#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,916 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 16, 2013 - 12:23 AM

Hate to say it but after watching Durant's post game interview really REALLY bothered me...

He was too much of a "nice guy"

way too much of a nice guy.

He really needs to be more of an [expletive]hole and demand more from his teammates.

His whole mentality was "Well it was a great season, I'm proud of everyone. This doesn't hurt, I'm at peace"

And when it came to his final missed shot he said "It just went long" and treated it like no big deal..

And they asked if he was pissed or upset at the result and the situation he said "No, I'm at peace, we had a good season etc."

See, THAT kind of mentality is why role players don't step up, cause they know even if they screw up BAD  Durant is gonna pat them on the back and go "Hey you did a nice job, we had a good season, everything is alright."

I'm sorry, but no it's not. 

The lack of support you got from your supporting cast for this entire off-season once Westbrook was gone was laughable and you should be the last person "at peace" with everyone and talking about how you're proud of the 95% of guys that didn't step up or show up when you needed them most after carrying them on your back in Westbrook's absense.

That's the difference between Kobe and others.  He may be a ultra-competitive [expletive]hole.  But if you want to have the heart to rip it from someone's chest you need a little of that in you. 

Durant being "at peace" with the situation even before the loss is why he failed, and his undying support of his teammates even when they make his life a lot harder by not stepping up isn't going to make them feel the urgency to work harder.

When the going gets rough they are going to look at Durant for strength and the urgency.. if he's "at peace" why would they even feel a need to go out there like their lives depend on it if their leader is "at peace" with just having a good season, ESPECIALLY after the pain of not winning a championship last season.

i was downright shocked to be honest.  And I'm a fan of Durant's but his passiveness after this entire situation bugs me, and makes me worry about him as far as "taking it to the next level to wing a ring" goes.

Am I the only one that feels that way after watching this?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 579 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:37 AM

It worked for tim duncan .......4 rings later.....

sadly tim duncan is going to lose in the nba finals 

#3 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,402 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 16, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yea....he needs to be a little more assertive.

#4 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,536 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted May 16, 2013 - 06:38 AM

After the series is over there's not much you can do. Kobe was the same way after we lost the last couple series he played in. Hard to have that fire when it's all over.

But during the series, I totally agree with you. There's no way that without Westbrook Durant should only take 19 shots in a game. He was way too passive, didn't have that killer mentality. Westbrook has it.

Scott Brooks having him guard Marc Gasol wasn't helping either, just wore him down. Very smart of Lionel Hollins to keep his size advantage instead of trying to match the Thunders' speed.

Wish the Lakers would get him this offseason. A coach who takes advantage of his teams size and knows team defense.

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,015 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 16, 2013 - 08:35 AM

Tony Allen just showed why he is the best perimeter in the league  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,347 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 08:37 AM

He's still 24 years old.

This is a big learning experience for him. He needs to work on his killer instinct and body language. I mentioned before that throughout the series his body language was horrible. He never looked like a leader out there.

#7 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,850 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:48 AM

erek Fisher is the leader with his Big Mouth & Zero Production

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,347 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 11:08 AM

erek Fisher is the leader with his Big Mouth & Zero Production

Zero production? 

Probably one of the best players on the Thunder in the playoffs once Westbrook went down.  9 ppg and 47% from three off the bench. 

#9 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 16, 2013 - 11:32 AM

That's one of the things you miss when you lose Westbrook.

#10 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,039 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 16, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Durant is the only super star in the NBA that will always get a pass from people because he is not controversial or polorizing.  I will be the first person to critisize him and say he is not a good leader. Not yet.  Nice guys don't make good leaders.  Magic Johnson always have a smile on his face but when it comes to winning time and basketball, he is the meanest mo fo to his teamates and even coaches.  So is Jordan, Kobe,  Lebron and even Dunken.  Until he learns to become a true leader, I can not put him in the "super star" catagory yet.  His excuse is he is still young and can learn to become one.  Great scorer (though not last game) but other than that, not a leader.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,916 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Durant is the only super star in the NBA that will always get a pass from people because he is not controversial or polorizing.  I will be the first person to critisize him and say he is not a good leader. Not yet.  Nice guys don't make good leaders.  Magic Johnson always have a smile on his face but when it comes to winning time and basketball, he is the meanest mo fo to his teamates and even coaches.  So is Jordan, Kobe,  Lebron and even Dunken.  Until he learns to become a true leader, I can not put him in the "super star" catagory yet.  His excuse is he is still young and can learn to become one.  Great scorer (though not last game) but other than that, not a leader.

Yeah seriously, Magic smiled all the time, but remember when Worthy in his rookie season made that bad turnover against the Celtics, Magic gave him the "kobe death stare" before there was a kobe death stare.

Durant needs to learn to be a true true leader.  But he just looked lost at times. 

I mean he would come down, bust a three in someones face after crossing half court and then try to get everyone else involved.  

I kept waiting for Durant to get to the point where he'd say "give me the ball.. they CAN'T stop me when I assert myself.. no one can!"

But it never came.  He kept trying to be the ultimate team player, which is fine, but there comes a time where you have to become selfish when no one else is stepping up.  

People complain about Kobe and say "He has to keep passing to his teammates even if they are having bad games instead of trying to take over so much!"

This is the microcosm of a player doing that and you see the results.

#12 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,733 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 02:40 AM

dont forget Westbrook injury had a lot to do with Durant's game lately ..Durant mostly went isos, which makes hard to keep up the efficiency he had with Westbrook being the point guard. Its a learning process though, not only for him but for the team as whole, they never had to change the way the played till the injury .. On the other hand, how many times you've seen Kevin yells at Jackson for the ball ? Many. So you see the chemistry where it was ..

Kevin is surely furious about his game, but if you think about it as team, you've let harden go, and you had a vital injury in westbrook, so that where Kevin's mind might be at .. Is he a leader ? no. Russell is. 

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,916 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 02:45 AM

dont forget Westbrook injury had a lot to do with Durant's game lately ..Durant mostly went isos, which makes hard to keep up the efficiency he had with Westbrook being the point guard. Its a learning process though, not only for him but for the team as whole, they never had to change the way the played till the injury .. On the other hand, how many times you've seen Kevin yells at Jackson for the ball ? Many. So you see the chemistry where it was ..

Kevin is surely furious about his game, but if you think about it as team, you've let harden go, and you had a vital injury in westbrook, so that where Kevin's mind might be at .. Is he a leader ? no. Russell is. 

Their problem was paying Ibaka all that money before Harden. 

And they also DIDN'T have to trade Harden, they could have kept him all year and rode this out.

But like I said, after "the decision" teams are afraid to let their stars become "unrestricted". 

The only team that seemed to have confidence in that was the Lakers with Dwight, not forcing him to try to extend or anything or pressure him into having to commit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users