Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:06 PM

Good, more young players should look to learn from the best

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#3 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,720 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:20 PM

I remember certain player who didn't think he needed Kareem...

Posted Image

#4 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:20 PM

lol no need. she will dominate without it

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,897 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:21 PM

"Close out games are kinda easy."

Impossible is nothing.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:28 PM

at least he worked with him for 5 years before he decided that.  But he would have saved his knees if he had stayed.

Edited by Majesty, May 16, 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,958 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:34 PM

http://blacksportson...m-abdul-jabbar/

Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-Brittney-Griner.jpg

Brittney if she continues to learn from him is going to become a superstar, cause it's hard enough for women to stop her now... imagining her with a post game learned from Kareem himself... she'll be unstoppable.   I'm very impressed she is doing this before even playing a single game in the league, shows a lot about her.

• 40,603 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:38 PM

OR maybe, she's trying to master down this deadly weapon to give that try-out with Mark Cuban & Dallas an actual serious thought.

yo.

#9 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Good, bring back the post game. Tired of all of these "centers" shooting 14-foot jumpshots and acting tough at the same time.

#10 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,487 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted May 16, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Brittney if she continues to learn from him is going to become a superstar, cause it's hard enough for women to stop her now... imagining her with a post game learned from Kareem himself... she'll be unstoppable.   I'm very impressed she is doing this before even playing a single game in the league, shows a lot about her.

She's already a Superstar, and she's already unstoppable.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 16, 2013 - 02:25 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,958 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 02:59 PM

She's already a Superstar, and she's already unstoppable.

That's college, this is the WNBA.  She'll need a refined post game and needed to become a more complete player.

This is something that will take her to that next level earlier than if she had waited years to do it.

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:05 PM

That's college, this is the WNBA. She'll need a refined post game and needed to become a more complete player.

This is something that will take her to that next level earlier than if she had waited years to do it.

Stars in college usually always translate to stars in the WNBA no problem. The women's game is very watered down in terms of talent. That's why March Madness isn't close to the level that it is for the men's game

#13 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,956 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:08 PM

That's college, this is the WNBA.  She'll need a refined post game and needed to become a more complete player.

lol yea cuz the WNBA has such great talent. 

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,958 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:09 PM

lol yea cuz the WNBA has such great talent. 

Yeah, it does. 

If it wasn't then someone like Candace Parker would have had 3 championships by now.  It still takes more than individual effort to make it there.

it's a great great thing that Brittney is working on completing her game before even playing a game there :)

Not gonna take away from that decision to becoming an even more unstoppable force.   Bringing THAT kind of post game to the WNBA... it's going to be scary.

Edited by Majesty, May 16, 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#15 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,487 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:16 PM

She's going to dominate. doesn't need to refined post game there is no one her height, her athleticism  that is going to stop her from doing what she wants to do, she has a lot of post moves (adding the kareem sky hook is going to be even more scarier), turn around jumpers, fade-way jumpers, jump shots, drop steps left shoulder or right shoulder, drop step TO A DUNK!  Pick and Roll she does it all everything. College looked easy and nothing is going to change.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 16, 2013 - 06:23 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#16 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:16 PM

In college it was rare for her to be defended on a consistent basis by players 6'5'' and taller. In the WNBA height is not as rare. She will need moves.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#17 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, it does. 

If it wasn't then someone like Candace Parker would have had 3 championships by now.  It still takes more than individual effort to make it there.

it's a great great thing that Brittney is working on completing her game before even playing a game there :)

Not gonna take away from that decision to becoming an even more unstoppable force.   Bringing THAT kind of post game to the WNBA... it's going to be scary.

Now you're talking about something different.  We are talking about her being dominant, something Griner will be already as she enters the WNBA.  Like I said earlier, the transition to the WNBA is a lot easier because the talent is watered down. That's not saying there's limited talent, but the elite players have a far bigger talent gap than second tier players in the WNBA.

Candace Parker at Tennessee averaged 20/8 in her last season, then in her first season in the WNBA averaged 18/9, winning the league MVP.  She's been dominant when healthy. There's no denying that.  Championships are team based, has nothing to do with individual dominance.

When you look at the WNBA, almost all dominant college players continue their dominance at the pro level. Griner will be no different as long as she stays healthy.  Improving her game like she is doing will just make her an even more dominant presence.

• 40,603 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Now you're talking about something different.  We are talking about her being dominant, something Griner will be already as she enters the NBA.

Candace Parker at Tennessee averaged 20/8 in her last season, then in her first season in the NBA averaged 18/9, winning the league MVP.  She's been dominant when healthy. There's no denying that.  Championships are team based, has nothing to do with individual dominance.

I know you tripped up on these, but still, reading it all together like that just sounds so wrong, lol.

yo.

#19 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 06:26 PM

I know you tripped up on these, but still, reading it all together like that just sounds so wrong, lol.

:laughing:

This is like one of the only times I will discuss the WNBA so I type NBA by habit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users