Photo

Phil Jackson Reflects On Kobe; Compares To MJ

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 02:28 PM

http://blacksportson...ated-teammates/

“Michael was more charismatic and gregarious than Kobe. He loved hanging out with his teammates and security guards, playing cards, smoking cigars, and joking around,” Jackson said in the book, which was obtained in advance by The Times.

“Kobe is different. He was reserved as a teenager, in part because he was younger than the other players and hadn’t developed strong social skills in college. When Kobe first joined the Lakers, he avoided fraternizing with his teammates. But his inclination to keep to himself shifted as he grew older. Increasingly, Kobe put more energy into getting to know the other players, especially when the team was on the road.”

Phil-Jackson-compares-jordan-to-kobe.jpg

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Phil Jackson’s Opinion On Kobe Changed After Rape Accusation For Specific Reason

http://blacksportson...ecific-reasons/

“Brooke expected me to get angry and make her feel protected. Instead I suppressed my rage — as I’d been conditioned to do during childhood by my parents … it left her feeling alone and unsupported. (In the end, after filing a report with the police, Brooke chose not to press charges.)

“The Kobe incident triggered all my unprocessed anger and tainted my perception of him. … It distorted my view of Kobe throughout the 2003-04 season. No matter what I did to extinguish it, the anger kept smoldering in the background.”

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,925 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:30 PM

Excerpts taken from a book, taking shots at Kobe.

Where have I seen this before?

I'm sure there's a much more complete statement though, they just took those parts out to make a story out of it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,474 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:14 PM

do you guys think kobe actually raped the girl? just want to know other peoples views cause i think he did and got off lucky. this is so old though lmfaooo.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,365 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:18 PM

They found another man's sperm in her quickly. Really hurt any credibility she might've ever had.

yo.

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:36 PM

do you guys think kobe actually raped the girl? just want to know other peoples views cause i think he did and got off lucky. this is so old though lmfaooo.

They found multiple sperms in her(including that of the Sheriff's.  Not to mention her reputation as a groupie from Nuggets players, on top of that her bragging to her friends and in clubs about Kone's "size".

She was a skank that was looking for a paycheck.  Nothing more nothing less.   

That's why when it started coming out that she had more nuts in her than a snickers bar she changed that to a civil suit real quick.

#6 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted May 16, 2013 - 05:01 PM

Bresnahan's article is where the except is taken from. The full article is a good read. 

http://www.latimes.c...9009,full.story

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

• 40,365 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 05:05 PM

She also had a drug overdose while with her kid on half a bag of cocaine or something like that:

http://wendyista.blo...ffers-drug.html

Edited by    , May 16, 2013 - 05:05 PM.

yo.

#8 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,987 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted May 16, 2013 - 05:48 PM

As for the recent Phill comparison of Kobe and MJ, which is basically what nearly every NBA fan has and will talk about for a long time. Most level headed Laker fans agree MJ was a better overall player than Kobe, certainly has way more achievements. But people always fail to notice MJ's superior athletic gifts, not saying he didn't work for it but his athleticism, palm size, and frame. Kobe is just an average built athlete for the most part. Besides MJ supposedly had about 5 percent body fat, that is just insane especially looking at todays pudgier players.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Kobe's response

kobeinstagram1.png

#10 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Phil will be on Jay Leno tonight at 11:35 for the West coasters. Should be interesting.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#11 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 579 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2013 - 02:50 AM

As for the recent Phill comparison of Kobe and MJ, which is basically what nearly every NBA fan has and will talk about for a long time. Most level headed Laker fans agree MJ was a better overall player than Kobe, certainly has way more achievements. But people always fail to notice MJ's superior athletic gifts, not saying he didn't work for it but his athleticism, palm size, and frame. Kobe is just an average built athlete for the most part. Besides MJ supposedly had about 5 percent body fat, that is just insane especially looking at todays pudgier players.

you also have to take into account kobe has had THREE knee surgeries and more overall hand related injuries than Jordan ever had to deal with 

In terms of kobe vs Michael 

Skill wise i would say they are about even 

what separates Michael from Kobe is Michael is more smarter/patient =took higher percentage shots 

but also at the same time we have to admit he has lesser athletic and shorter wing defenders to deal with 

The only player who could guard Jordan who has the physical tools to keep up with him was playing on his team -scottie pippen 

Think of it like this take Kobe and put him in lebrons body and then take lebron and put him in kobes body with the 3 knee surgeries 

you tell me who is the better player ......kobe and its not even close 

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 02:58 AM

you also have to take into account kobe has had THREE knee surgeries and more overall hand related injuries than Jordan ever had to deal with 

In terms of kobe vs Michael 

Skill wise i would say they are about even 

what separates Michael from Kobe is Michael is more smarter/patient =took higher percentage shots 

but also at the same time we have to admit he has lesser athletic and shorter wing defenders to deal with 

The only player who could guard Jordan who has the physical tools to keep up with him was playing on his team -scottie pippen 

Think of it like this take Kobe and put him in lebrons body and then take lebron and put him in kobes body with the 3 knee surgeries 

you tell me who is the better player ......kobe and its not even close 

You don't even need to put Kobe in LeBron's body, put Kobe in his physical prime against LeBron right now who is in his physical prime and see who is the better player.

It's not even close then either ;)

#13 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 579 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2013 - 03:03 AM

You don't even need to put Kobe in LeBron's body, put Kobe in his physical prime against LeBron right now who is in his physical prime and see who is the better player.

It's not even close then either ;)

2002-2003 yup 

#14 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 17, 2013 - 05:12 AM

No, I don't think he raped her.

FWIW, I don't think Mike Tyson raped Desiree Washington, either.

The message though, is this: Don't have sex with strangers. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. Get married.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#15 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,742 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:04 AM

I don't think Kobe raped her. If he had, why would she have refused to testify in a place that would have happily sided with her? The anger that Phil felt probably wasn't directly pointed at Kobe. Opening up the pain associated with an event his daughter experienced was probably what he felt. He is merely just being open and honest like he always is.

#16 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:42 AM

Seems like all the same sheet from his prior book & comments made when talking Kobe vs mJ. Nothing new so far who cares.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#17 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,987 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted May 17, 2013 - 04:25 PM

I am just biased, I have always preferred guard play over forwards. For me guards are best when they are quick moving players that can be offensive or facilitators, and should play defense (it is like people do not notice the name guard). TNT and ESPN always say how exciting Lebron is, I never found his game that entertaining. It is only unitl recently that his jump shot improved and I do not think he is that creative, isn't a crafty dribbler, he is just quick for his size so guarding his straight on is really difficult. He is a power dunker, but that is it. I actually think he was a better passer in Cleveland but this is debateable.

All in all MJ was great to watch, great finesse, could drive or shoot any midrange and he was surprising and creative as his years progressed. Plus he could just give any player he was guarding fits. Kobe was a smaller build and I guess him not developing quicker set him back given Shaq's Lakers as far as overall legacy. But it is true Kobe just was very athletic because his desire, his body simply has started to ware out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users