with blocking and disturbing shots and is quicker and better defensive iq.

I didn't just bring up this year, I brought up career wise too.  And Career wise Metta doesn't shoot better than either of the guys you tried to being up.  But guess what... he does shoot career wise better than Corey Brewer so you're still wrong :)

Cut to the basket is not Metta's strength -_- He does not have the first step quickness for that anymore and he's not the guy out there setting screens, when he gets to the basket its either on a fast break or from the post.     He doesn't beat you off the dribble to cut to the basket nor does he cut to the basket off ball as often as Ronnie Brewer.  Why?  Because they had him spot up in the corner for 3s all day. 

And I told you that they didn't have Metta cut to the basket when pau and Dwight were doubled.

I told you they pretty much did with Metta what they'd do with Corey Brewer and Corey Brewer is a worse shooter(career wise and perimeter wise) than Metta is.    So I don't know what you're not getting.

Ronnie is the guy who would be cutting to the basket off the screens and off ball, because that's his game.  Metta's game isn't based around cutting, it's based around post banging,  Ronnie's game is based around his cutting ability and moving off ball.

Metta and Ronnie have two completely different games and are asked to do two completely different things.  You can't compare them.

Oh really?  I won't find a video making Smush parker looking like an all-star?

Hold on

Boy were we crazy letting that guy go!!

But nothing compared to that defensive force that was Shawn Bradley!

and sigh... Corey Brewer averages more fouls than Ronnie Brewer -_- 

Career wise as well

Corey also turns the ball over more

Isn't as good a dribbler

And isn't as adept at stealing the ball without fouling.

He's not the better defender.  Just like he's not a better shooter than Artest this year or career wise.   Wish you'd stop trying to make it so cause you didn't watch his entire year in Denver.

Then again you want a guy that hoists 29% from three point land to get those shots off of overloaded Gasol and Dwight and would continually miss and would virtually be worse than Metta  as opposed to a guy who shoots 65% when going to the basket and is one of the most efficient moving off ball and cutters in the league. Who are you Mike D'antoni?    

Whatever.     I'm done replying to you.

Edited by Majesty, June 26, 2013 - 02:37 AM.

#169 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:51 AM

He shoots the three career wise better yes I never said that he doesn't. I said that he was the better shooter MWP is a better 3 point shooter than Jordan does that mean mwp is a better shooter noo

Didnt I just say that they forced Metta to shoot jumpers while his man is doubling pau or dwight.

Ronnie and Metta game is similar (similar does mean they entirely play the same) they have to stay close to the basket and cant shoot and good defenders.

I can say the same abut Ronnie is not a good ball dribbler not a good passer and bad decision maker. So getting less fouls makes him the better defender ok

Thats not film in one game playing like an allstar that highlights of him. lol now show me ronnies.

and it doesnt change the fact it would be stupid getting a player who can only cut and play D when you can get someone who can not only cut and defend but do more with the ball. At the end of the day Corey is a better shooter than ronnie that is what we were talking about. would love having mwp and Corey

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 26, 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#170 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:29 AM

I know there are some  Ron Artest fans who are laker fans but it is one thing to be a fan but another to just be realistic. If any Artest fans trying to justify how good he is, you are just digging yourself a big hole. The reality is Ron Artest is NOT A GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYER ANYMORE!!!  Period. No arguement. He can't dribble, he can't shoot and now he can't defend. So what is he good for?   Forget the % crap. Forget the "he hustles" crap'  Forget the "he got a big body so he can body up people" Crap.  He is just a 7.7 million dollar waste of space and for anybody who has a brain knows that.   The bottom line is Metta World Piece becomes Metta World Tragedy and for anybody to try to convinced people that he can still help a team needs just stop.  You are embarrassing yourself and your credibility.  Open your eyes and watch him play.  Just please open your eyes.  Good God!  

The Ron Artest you guys enjoy and love had died in 2010. Ever since he changed his name to one of the most ridiculous name you can find, he is not Ron Artest anymore but just a side show. Just let Metta WOrld Piece join the reality tv show misfits because that is where he belong now. He is entertaining by being retarded out of the basketball world. Thats it. He should not be playing basketball ever again.  

Edited by epicwolf, June 26, 2013 - 05:33 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#171 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:18 AM

This guy couldn't find anyone to pay hime $7mm plus a year in the NBA.  So he'll stay.  He's not awful, he actually had some decent games this year and didn't go in the stands or try to strangle anyone, so this isn't all bad. 

• 40,400 posts

Posted July 08, 2013 - 12:47 PM

So with current events now regarding Kaman & finances, MDI seems to think it's a sure bet MWP's being amnestied now.

What say you?

yo.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users