#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,072 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 14, 2013 - 08:51 PM

^ Who will they trade for Smith? You think Atlanta wants Brandon Bass, Jason Terry, or Courtney Lee? Celtics have nobody of value really. 

jeff green most likely.  They'd probably ask for more than just Smith too and give more.  But we'd have to see what happens.

Celtics could go after him in free agency without S&T if no team bites for Smith via sign and trade which the Hawks are looking for.

Edited by Majesty, May 14, 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 14, 2013 - 11:12 PM

I remember back when the spurs won in the strike shortened season.. And Duncan Robinson wreathe twin towers...

I wanted kg and Shaq to team up...

#43 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 14, 2013 - 11:13 PM

Boston can't receive a player in a S&T as long as they are a tax-paying team.

#44 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 11:16 PM

Boston can't receive a player in a S&T as long as they are a tax-paying team.

So, no matter what, the celtics cannot make a sign and trade until next offseson?
Or could they work their way under during the offseason? Allowing them to do a sign and trade in July?

#45 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 15, 2013 - 12:46 AM

So, no matter what, the celtics cannot make a sign and trade until next offseson?
Or could they work their way under during the offseason? Allowing them to do a sign and trade in July?

As they stand, with the current roster, they won't be able to take anyone in using a S&T.

However, that changes if they buy out Pierce, or trade players for picks (to a team that can absorb salary), for example.

So, assuming the Celtics want Josh Smith, they would have to first buy out Paul Pierce, then make the trade for him. OR, buy out other players (or trade them to a team that can absorb salary), then deal Pierce in a S&T for Smith (or a combo of players that would be within a certain percentage of Smith's requested salary, which is likely going to be the max...just not sure he gets that).

#46 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 15, 2013 - 04:18 AM

Pierce? Hell NO! I hate this guy almost as much as i hate Jason Terry and that Lannister-kid on Game of Thrones (king Joffrey). Never want to see either of them in purple and gold.

KG? To me he is still a member of the T-wolves, so that i can accept. I just cant see how it's going to happen.

#47 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts

Posted May 15, 2013 - 05:16 AM

Pierce? Hell NO! I hate this guy almost as much as i hate Jason Terry and that Lannister-kid on Game of Thrones (king Joffrey). Never want to see either of them in purple and gold.

KG? To me he is still a member of the T-wolves, so that i can accept. I just cant see how it's going to happen.

Ha

Game of thrones form the win

#48 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 17, 2013 - 02:07 AM

LOL...oh how art the mighty fallen...

We are seriously discussing bringing in players Boston is trying to put out to pasture to "save" us?

Wow...

I would be interested in Jeff Green/Brandon Bass for Pau...

Edited by GCMD, May 17, 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#49 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,028 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 17, 2013 - 07:56 AM

LOL...oh how art the mighty fallen...

We are seriously discussing bringing in players Boston is trying to put out to pasture to "save" us?

Wow...

I would be interested in Jeff Green/Brandon Bass for Pau...

Boston wont do that, but I would for sure. Jeff Green is very solid and Bass is just a bulldoser 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#50 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted May 17, 2013 - 03:15 PM

Brandon Bass is not worth 6.9 million a year for 2 years. And Jeff Green is not worth making around nash's contract. Pass on that [expletive]ty ass trade. 

Edited by Holden_Magroin, May 17, 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 17, 2013 - 03:56 PM

That may be the best we can get for a [expletive]ty ass player.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,072 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 04:16 PM

That may be the best we can get for a [expletive]ty ass player.

If the warriors owner is drunk you could perhaps trade Pau to Golden State for David Lee and Harrison Barnes :laughing:

of course I'm kidding though.

Edited by Majesty, May 17, 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#53 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Boston wont do that, but I would for sure. Jeff Green is very solid and Bass is just a bulldoser 

$20M expiring contract?

And save $26M+ over the following 2 years (2014-2016)?

Boston has been known to tank and 2013/2014 would be the perfect season to do it.  Not saying the Lakers will but I think it would help the Lakers...

#54 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 03:20 AM

As they stand, with the current roster, they won't be able to take anyone in using a S&T.

However, that changes if they buy out Pierce, or trade players for picks (to a team that can absorb salary), for example.

So, assuming the Celtics want Josh Smith, they would have to first buy out Paul Pierce, then make the trade for him. OR, buy out other players (or trade them to a team that can absorb salary), then deal Pierce in a S&T for Smith (or a combo of players that would be within a certain percentage of Smith's requested salary, which is likely going to be the max...just not sure he gets that).

I'm pretty sure BOS can acquire Smith as long as ATL is willing to take back more than they send out.  I think it's how far you are above the tax threshold AFTER the S&T, not before.  I may be wrong...but its on the website...

Starting in 2013-14, the team receiving the player cannot be above the "apron" ($4 million above the tax level) after the trade1, 2.

http://www.cbafaq.co...larycap.htm#Q89

#55 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2013 - 10:26 AM

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#56 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 19, 2013 - 10:32 AM

Imagine:  Nash, Kobe, Pierce, Garnet, Howard

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=a6pqzse

This honestly benefits both teams.  Celtics have an ideal rebuild process but can still be successful.  Gasol is still very solid and a lineup of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Gasol, and Hill can definately be a 5th to 6th seed.

The Lakers on the other hand would have tremendous post defense with Garnet and Howard, and reliable offense with Pierce and Kobe.  Still the bench will suck but can be worked on in FA possibly?  And honestly, anyone whom is caught up in rivalry should realize that the teams success matters much more.  Paul Pierce comes home and Garnet finally plays alongside Kobe (Two of the greatest competitors to ever play)

Edited by lakers1o1, May 19, 2013 - 10:33 AM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,072 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Imagine:  Nash, Kobe, Pierce, Garnet, Howard

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=a6pqzse

This honestly benefits both teams.  Celtics have an ideal rebuild process but can still be successful.  Gasol is still very solid and a lineup of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Gasol, and Hill can definately be a 5th to 6th seed.

The Lakers on the other hand would have tremendous post defense with Garnet and Howard, and reliable offense with Pierce and Kobe.  Still the bench will suck but can be worked on in FA possibly?  And honestly, anyone whom is caught up in rivalry should realize that the teams success matters much more.  Paul Pierce comes home and Garnet finally plays alongside Kobe (Two of the greatest competitors to ever play)

You don't get rid of Jordan Hill and Pau gasol to "start" pierce and Garnett...

#58 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 11:57 PM

Paul Pierce is a celtic and should never be seen in purple and gold. KG on the other hand, i'd take, but i really cant see how it could happen. The Celtics are either making a another run next season with their core guys, Rondo, KG, Pierce and ???, or they blow it up and trade for young talent. 

We have no young talent. 

The only thing i see, and hope, happens is that the Lakers and Celtics agree that it is better that they meet in the NBA finals, than seing OKC battle Miami. 

We need perimeter defenders, which they have. 

They need a solid big, which we have. 

Pau Gasol to Boston for Jeff Green and Avery Bradley!

#59 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 22, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Paul Pierce is a celtic and should never be seen in purple and gold. KG on the other hand, i'd take, but i really cant see how it could happen. The Celtics are either making a another run next season with their core guys, Rondo, KG, Pierce and ???, or they blow it up and trade for young talent. 

We have no young talent. 

The only thing i see, and hope, happens is that the Lakers and Celtics agree that it is better that they meet in the NBA finals, than seing OKC battle Miami. 
We need perimeter defenders, which they have. 
They need a solid big, which we have. 

Pau Gasol to Boston for Jeff Green and Avery Bradley!

Lol I did that exact trade on nba 2k13.

#60 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,694 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 22, 2013 - 01:33 AM

pau for bradley and jeff green.. hahah thats a [expletive]ing pipe dream, but an awesome one

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users