Photo

ESPN President: We Did Great On Collins' Story Except For Not Being More Careful With Broussard

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:25 AM

And what matters more, in such regards, shall forever remain subjective. Things like ethics, morals, and religion can seldom be deductively proven in a sound manner, whatever side you are on.
 Assuming one subscribed to the premise that morals came from God, they would be hypocritical not to subscribe to God's free will, allowing others to have their own belief as to where morals come from.

Judge ye not be judged.

If you have the time, please watch the film "Contact."On the contrary, I've always noticed option in this life. A duality. A separate path. Yin and yang. Left and right. On and off. It isn't one or the other; merely because we utilize one function, does not mean the counter opposite does not exist.

'' Assuming one subscribed to the premise that morals came from God, they would be hypocritical not to subscribe to God's free will''

Free will is very much a misconception and poorly understood concept. The only one who truly has ''Free will'' Is God... 

what we have in reality is free agency or freedom to choose right or wrong.   You cant will yourself to fly. You can jump off a building but then gravity will take over. You wont be able to fly no matter how set in your mind that i have freedom of will to do so.   

''Judge ye not be judged.''

one of the most quoted yet clearly misunderstood and misinterpreted verses people like to say in defense of an action or moral stance.

#22 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted May 16, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Free will is very much a misconception and poorly understood concept. The only one who truly has ''Free will'' Is God... 945

I've heard some who are atheist say they are God.
I've heard some who are of a theistic belief say that God is within them (spiritual).
They are two distinct subjective beliefs, but I think they both describe the same objective truth, whatever that may be.

The free will would be yours regardless.

If you are God, your will is free to the abilities of your surroundings and or your reality.

If you believe in God, most polytheistic religion subscribe to the belief that God is within you. The Christian faith believes we are made in God's image. We inherit God's free will.

Free will is not the same as having an unlimited power. You have to KNOW how to utilize such sciences and abilities to use it at will, which is a branch separate from free will.

I find all of your points interesting, especially since philosophy of religion (and in general) is interesting to me. Free will was one of the most interesting subjects.

We will have to agree to disagree, you just won't be able to convince me, as I won't be able to convince you.
Why is that? See my earlier points. I have vigourously debated such issues in the past, much harder than my political views, on other boards to no end. No one ever convinced each other.

I will post what I was talking about from "Contact" soon, unless you happen to catch it before I post it. Some things cannot be described via human language.

Edited by -Wade-, May 16, 2013 - 09:08 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#23 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:22 AM

I am not a Christian but i think Broussard is right, if i were a Christian i'd say the same.

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,924 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 17, 2013 - 07:45 PM

TKain: Your comment about Chris Broussard having "the right complexion" is absolutely uncalled for.  One step away from being banned.  This is it, I've had it. One more time and farewell.

And sure, Broussard has a right to say and think what he wants, but it was idiotic for him to say it in the media.  And what he said, complete and utter ignorance.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Broussard should just stay quiet and only speak to say labrawn jaaames every now and then
Posted Image

#26 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:34 AM

Broussard broke one story in Miami and now we are forced to argue over his drivel. Great.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users